Kids Taster Sessions

T

tonbo

If we *really* want to have fun with the kids, we load 'em up with the sword and shield, and then allow them to have a "horse"....a student instructor on all fours. That adds a different element altogether.....

And for adults.....if you have a balance beam that you can use, where two adults can sit without their feet touching the ground, have them straddle the beam, each on a different end, a few feet apart. Then give them each a blocker and let them try to knock each other off.....or have them stand on kickshields and try to get the other person off of theirs......

Fun, fun, fun.....and good for the balance.....

Peace--

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I use the blockers from Century to have "light saber" battles. These blockers (short and long) have handles and a square foam pad on the end. If the blocker hits your leg..... you have to hop on one leg (since it got cut off) if both legs get cut...... then you have to kneel ..... almost death! They have tons of fun and at the same time are getting beat to death with the foam bats. This is a great into for sparring....... as I have time tested..... later when I introduce light sparring.... there is 90 % less fear of getting hit than the children that didn't participate in the "Jedi" blocker program.

:asian:
I've cut off your leg
Tis but a flesh wound!

S

Stick Dummy

Seig,

You have trained with light sabres?????? All I have is lousy plastic sticks that whistle when you twirl them.

I'll have to get you to show me some techniques before GoldenDragon takes you and the Mrs. to the Bahamas...... :D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Seig,

You have trained with light sabres?????? All I have is lousy plastic sticks that whistle when you twirl them.

I'll have to get you to show me some techniques before GoldenDragon takes you and the Mrs. to the Bahamas...... :D
Very Light, cheap aluminum as a matter of fact.:D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

you can go tooo.....:rofl:
I don't think so. He works with me and visits the studio from time to time. Any time I am late coming home from work on a Tuesday or Wednesday, she knows Stick and I got stuck in the MA zone where time ceases to exist....

S

Stick Dummy

Stick Dummy normally :D

Stick Dummy when KenpoTess FINALLY catches up to him for delaying Seig in AM.

:rofl: :erg: :rofl: :hammer: :wah: :duel: :2pistols: :bazook: :wink1:

Ahhh The smell of Burning Rattan in the morning.............

OP
Les

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies to my question on Kids Taster Sessions.

Everyone has come up with great idea's and I will be sharing them with my assistant "tiger tamers".

Tonight is the first session, so we will be putting some of your suggestions to the test.

Some of the ideas I will use in the existing classes as well.

Once again, thanks very much.

Les

Latest Discussions