Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not good.

You know what else isn't good? The nurse's station was CLOSED. They had a number on the door, so I left a voicemail. I guess they are open intermittently, so you have to guess when it is okay to be ill or injured.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ugh, I might have to head down to the nurse. Feeling dizzy and drowsy from that interaction with that metal shelf!

Sorry they are closed, but a few years back they cut the number of nurses in the state and started making them rotate between offices. I do not know if they still do that, but I thought it wsa a dumb idea when the first came up with it

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry they are closed, but a few years back they cut the number of nurses in the state and started making them rotate between offices. I do not know if they still do that, but I thought it wsa a dumb idea when the first came up with it

Which part? The cutting, or having these nurse's stations anyway?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Which part? The cutting, or having these nurse's stations anyway?

Making them rotate between offices. If there is a problem in one office, like you have today, they might be in another office on the campus and of little or no help to you at the moment. I liked the old days when they had a nurse on duty 5 days a week in state offices. My office has none at all these days, not even one rotating through

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Making them rotate between offices. If there is a problem in one office, like you have today, they might be in another office on the campus and of little or no help to you at the moment. I liked the old days when they had a nurse on duty 5 days a week in state offices. My office has none at all these days, not even one rotating through

I didn't know they do that rotating, so I have no idea where they could be or when they will be back.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I didn't know they do that rotating, so I have no idea where they could be or when they will be back.

They may no longer rotate, that was years ago, they may have gone to apart time thing, or maybe she just has the day off. That started back when I was at NYSED and that was over 10 years ago. Either way, if you are feeling dizzy, you need to get seen by someone, I would not wait for the nurse.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you're really feeling poor after this, consider letting your boss know if you haven't already. And think about going to see your own doctor or to an urgent care.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, and they need to be discussed properly, maturely, calmly.

RIGHT WAY: I know you wanted to check out that class tomorrow, but I was wondering if we could spend some time together.

WRONG WAY: Oh, you're going to go check out that class tomorrow? That's cool. I guess you wouldn't want to spend time with me anyway.

That is not a direct quote, by the way. All I'm saying is, the first way would be received better. In my ears anyway.
Perhaps this is a conversation you should be having with someone else...

Relationships live and die off of communication. It certainly sounds like there are gaps in your communication there...

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perhaps this is a conversation you should be having with someone else...

Relationships live and die off of communication. It certainly sounds like there are gaps in your communication there...

I AM having it with someone else, but I saw no harm in mentioning it here either.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really meant to get back into working out today too. Then I had to go and bang my head. lol

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just weird how it is okay to open up about some things, but not others. I thought for sure my post about mental health would yield bad results, but I did it anyway. Oh well...guess it's time to revert to other topics.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Careful what you post on the internet.... I am pretty sure I lost out on training Police/Military Sanda because of my posting about it...and I never used a photo of me on this or any site....

Second problem (profile picture) solved. LOL

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just weird how it is okay to open up about some things, but not others. I thought for sure my post about mental health would yield bad results, but I did it anyway. Oh well...guess it's time to revert to other topics.

No bad results, just don't want you to make a mistake like I did with Sanda, in a much more serious/important situation. If the person you are talking to goes on the internet it is possible they might see it. My Sanda shifu went on the internet and looked for things martial arts, that I knew, but never thought while posting he would see it or know who posted it. Even though it was all positive posting as it applies to Sanda, he wanted me to tell no one (a Chinese thing) and all of a sudden all lessons and training stopped. Not all that hard to figure out who I am online if you know me in real life, especially if I am talking about a style that virtually no one can find to train in the USA

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Making herb and goat cheese stuffed, baked chicken breasts, with chicken and dumplings as a side.
Grey Goose raspberry smoothies and dark chocolate mouse for desert. Gotta' love a good day off. :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wish me luck. Trying to corn some brisket without salt peter. I'll let you know how it turns out in about 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions