Hey Boss

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do we still have the rep option? Can't find it any where.
Not sure if i like this look for this forum but as others have said I'll get used to it

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tshadowchaser,
At the bottom of the posts is a button looks like * that we can click to give approval or disapproval and a comments section. I hit it on your post and left a comment. Not sure where to read the comments but am thinking that like the thanks they maybe disappeared, but, will return when we leave and receive comments?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok found it thanks

found my rep posts under the settings (top left) click and res are listed there

ok still playing around trying to find all the changes

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks for the upgrade. Overall, I can get used to every change. There is only one thing that's getting on my nerves. The excessive white space is driving me nuts. Because of the profiles on the left, every post has about 3 inches of white space below the text.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Reputation continued,
You can read the rep comments on your control panal. So far the only way I have found to get your CP is thru the FAQ section. There is a link within the "How do I know what reputation I have received?" section that will take you to your CP page. I am sure that there is an easier way or will be, but I do not see/ have not yet found it.

Regards
Brian King

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm trying something different to fix a couple issues. The sidebar may or may not stay. Whitespace drives me nuts too. vB's "fix" for a bunch of issues is to revert to an older 'look' for the messages. This isn't a "win" to me so I'm continuing to dig.

The UserCP is gone, or rather renamed "Settings", at top right of the page.

Rep is that sheriffs star looking thing.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Reputation continued,
You can read the rep comments on your control panal. So far the only way I have found to get your CP is thru the FAQ section. There is a link within the "How do I know what reputation I have received?" section that will take you to your CP page. I am sure that there is an easier way or will be, but I do not see/ have not yet found it.

Regards
Brian King
Control Panel is up under "settings." It's just to the right of the profile link.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am sitting on my hands now, as not to say anything about those cartoonish icons, though they make my eyes bleed.....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feel free to grab a copy of some image editor and do us up some good martial arts based ones. :D

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, you are assuming I am talented in that perspective.... :D

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Considering that we're still only a day after the transition, I'd give it some time before deciding if you like the new layout. I'm not a fan either, but most of that's probably due to being used to the old layout for so long.

Also, happy 4th of July!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm trying to get as close to the old color scheme as I can, maybe a bit freshened here n there. Gonna take time as the "brain trust" who designed the skin system for this software decided that CSS or a simple well designed back end was too logical, so they went with a confusing style-var system that's about as intuitive as learning Latin.

Menus, options etc, I have minimal control over at the moment. I'll be adding in some of the old options. Many are still there, but moved around, and there's an annoying 'context' system at work that tries to only show what it thinks you want...which fails in my opinion.

Just to put it a bit more in perspective....I lost -all- the cool admin toys I've been using the last 5 years. Not compatible, no longer supported, no replacements exist, etc. -v- annoying. lol

But.

But.

But.

The Rep System is intact.
:D

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank Gawd!

Can you imagine the outcry if something had happened to the rep system?! :EEK: 80

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All in all, I like the new format. Especially that it works from my android!!!

I'm sure in a few weeks, the old one will look weird to us. Plus, I have been gone for almost a year, so I barely remember the old format!!!

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Getting used to it.

Forum seems a little faster now too. :D

and got another little thanks from the very sweet Granfire. :)