Iraqi Journalist attacks Pres Bush with Shoes

Has president Bush done some type of training before , maybe boxing or something ? He slipped that first shoe pretty good .

I'm not sure the shoe journalists view are just his, the BBC went out and interviwed a lot of Iraqis and they share the opinion that we should leave Iraq.

The thing I suppose we forget is that we did invade Iraq and while we see it as liberating them they don't necessarily see it that way. Turn it around, a lot of Americans don't like Bush but how would they feel if Russia/China whoever came along and invaded America to 'rid' you of Bush? Many of you aren't Obama fans but would you tolerate another country deposing him thinking that it's for the greater good and they were giving you back democracy or would you resist the invasion? Saddam was appalling but he was the Iraqis appalling guy and while they are glad to be rid of him they also want us gone.
Things were bad for some while Saddam was in power but for ordinary Iraqis things got a whole lost worse when we arrived, so we can hardly blame them for wanting us gone. You can't expect gratitude after everything that has happened.

The money (and lives) that we're pissing away in Iraq and Afghanistan on a daily basis could be put to much better use right here at home.

See, but thats 'different' because were the 'good guys'. Anyone invading us is the 'bad guys', don'tchaknow. ;)

The thing I suppose we forget is that we did invade Iraq and while we see it as liberating them they don't necessarily see it that way. Turn it around, a lot of Americans don't like Bush but how would they feel if Russia/China whoever came along and invaded America to 'rid' you of Bush? Many of you aren't Obama fans but would you tolerate another country deposing him thinking that it's for the greater good and they were giving you back democracy or would you resist the invasion? Saddam was appalling but he was the Iraqis appalling guy and while they are glad to be rid of him they also want us gone.

Can't dispute that.

Why am I seeing a bad Disney movie starring George Bush and Jackie Chan?
:D

Why am I seeing a bad Disney movie starring George Bush and Jackie Chan?
:D

Jackie can do the moves and Bush can deliver the one-liners. This President could be like a reverse Ronald Reagan. President, then actor!

Someone said this is actually a sign of Pres. Bush's success in Iraq--imagine what would've happened if he had thrown a shoe at Saddam Hussein!

Um, I'll take "Cleaning his brains off the wall" for $400 Arni!

There's a weird double standard buried deep in all of this, and I don't just mean the biases against Bush. When conservatives hold up unsavory Muslims or Arabs as representative of the region's problems, we're told how simplistic and two-dimensional we're being. But when the same sort of unsavory doofus behaves in ways that confirm liberal biases and coform to liberal passions, then suddenly this doofus speaks for millions.

- Jonah Goldberg

I question how good the secret service is after that. That just watched the first shoe. Then watched the second shoe. Then stood around and stared.
If the secret service won't take a shoe, would they take a bullet?

AoG

Part of piece at http://www.236.com/blog/w/jon_friedman/questions_that_i_have_for_the_10713.php =

Questions That I Have for the Secret Service
Jon Friedman |

1. Shouldn't you have jumped in front of that shoe?
2. Shouldn't you have jumped in front of that second shoe?
3. Second shoe = the one thrown after being removed from foot after first shoe was thrown.
4. Let's say people had three feet. Would you have allowed a third shoe to fly unimpeded?
5. While the shoe was in the air, were you like, "Oh, its just a shoe."
6. Same question about the second shoe.
7. Do you think this is funny, "Throw a shoe at me once, shame on--you. Throw a shoe--you throw a shoe, you can't throw a shoe again."
8. Is there not "protection training" for lunatics launching objects?
9. Let's say there isn't training for that--but do they tell you that if someone does throw (or shoot) something to be on the alert in case they want to repeat this behavior?
10. Where were you?

BONUS QUESTION: Do you think the Iraqis want us there? (Hint: their journalists are throwing their shoes at Bush)

I question how good the secret service is after that. That just watched the first shoe. Then watched the second shoe. Then stood around and stared.
If the secret service won't take a shoe, would they take a bullet?

AoG

Maybe they were waiting for the other shoe to drop?

/here all week
//try the veal

Back