Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
My family's immigration history is very simple....I'm it, the rest is german through and through...now my wife's is different.....there are Kelly's, Welsh's and English's.......good luck with that.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I will be crying in a couple of weeks

yesterday we picked up the rental for Hubby's truck replacement.
this morning the body shop got the truck to deliver an estimate.
truck is old, and got really beat up in the collision. It's gonna be totaled, so they won't let us keep the rental long.

and that Altima is sooooooooooo sweet!
I will be sobbing like a baby when I have to turn the keys over!
I mean, the car is a tad under powered for the size, but gawd, it purrs like a kitten!
I just have to remind myself to keep both hand on the wheel, so I don't try to shift....
(been driving a stick for the last few weeks! Thanks to a wonderful friend of Hubby's!)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be crying in a couple of weeks

yesterday we picked up the rental for Hubby's truck replacement.
this morning the body shop got the truck to deliver an estimate.
truck is old, and got really beat up in the collision. It's gonna be totaled, so they won't let us keep the rental long.

and that Altima is sooooooooooo sweet!
I will be sobbing like a baby when I have to turn the keys over!
I mean, the car is a tad under powered for the size, but gawd, it purrs like a kitten!
I just have to remind myself to keep both hand on the wheel, so I don't try to shift....
(been driving a stick for the last few weeks! Thanks to a wonderful friend of Hubby's!)
I know that feeling. I drive rentals on a regular basis when traveling. There have been a few I wondered if they'd miss, if I just kept driving...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorites was a Chrysler 300. I like driving. I even like driving distances. It's rare, though, that I just don't want to get out of the car.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good morning, all.

Last night I wrapped up class 3 out of 3 for Wing Chun at Hudson Valley. I applied what I learned from the first two classes and was able to reduce the material enough where I actually got through everything I wanted in the 2-hour running time.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Getting used to this whole "single and not leaping into the next relationship" thing too.

I am not proud to admit it, but for the longest time I had a revolving door for a heart. That "honeymoon period" rush fooled me every time. Plus, even though I often decry the "instant gratification" mentality, that is EXACTLY what I adhered to when it came to relationships. A dangerous mindset to have, indeed, especially when you have children involved. However, I believe I have finally broken free of this pattern.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting used to this whole "single and not leaping into the next relationship" thing too.

I am not proud to admit it, but for the longest time I had a revolving door for a heart. That "honeymoon period" rush fooled me every time. Plus, even though I often decry the "instant gratification" mentality, that is EXACTLY what I adhered to when it came to relationships. A dangerous mindset to have, indeed, especially when you have children involved. However, I believe I have finally broken free of this pattern.
Most of us have a strong "rebound effect" when exiting a relationship. For me, it probably killed one relationship that could have lasted, and gotten me into a couple that never really had a chance (but which were fun, anyway).

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Most of us have a strong "rebound effect" when exiting a relationship. For me, it probably killed one relationship that could have lasted, and gotten me into a couple that never really had a chance (but which were fun, anyway).

Oddly enough, there was one time where I broke up with someone in November and then was in a new relationship by the following January. However, SHE wound up being the one to dump ME and said I was only rebound and not what she really wanted. And in that situation, I thought it had a lot of potential because I was absolutely smitten with every aspect of her.

Ah well.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, there was one time where I broke up with someone in November and then was in a new relationship by the following January. However, SHE wound up being the one to dump ME and said I was only rebound and not what she really wanted. And in that situation, I thought it had a lot of potential because I was absolutely smitten with every aspect of her.

Ah well.
Been there, too, my friend.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Go have some chocolate or something.

I had lunch.... they had the audacity to actually expect me to work at work today so I am getting a late lunch..... now chocolate...2 squares only

61NyDbJ8K9L._SY355_.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to head out to teach. Will probably try to jump rope as part of my warm-up, if only to remind myself that I lack the skill to be handling ropes.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’ve been traveling. Currently on Cape Cod eating my friends out of house and home.
Checked in here a couple times but the site wouldn’t let me post.

It’s cold here. Kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions