Iraqi Journalist attacks Pres Bush with Shoes

Apparently, the Shoe Throwing Incident is creating a base of solidarity among many of Iraq's (as well as the Muslim/Middle Eastern World) many peoples.

The questions I want to pose to everyone here: How much of a "Win" is this for those opposed to American involvement in the Middle East? How far can something wholly insulting take Anti-American sentiment?

Apparently, the Shoe Throwing Incident is creating a base of solidarity among many of Iraq's (as well as the Muslim/Middle Eastern World) many peoples.

The questions I want to pose to everyone here: How much of a "Win" is this for those opposed to American involvement in the Middle East? How far can something wholly insulting take Anti-American sentiment?

How much of a win, I don't know, but there is an interesting dynamic at play. I would say around the fourth anniversary of the war, the tide of public opinion in the USA began run against the President. Prior to that time, anyone who spoke out against the mission was accused of being for the other side, or at the very least, hurting the morale of the troops.

Then Bush pulled a switch-hit and said -- I remember it vividly -- "We're here at the request of the Iraqi government." Now the other shoe is dropping in Iraq. Maybe Iraqis who don't want the troops in Iraq aren't terrorists or anything like that; they just don't want the troops there, and are not going to thank an uninvited guest.

"Dubya ducked pretty good though. Twice heh"

I agree and the first time, he still had a smile on his face.
I'm no fan of Bush but his slipping skills were impressive.
lol

Perhaps he's had plenty of practice wth the missus chucking things at him?

Or maybe he was just expecting the day that someone would throw something at him and started to train to avoid it!

Well, this is a country that peppered their cities with statues of Saddam Hussein, so their taste in art must be considered somewhat suspect.

When next the Iraqis come looking for a handout, they should be given those shoes back and sent on their way.

Back