Interesting theory on how the pyramids were build.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think whips, brute force, rollers and yes keeping idle hands at work is the way to go! Really if you look around the world there are lots of pyramids and or structures that we know were built with human labor. Why should the pyramids be any different?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use to as well and I still have no doubt Brute force played a major roll and to some extent slaves but based on some of the archeological evidence of workers villages that has been found near the pyramids I am not so sure that "civil service" and or a "required service" much like some countries require military service today was not a rather large part of it.

Other than a painful splitting of hairs, what would be the difference (in this context) between "slave" and "required service"? It boils down to "you're going to do this, like it or not".

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought Hebrew slaves with flying saucers built them. ;)

Nah it was aliens with flying saucers that taught the Hebrew slaves how to levitate stones, move them, kick pharos butt, part the Red Sea and get outta Dodge....or Egypt...whatever the case may be

Both wrong. They were a mistake.

Unless...

They're proof that gods DO play dice with the universe!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought for sure I was going to see this when I opened this thread.

35o3vr.jpg

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And finally, something quite magical:

[video=youtube_share;jCwVGHSqQ7A]http://youtu.be/jCwVGHSqQ7A[/video]

Rokuta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was always fond of the four spiraling, exernal ramps approach. The incline is manageable and there is no evidence left afterwards because it it taken down when the pyramid is encased in it's casement stones.

Wouldn't the ancient tomb robbers who cut other passages in some of the pyramids have run into an enormous internal ramp system?