Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had an invite to go bowling with some friends tonight.

With the way things are going around my house, all I can say is...I should have gone. LOL

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's Saturday night looking like?
We stayed at home (which we do a lot - we like it here in the woods). Quiet evening, checking in on MT, reading, trying to figure out a VBScript solution to something I can't do via VB in Excel. You know, the normal kinda stuff for a Saturday.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just noticed something yesterday morning

Awhile back I gave up dairy and red meat, actually I cut out a lot of meat, lost a lot of weight and most of my joint pain went away. Also my joints were able to take shocks again and I did not limp for days afterwards. Then I got injured, but still did not do dairy (specifically milk and cheese) and red meat. I gained weight because I could not exercise, but no joint pain. Not to long ago I slipped back to putting milk in my English and Irish tea, and slowly got back to cheese and eating more meat. Did not gain any additional weight, but damn if my knees have not been hurting daily and last Thursday my left hip stared bothering me and it got worse Friday and worse yet Saturday morning.

So after having a piece of Irish Cheese and while drinking my Irish tea with milk I remembered all this.... I stopped the dairy again and I have had no meat and a little over 24 hours later my hip does not hurt at all. And my knee was fine until I moved a king size bed not to long ago.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Seahawks got beat by the better team yesterday. If it's to be, I'm glad it was Dan Quinn's team. I'll be rooting for the falcons in the Super Bowl.

My daughter wants to learn to make games. She is working through some exercises to pick up the basics of Scratch. Seems pretty cool, and accessible for a precocious 8 year old.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Awhile back I gave up dairy and red meat, actually I cut out a lot of meat, lost a lot of weight and most of my joint pain went away. Also my joints were able to take shocks again and I did not limp for days afterwards. Then I got injured, but still did not do dairy (specifically milk and cheese) and red meat. I gained weight because I could not exercise, but no joint pain. Not to long ago I slipped back to putting milk in my English and Irish tea, and slowly got back to cheese and eating more meat. Did not gain any additional weight, but damn if my knees have not been hurting daily and last Thursday my left hip stared bothering me and it got worse Friday and worse yet Saturday morning.

So after having a piece of Irish Cheese and while drinking my Irish tea with milk I remembered all this.... I stopped the dairy again and I have had no meat and a little over 24 hours later my hip does not hurt at all. And my knee was fine until I moved a king size bed not to long ago.
dangit..need to quit the cheese again myself....
but for skin reasons, stress related....
never saw a correlation between meat and pain though...should I try?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wish diet changes worked universally - individuals can respond drastically differently. I'll have to give this a try and see if it helps my knees.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I wish diet changes worked universally - individuals can respond drastically differently. I'll have to give this a try and see if it helps my knees.

Your millage may vary, I in no way trying to say this works universally, but it appears to be working for me. As for my knees and taking the shock better, it could also have something to do with the fact that at that time I had lost 37 pounds.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I actually tend to crave meat...red meat.....the redder the better....barely done moving....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your millage may vary, I in no way trying to say this works universally, but it appears to be working for me. As for my knees and taking the shock better, it could also have something to do with the fact that at that time I had lost 37 pounds.
Worth the investigation, anyway. I'll dislike you for a week or so when I try it, mind you.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

My friend's wife is on a 1400 calorie per day nutritional plan because she wants to get the operation known as "the sleeve."

I have about 30-40 pounds that I could spare to lose. I asked him if he could get all her daily nutrition info to me. She lost 8 pounds in a frickin' week! Not the healthiest thing, I know, but damn! That would be anywhere from one fifth to one third of what I am looking to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions