Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was nuts at work tonight. Half the department out with Flu, wind gusts of 45, on and off sideways rain, power surges and outages, crowded. No power when I got home. But, it just came on a half hour ago.

Beer. :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Arni now you, it is getting to be old home week...seasoned, how are you? Have not seen you posting in a while

Thanks, Xue Sheng,

Some health issues that come with senior citizenry. Life has a way of interfering with fun which I feel MT is. :) Thanks for noticing and asking.....

seasoned

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
1.5 inches of Snow/ice/slush..... shoveling and snow blowing (you could park 8 to 10 cars in my driveway)..... I'm done..... and so are my back and my knees..... staying home today and feeling very old and not at all happy about it.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Supposed to test for 1st Dan on Thursday......and then I pulled my back yesterday. If I can't get it sorted out this will be the third time I'd have to delay testing due to injuries (knee, son's broken leg, and the back)....2017 sucks so far

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposed to test for 1st Dan on Thursday......and then I pulled my back yesterday. If I can't get it sorted out this will be the third time I'd have to delay testing due to injuries (knee, son's broken leg, and the back)....2017 sucks so far
Take care of that back, Flatfish. I know it's frustrating being that close to testing and having to delay, but backs get to make the rules.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1.5 inches of Snow/ice/slush..... shoveling and snow blowing (you could park 8 to 10 cars in my driveway)..... I'm done..... and so are my back and my knees..... staying home today and feeling very old and not at all happy about it.
I feel your pain. A slightly smaller driveway, but very steep. I get older every time I shovel it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Same as always--though now both kids are out of the house, an hour away in separate directions! Things OK with you?
It's a weird feeling. Isn't it? The house seems a lot bigger. We have two out of the house, as well. But fortunately, we had a third rugrat to keep us from feeling too old! :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone of my fellow martial artists have to deal with a partner who claims to understand your love of martial arts and says they want you to do it, but then puts you on guilt trips about it, how you spend "too much time" doing it? This has caused problems for me ever since I started dating! LOL Just curious how you handle it. I mean, do you cave and say "fine, I'll go to 2 classes a week instead of 3?" Or do you say "tough S, suck it up and deal?" Or do you say "nice dating you, I am going to go find someone who is mature enough to handle it now?"

To be fair I know that relationships require attention. I think part of the problem is the way the issue is addressed. Anyway, before I share my thoughts, I would like to know what others think.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope... I dont feel guilty for the things I dont do so if someone asked me something I dont want to do ill probably smile and say no :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone of my fellow martial artists have to deal with a partner who claims to understand your love of martial arts and says they want you to do it, but then puts you on guilt trips about it, how you spend "too much time" doing it? This has caused problems for me ever since I started dating! LOL Just curious how you handle it. I mean, do you cave and say "fine, I'll go to 2 classes a week instead of 3?" Or do you say "tough S, suck it up and deal?" Or do you say "nice dating you, I am going to go find someone who is mature enough to handle it now?"

To be fair I know that relationships require attention. I think part of the problem is the way the issue is addressed. Anyway, before I share my thoughts, I would like to know what others think.
The important question is whether it's mean to be a guilt trip, or something else. Prerhaps it is a statement of a need not met (different "love language"), or simply an expression of general frustration that found a temporary target.

My wife is very supportive, but she needs time with me. That's part of why I don't teach more classes. I would happily teach every evening I'm in town and Saturdays, but that doesn't fit her needs right now. If I ignore her needs in some areas, she sometimes expresses that by asking if I can cancel some classes. Instead, I go looking for the unmet need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions