Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ugh. Signed up to have my website hosted through this place called SBI, which gives you an amazing suite of tools at your disposal for their price tag. Unfortunately, creating sites with them is not as intuitive as it is...basically anywhere else, at least not for me. :-(

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Signed up to have my website hosted through this place called SBI, which gives you an amazing suite of tools at your disposal for their price tag. Unfortunately, creating sites with them is not as intuitive as it is...basically anywhere else, at least not for me. :-(
I long ago switched from using the sitebuilders provided by hosting services, and started using the common open-source CMS (first Joomla, now WordPress), so I can take my sites anywhere with little fuss should I decide to change providers (which I haven't in almost 10 years). Once you learn to use one of these, you can use it with pretty much any hosting provider.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I seldom see people working out their forearms in the gym, even the bigger guys. I never understood why

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seldom see people working out their forearms in the gym, even the bigger guys. I never understood why
If they are doing free weights, holding up the weights in many of the exercises actually gets the forearm muscles in one direction (flexion, not extension). That said, the bodybuilder who got me started (back in high school - not so much now) did actually have me doing forearm curls in both directions.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If they are doing free weights, holding up the weights in many of the exercises actually gets the forearm muscles in one direction (flexion, not extension). That said, the bodybuilder who got me started (back in high school - not so much now) did actually have me doing forearm curls in both directions.

I was taught to hold a dumbbell in each hand by your side from a standing position, without moving your arms flex you wrist all the way out then all the way back in, essentially making a 90 degree arch with your wrist out and in is one. Do 20-25 reps for 3 sets, it gives you a great pump. Next exercise is have the dumbbells in the same position this time rotate at the shoulder with them at your side, twisting the dumbbell in place trying to get 180 degrees of rotation. Also 20-25 reps 3 sets. You'll feel like Popeye afterwards

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was taught to hold a dumbbell in each hand by your side from a standing position, without moving your arms flex you wrist all the way out then all the way back in, essentially making a 90 degree arch with your wrist out and in is one. Do 20-25 reps for 3 sets, it gives you a great pump. Next exercise is have the dumbbells in the same position this time rotate at the shoulder with them at your side, twisting the dumbbell in place trying to get 180 degrees of rotation. Also 20-25 reps 3 sets. You'll feel like Popeye afterwards
Similar concept, but I was taught to do it sitting, with forearms resting on thighs. Palms down for 3 sets, then palms up for 3 sets.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I fully forgot about the last person threads. I think my mind just subconsciously went past them when I would look at active topics.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I long ago switched from using the sitebuilders provided by hosting services, and started using the common open-source CMS (first Joomla, now WordPress), so I can take my sites anywhere with little fuss should I decide to change providers (which I haven't in almost 10 years). Once you learn to use one of these, you can use it with pretty much any hosting provider.

I understand WordPress pretty well, but my problem has always been actually getting people to it. LOL Then there are all the other things I need help with like setting up auto responders, setting up purchase pages for downloads of ebooks/videos/etc., and other miscellaneous things. For now I need the hand holding.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand WordPress pretty well, but my problem has always been actually getting people to it. LOL Then there are all the other things I need help with like setting up auto responders, setting up purchase pages for downloads of ebooks/videos/etc., and other miscellaneous things. For now I need the hand holding.
With WordPress, you're not limited to their hosting. A lot of people choose to put their blogs on WordPress.org, but the actual WordPress CMS (as with Joomla and Drupal) can be hosted nearly anywhere. There are plugins for most of the other things you need (some free, some paid), and folks on Fiverr and Gigbucks who will do the setup work for you for a few dollars. There's definitely an investment of time learning to use it - no doubt of that - but once you know it, you can take your site to any hosting provider you like, and it will work pretty much the same anywhere. It can be easier to learn one of the dedicated sitebuilder programs, but you end up having to learn another one if you change providers - and you end up having to rebuild your site.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had someone test the game I've been making last weekend, and it finally took a tester over an hour to get to where I'm at creation-wise.
If you ever need another tester, give me a shout. I've never tested games, but I've done a fair amount of software testing in the past.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
but this is where the cool kids gather!

cool-kids-logo-web.jpg

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
there was something i was going to write in the thread ,,,,,,but now i forgot what it was.
maybe if i walk back to where i was before it will come to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions