Reaction score
I'm bored....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
pre-owned lived?
Liver. She had a liver transplant. For all intents and purposes we didn't really sleep. The surgery lasted late into the night, and one of our step-sisters was sending us updates from the hospital. Then some moron decided to ride his motorcycle without a muffler up and down our street at 2 am (@gpseymour , we SO need that sound-activated laser). And then Gerry had to get up at 5 to go to Charlotte to stay with his mom at the hospital, and then I had to get up and go to work. I packed off Gerry with a bunch of food - because nobody should be handling ailing family members without sustenance.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Liver. She had a liver transplant. For all intents and purposes we didn't really sleep. The surgery lasted late into the night, and one of our step-sisters was sending us updates from the hospital. Then some moron decided to ride his motorcycle without a muffler up and down our street at 2 am (@gpseymour , we SO need that sound-activated laser). And then Gerry had to get up at 5 to go to Charlotte to stay with his mom at the hospital, and then I had to get up and go to work. I packed off Gerry with a bunch of food - because nobody should be handling ailing family members without sustenance.

Hope all goes well and the recovery is swift

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've been training a lot lately, more that I was, not as much as I use to, but them I am a heck of a lot older than I use to be too. However I think I need to take a day off....I think my back is tired...keep getting spasms in my middle back about mid latissimus dorsi on both sides....and I have a bit of harder training coming up Wednesday....so I think I'm taking Tuesday off....and getting Mrs Wu make my back a pin cushion this evening

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been training a lot lately, more that I was, not as much as I use to, but them I am a heck of a lot older than I use to be too. However I think I need to take a day off....I think my back is tired...keep getting spasms in my middle back about mid latissimus dorsi on both sides....and I have a bit of harder training coming up Wednesday....so I think I'm taking Tuesday off....and getting Mrs Wu make my back a pin cushion this evening
I am TERRIBLE at taking it easy, so I applaud you for such an intelligent, mature move. Well done. I hope you feel better.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am TERRIBLE at taking it easy, so I applaud you for such an intelligent, mature move. Well done. I hope you feel better.

It took me over 40 years to figure this out, can't tell you how many times I trained in braces...heck, I once taught myself how to balance on crutches and throw a front kick when I was in an ankle cast for a broken ankle

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It took me over 40 years to figure this out, can't tell you how many times I trained in braces...heck, I once taught myself how to balance on crutches and throw a front kick when I was in an ankle cast for a broken ankle
OW! That is insane. My problem is my back. @gpseymour and I constantly have this discussion in class about "discomfort" vs "pain" vs "this is debilitating" .

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OW! That is insane. My problem is my back. @gpseymour and I constantly have this discussion in class about "discomfort" vs "pain" vs "this is debilitating" .

A lot of us old dinosaur martial artist types did a lot of stupid stuff to keep on training....and yes, it's insane.... but then my first art was Japanese Jujutsu and there was no protective gear and no floor mats, 2n art was pre-olympic tkd with no protective gear, joint locks, takedowns and in close fight training..... so it is no surprise we are a bit nuts.....that is until age kicks you in the head and says you can't do that anymore....and you get smart enough to listen

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A lot of us old dinosaur martial artist types did a lot of stupid stuff to keep on training....and yes, it's insane.... but then my first art was Japanese Jujutsu and there was no protective gear and no floor mats, 2n art was pre-olympic tkd with no protective gear, joint locks, takedowns and in close fight training..... so it is no surprise we are a bit nuts.....that is until age kicks you in the head and says you can't do that anymore....and you get smart enough to listen
That and low testosterone levels....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Liver transplant is a big deal. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions