@jks9199

Its time......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

buddy+the+elf.gif

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is not what I need to read still 2 hours away from dinner.
A friend is coming to dinner today, so I am roasting a Cornish game hen, stuffed with mixed veggies (onions, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, kale, salad, currants, apples), seasoned with fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, chives), and spices. Interested?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are you in hiding? What do you know about the old woman Alyona? I think a certain detective Petrovich might want to speek with you.
Alyona? Where did that come from? Anyway... I am translating a piece by Dostoyevsky. And because he does not acknowledge the need for sentence or paragraph breaks, and I do, I am having to make decisions about how to break up his content to make it readable without ruining his style. So, he is grumpy with me. Plus, the process requires such mental effort, I have to step away and translate something else - something easier. Which makes him jealous.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alyona? Where did that come from? Anyway... I am translating a piece by Dostoyevsky. And because he does not acknowledge the need for sentence or paragraph breaks, and I do, I am having to make decisions about how to break up his content to make it readable without ruining his style. So, he is grumpy with me. Plus, the process requires such mental effort, I have to step away and translate something else - something easier. Which makes him jealous.

wasnt Alyona the character who was killed by Raskolnikov in Fyodor Dostoevsky's book Crime and Punishment?
you said you were hiding. i was trying to make a lame joke about the plot line in the book as if you were a character and possible suspect.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend is coming to dinner today, so I am roasting a Cornish game hen, stuffed with mixed veggies (onions, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, kale, salad, currants, apples), seasoned with fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, chives), and spices. Interested?
If it wasnt for the mushrooms, i would be. I hate those bastards though

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think gumbo today.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
wasnt Alyona the character who was killed by Raskolnikov in Fyodor Dostoevsky's book Crime and Punishment?
you said you were hiding. i was trying to make a lame joke about the plot line in the book as if you were a character and possible suspect.
Ah, yes! Alyona Ivanovna. But I am loads purtier. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've never been part of anything where shenanigans were actually declared.

This be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.