Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at home (which we do a lot - we like it here in the woods). Quiet evening, checking in on MT, reading, trying to figure out a VBScript solution to something I can't do via VB in Excel. You know, the normal kinda stuff for a Saturday.

The rest of my night after that question consisted of falling asleep alone. Had a bit of a disagreement with the girlfriend.

Trying to blend families can cause that.

Often. lol

I could eat red meat every day. But I like fish and chicken too. But steak. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My friend's wife is on a 1400 calorie per day nutritional plan because she wants to get the operation known as "the sleeve."

I have about 30-40 pounds that I could spare to lose. I asked him if he could get all her daily nutrition info to me. She lost 8 pounds in a frickin' week! Not the healthiest thing, I know, but damn! That would be anywhere from one fifth to one third of what I am looking to lose!
I'd be happy to lose the band of stress-induced midsection fat I picked up the last couple of years. It's not much, but it's annoyingly hard to lose.

The rest of my night after that question consisted of falling asleep alone. Had a bit of a disagreement with the girlfriend.

Trying to blend families can cause that.

Often. lol
Bickering is part of all families, and blended families are no exception. Hope all's smooth now, Steve.

Bickering is part of all families, and blended families are no exception. Hope all's smooth now, Steve.

It is even worse when you are blending. I mean, I dated women who had kids when I was not a dad. It wasn't as bad. LOL With all these different personalities, things can escalate so fast that you won't know what hit you.

It is even worse when you are blending. I mean, I dated women who had kids when I was not a dad. It wasn't as bad. LOL With all these different personalities, things can escalate so fast that you won't know what hit you.
Yep, and they're all learning each other. While long-term family already know your buttons and can hit them reliably, new family often hits them unintentionally.

Yep, and they're all learning each other. While long-term family already know your buttons and can hit them reliably, new family often hits them unintentionally.

Oh, my girlfriend's daughter knows how to hit them intentionally.

Damn, just looked at the clock and realized it is 11:19PM. So glad tomorrow is a holiday!

And I did mean to do some reading tonight too. Finally picked up a copy of THE SCARLET GOSPELS by Clive Barker from the library. Haven't even read a single page yet.

Cleaning house in morning tomorrow, then Star Wars with my older daughter and her husband. Also going to get one of my espresso machines dropped off at the shop. i picked up a used La Pavoni manual for a pretty good price. Hoping the repair is reasonable.

I could eat red meat every day. But I like fish and chicken too. But steak. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So how about a steak with a side of fish, a side of chicken, and maybe a fried egg on top of the steak.
And bacon.

So how about a steak with a side of fish, a side of chicken, and maybe a fried egg on top of the steak.
And bacon.

No we're talkin.

I know how important diet is. But I don't care. I just ate a piece of lasagna so big - perfect size for late night, actually.

Of course now you guys have me hunting meat. Good with cold beer, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back