Iraqi Journalist attacks Pres Bush with Shoes

You don't get a much clearer political statement than that.

Omg...you don't throw shoes at the most powerful person in the world. Especially a guy who legalized torture, secret prisons, suspension of habeus corpus, and rendition. That dude will never be seen again. Some people need to learn that there are some people that you just don't **** with.

Put it in cultural perspective.

He -really- insulted Bush.

Remember, when Sadams statues fell, they beat them with shoes.

LOL!

I betcha the bombs in the shoes didn't go off when they were supposed to and the journalist was frustrated and tossed them.

Dubya ducked pretty good though. Twice heh :D

What a repugnant, disgusting and dangerous act by that "journalist".

Who put him in charge of Iraqi foreign policy?

That opinion would not change if a different President had been the target.

This violent act easily could have been mistaken as an assassination attempt by an agent who didn't clearly see what was being thrown. Had just one agent opened fire, innocent people could have died.

I don't care how much this jackass disliked President Bush... he should have used his pen, his keyboard to express that.

What a repugnant, disgusting and dangerous act by that "journalist".

Who put him in charge of Iraqi foreign policy?

That opinion would not change if a different President had been the target.

This violent act easily could have been mistaken as an assassination attempt by an agent who didn't clearly see what was being thrown. Had just one agent opened fire, innocent people could have died.

I don't care how much this jackass disliked President Bush... he should have used his pen, his keyboard to express that.

This is I think the crucial point: doing that could have gone horrifically sideways, with many innocent lives put at risk. As Grydth says, challenge away, the more sharply the better—that's an important part of journalism—but do it sanely.

This is I think the crucial point: doing that could have gone horrifically sideways, with many innocent lives put at risk. As Grydth says, challenge away, the more sharply the better—that's an important part of journalism—but do it sanely.

I think that point, on it's own, is a valid one. In doing that the journalist showed no regard for the safety of others in the room.

As for sanity among journalists :deadhorse

It is a testament to the eyes and control of the SS that they did not start whipping out their weapons and such. They saw it was a shoe and that the President wasn't struck. Still they should've been able to stop the second shoe from being even thrown or at least stand in the way of it. I know they're supposed to catch bullets for the Prez but maybe they're not trained on catching shoes...

Kinda makes me wonder how well will they defend Obama? Oh of course they will I shouldn't doubt it.

It is a testament to the eyes and control of the SS that they did not start whipping out their weapons and such. They saw it was a shoe and that the President wasn't struck. Still they should've been able to stop the second shoe from being even thrown or at least stand in the way of it. I know they're supposed to catch bullets for the Prez but maybe they're not trained on catching shoes...

Kinda makes me wonder how well will they defend Obama? Oh of course they will I shouldn't doubt it.
As long as he stays out of Dallas, he should be fine.....

Heh, if that had happened in the U.S. he would've been buried beneath so many Secret Service agents that he could be buried in a large flat mailing envelope. I remember when Ronald Reagan was shot...security people teleported in from nowhere to form the World's Largest Scrum.

Back