Kids Taster Sessions

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sigh...would be nice if that worked on cops too... I wouldn't have gotten a speeding ticket last week...

"This is not the Ford you're looking for..."

T

tunetigress

Originally posted by tonbo

rofl: Now *that* would be a great training tool......to be able to train some of the parents in the ancient martial art of "paren-ting", or the subtle art of actually getting your child to do what they should.....

Peace-- [/B]

That's a good one Tonbo!!! So fine, in fact, that I feel compelled to add it to my repertoire. Where on earth did you pick that one up?? :rofl:

T

tonbo

Where on earth did you pick that one up??

Well, I hate to admit it, but that one just came out of my warped little mind...:D

That is a martial art I have been trying to master for many, many years.....and still am. I feel I always will be.

Geeeez....doesn't *that* sound familiar?? :eek:

Peace--

R

Rob_Broad

Special trial classes for kids is a great idea and you are targeting a rich market. I often did " bring a friend nite " with the kids and it often generated a couple new students each time. I used lots of high energy games and drills those classes and had time set aside for after the class to answer questions for any of the parents that watched the class.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bring a friend nite....that's a good one... mind if I pass that one along to my instructor?

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will try the Bring a Friend Free night also. Sounds like a good idea. Do you have the parents come also, to sign a waiver, or send that along with your kids?

I personally like the use of the "Force" and plan to try that also. We can all dream....

-Michael B.
United Kenpo Systems

T

tonbo

At our school, the first week after any belt test is "Buddy week". You can bring a friend in for classes during the week, free. It is strongly recommended that the friend's parents be present, and that they give their permission. The buddy is free to join you (no matter what your rank is) in the white belt class, to get a taste of what things would be like if he/she joined up. Generally, we don't worry about waivers for this week, as there is no contact and very little actual "strenuous" workout to get someone hurt.

We also have "Mother's Month" and "Father's Month", corresponding to April and June, respectively. Kids can bring their mom and dad in for classes during those months free of charge, with the same restrictions--only in the white belt class, but you can join in with them and train side by side.

That is a lot of fun, and people really enjoy the freebies.

We also offer birthday parties, where you can have up to ten kids join you for pizza and cake, as well as a free introductory course. We have the school mascots available as well (a tiger suit and dragon suit--the kinds you would see in parades) to help out with the lesson. All in all, it's a hoot, and people have a good time with that as well.

Peace--

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Keeps up with the times...... We need the studios to keep the Art alive... So their well~being is paramount.

Developing current "programs" that mesh with current movies and happenings are not a new marketing tool....... com on everybody get those thinking caps on... :karate:

Come and join the next Kenpo Class.... Spidy endorses it.... Free Spiderman poptarts at the end of the 3 lesson course. :idea:

Let the force be with you..... 1 month (8 - 1 hr classes ) of American Kenpo... (Martial Art Training of the Jedi's) only $49.95 includes uniform and light saber!:jedi1:

:asian:

T

tunetigress

Now boys, boys, you all had better get along and start sharing you toys, so I don't have to confiscate all your light sabres and give all of ya a Time-Out!!! :rofl:

C

C.E.Jackson

Well the theme of this string IS "kids classes" :rofl:

Originally posted by tunetigress

Now boys, boys, you all had better get along and start sharing you toys, so I don't have to confiscate all your light sabres and give all of ya a Time-Out!!! :rofl:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I use the blockers from Century to have "light saber" battles. These blockers (short and long) have handles and a square foam pad on the end. If the blocker hits your leg..... you have to hop on one leg (since it got cut off) if both legs get cut...... then you have to kneel ..... almost death! They have tons of fun and at the same time are getting beat to death with the foam bats. This is a great into for sparring....... as I have time tested..... later when I introduce light sparring.... there is 90 % less fear of getting hit than the children that didn't participate in the "Jedi" blocker program.

:asian:

T

tonbo

Although they haven't been lightsabers......we have had sparring sessions with "sword and shield", where kids use the one-handed Century blockers as a "sword" and a kickshield as a "shield"....same rules as far as getting hit in arms and legs....lots of fun!!!

Peace--

Latest Discussions