I got on the internet...

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Life can be stressful sometimes, like when you're at work, especially when it is your job to protect other people. Sometimes, you get a lot of tension and bad vibes. You might get into a fight, or be witness to a vehicular incident. Over time and continuation, you may even become accustomed to being in these types of stressful situations every day. Imagine posting a message to MTalk from your phone just moments after you got into a fight. Not saying you would, but if you did and you know what I'm talking about, then you might find a hindrance to your own perspective in socializing and dealing with others. Other people might begin to seem a bit unrealistic to you, perhaps even a little bit foolish. It's not a good idea then to attempt to relieve all of your stress and tension by socializing on the MTalk forums. It is better to close your eyes and meditate before posting on MTalk, as some of the comments and posts you see may cause confusion, anger, doubt, pity and emotional discomfort (lol). Let this be a lesson to all security enforcement officers. :p

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life can be stressful sometimes, like when you're at work, especially when it is your job to protect other people. Sometimes, you get a lot of tension and bad vibes. You might get into a fight, or be witness to a vehicular incident. Over time and continuation, you may even become accustomed to being in these types of stressful situations every day. Imagine posting a message to MTalk from your phone just moments after you got into a fight. Not saying you would, but if you did and you know what I'm talking about, then you might find a hindrance to your own perspective in socializing and dealing with others. Other people might begin to seem a bit unrealistic to you, perhaps even a little bit foolish. It's not a good idea then to attempt to relieve all of your stress and tension by socializing on the MTalk forums. It is better to close your eyes and meditate before posting on MTalk, as some of the comments and posts you see may cause confusion, anger, doubt, pity and emotional discomfort (lol). Let this be a lesson to all security enforcement officers. :p

I can't say it's ever bothered me, I'm stroppy and sarcastic most of the time anyway. Until I retired a couple of years ago I'd spent my life being in stressful situations ( though retirement is stressful in a whole different way!) and for the past few years posted on here. You should have seen it before the political section was removed roflmao especially when American Presidential elections were coming up!
I can't say I take anything on the internet personally, people do have a habit of assigning emotions on you though I've noticed, they read into posts what they want to rather than what you actually wrote. I find a lot of things very amusing, but I do have a very strange sense of humour that few outside the military and police actually understand. I also get people calling me 'aggressive' merely because I'm female, they wouldn't say that to a bloke for example. But hey ho, I don't care. :D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find a lot of things very amusing, but I do have a very strange sense of humour that few outside the military and police actually understand.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how offended the public would be if they could ease drop on us when we are joking around.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then stay off the web when you're supposed to be working.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes I wonder how offended the public would be if they could ease drop on us when we are joking around.
Watch the space around you grow in a restaurant when you're chatting about a crime scene or crash over lunch...

There's a reason cops, firefighters, and EMS develop a special sense of humor...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I also get people calling me 'aggressive' merely because I'm female,
its not because your female , but i can understand that you might feel that way. from my perspective you have a tendency to get a hold on something like a pitbull and dont let it go.
but we all enjoy your posts and im glad your here.....just for the record

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not because your female , but i can understand that you might feel that way. from my perspective you have a tendency to get a hold on something like a pitbull and dont let it go.
but we all enjoy your posts and im glad your here.....just for the record

Of course not, it's my strength and why I was employed doing what I was doing for most of my working life. However on here, don't forget that in a thread one has to reply and answer many poster's points, they will reply to yours, you reply to theirs and so on. It may seem in that respect a subject isn't being 'let go' but in reality it is a flow between the participants which may go on for a long while. I consider it rude not to answer someone's point about what I have said. If they have taken the time to read something I've written and whether they agree or disagree I feel I should answer, not to do so is inconsiderate.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Of course not, it's my strength and why I was employed doing what I was doing for most of my working life. However on here, don't forget that in a thread one has to reply and answer many poster's points, they will reply to yours, you reply to theirs and so on. It may seem in that respect a subject isn't being 'let go' but in reality it is a flow between the participants which may go on for a long while. I consider it rude not to answer someone's point about what I have said. If they have taken the time to read something I've written and whether they agree or disagree I feel I should answer, not to do so is inconsiderate.
That's exactly right, tez3. Sometimes, when you do this, some people will accuse you of arguing just to argue. Not necessarily the case, though. :)

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I say things in a way that only certain people can understand, be it my parables or my lingo. My parables are intentional. My lingo is a product of my environment. I don't try to be mean or disrespectful. I don't mean to sound unknowledgable. But sometimes my perspective clashes with other people's perspectives over the internet (not so much in person), and sometimes the trainwreck begins with a basic misunderstanding of basic linguistics. I think it's because I'm from the south and southerners are less intelligent (but also better fighters) than most people, so we have issues with illiteracy... j/k btw ;)

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say things in a way that only certain people can understand, be it my parables or my lingo. My parables are intentional. My lingo is a product of my environment. I don't try to be mean or disrespectful. I don't mean to sound unknowledgable. But sometimes my perspective clashes with other people's perspectives over the internet (not so much in person), and sometimes the trainwreck begins with a basic misunderstanding of basic linguistics. I think it's because I'm from the south.;)

I write proper British English :). I also live in Yorkshire a place known for plain speaking so I don't do 'parables', nor do I hide behind mystical wonderings or streams of consciousness. I rather like slipping in military insults now and again or local sayings just to see if they get past the censorship here though, it has to be done. :D

The point of writing though is to make it understandable to everyone, having only the chosen few understand it defeats the object. We are chatting on this site, sometimes debating, even arguing so writing plain English makes good sense. It's about communication not mysticism. There's enough misunderstandings as it is because we don't have facial expressions, tone of voice or body language to give us more understanding of what is being said without people deliberately making word soup to confuse most readers.

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I understand your perspective better through these light conversations. Thank you. :) I use mysticism intentionally to weed out those who know but do not speak from those who speak but do not know. I like to promote healthy brain activity. I've found that most of those who truly know (though fewer in number) don't generally get into arguments, at least with one another because no matter the style they practice, they all agree on most things and silently fallback while the naysayers and those without enough sense to interpret the parables or whatever else (i.e. Chinese or Japanese terminology as opposed to English) tend to start the most arguments.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use mysticism intentionally to weed out those who know but do not speak from those who speak but do not know.

You are setting yourself up for a fall there, my dear, because it's not for you to decide who knows what and it's not for you to decide what is right to 'know'. Speaking in riddles is childish, and looks as if you are trying to be elitist which is surely not a humble thing to be. Present your case in plain words and allow proper discussions, you would be surprised how rewarding it is.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. :) I use mysticism intentionally to weed out those who know but do not speak from those who speak but do not know.

So those who don't have the ability or desire to understand certain parables aren't important enough to converse with? Even if they have way more experience then you? What about those who don't speak the language well enough to understand the parables? You are severely limiting the room for conversation and your own growth by arbitrarily weeding out people who may have good arguments.

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So those who don't have the ability or desire to understand certain parables aren't important enough to converse with? Even if they have way more experience then you? What about those who don't speak the language well enough to understand the parables? You are severely limiting the room for conversation and your own growth by arbitrarily weeding out people who may have good arguments.

Although your point is valid and true (I agree with what you're saying), some things in my style were not meant to be understood by everyone who practices martial art. MMGF is a closed-door family system. Some words and parables we use are intentionally aimed at those who already know (or have a good idea). It also helps me to get to know others on this forum, so I gain a better understanding of how to communicate with them and separate the truth from the untruth, since many alleged truths may be false to me. I'm new still and I don't know anyone here yet. So naturally, there is going to be some chemistry and testing procedures conducted by both sides. Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying that anyone else's truth is not true for them personally. Please don't get me mistaken. I'm just aiming my attention towards those who are on the same path as me, as I think they will have more to offer on my own personal quest for truth.

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Although your point is valid and true (I agree with what you're saying), some things in my style were not meant to be understood by everyone who practices martial art. MMGF is a closed-door family system. Some words and parables we use are intentionally aimed at those who already know (or have a good idea). It also helps me to get to know others on this forum, so I gain a better understanding of how to communicate with them and separate truth from untruth.
Again...sigh...ok.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although your point is valid and true (I agree with what you're saying), some things in my style were not meant to be understood by everyone who practices martial art. MMGF is a closed-door family system. Some words and parables we use are intentionally aimed at those who already know (or have a good idea). It also helps me to get to know others on this forum, so I gain a better understanding of how to communicate with them and separate the truth from the untruth, since many alleged truths may be false to me. I'm new still and I don't know anyone here yet. So naturally, there is going to be some chemistry and testing procedures conducted by both sides. Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying that anyone else's truth is not true for them personally. Please don't get me mistaken. I'm just aiming my attention towards those who are on the same path as me, as I think they will have more to offer on my own personal quest for truth.

So, a couple points.

First, you're not learning how to communicate with people, people are having to go out of their way to read/communicate with you.

Second, there doesn't have to be any testing procedures. The people on here that I agree with one day may be the people I disagree with the next. I certainly don't put anyone though testing procedures, and most people that I know on here don't.

Third, someone could very well be on the same path as you but not be a native english speaker (there are a couple of them on this forum, and some I think actually legitimately would be on "the same path" as you). By writing in parables, you're once again limiting yourself and the conversations you can have.

Fourth, it's better to talk to people who aren't on the same path as you, or people who have other 'truths'. It allows you to learn about different paths.

Finally, it doesn't really matter if you're on a quest for personal truth. You're on a public forum, so I would assume decency would compel you to write in a way the public understands. If you only want people who talk how you talk and agree with you, you're more than welcome to create your own private forum to do that.

I started off only intending to write one or two points, and ended up with 5. And I'm fairly certain none of them will get through to you,

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is a parable "man who rides tiger's back is into some weird kinky sex" how's that for mysticism. See the man represents...well you know...

Latest Discussions