IKMA belt advancement

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't get the link to work but basically the belt system for Krav Maga is yellow, orange, green, blue, brown and black then after that it's 2nd Dan 3rd Dan 4th Dan and 5th Dan. Within the IKMA you need 9 months of consistent training for yellow belt and the time goes up from there in the Gidon system.

To be promoted to 2nd Dan or higher you need at least 5 years of instructor experience. In the IKMA testing is more rigorous and takes longer. 1st Dan is by invitation only and it's in Israel with the Grandmaster watching you. You have to be trained under a brown belt before you can get your 1st Dan black belt.

This is only for the people who care about rank. At other organizations the time to advance rank may be different.

Last edited:

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IKMA is considered to be the original federation, correct? What about Krav Maga Worldwide, do you know where they fall under in the Krav lineage? Thanks.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KMWW was created by Darren Levine and I think that John Whitman also had a big part in this.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this topic is? To show how long you need to train with the IKMA?

Did Darren Levine and John Whitman come from IKMA?

I trained under a black belt from Krav Maga Alliance, which is the breakaway creation of John Whitman.

Latest Discussions