employer lied to me...

R

Richard S.

i worked at a lawn & garden supply, when i was interviewed i told them i wasnt looking for anything seasonal and was told not to worry it was a FULL TIME supervisory position 2 mos. into employment i start seeing a drop in scheduled hours i mean a drastic drop. and being new im on an hourly pay basis. so i ask my boss whats going on and im told (with a large amount of attitude) that its the slow time of the year and hours get cut. so now im in a bind and i just cant get past the fact that i busted my a** for these people and they lied to me. what do i do? do i have any legal footing? should i let it go and move on?.............

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Richard S.

do i have any legal footing?

Tough situation; sorry to hear about that. It certainly sounds like you were misled, but if you're in an employment at will state I imagine it doesn't matter; I am not a lawyer of course.

should i let it go and move on?.............

Probably. What would you hope to win--the right to stay at a job where you know they'd treat you like this? I doubt it's realistic to fight it for yourself (as opposed to trying to make a change for everyone).

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yea, that sucks.

Unfortunatily it is hard to make any kind of law suit like that stick, and usually it is not profitable or worth the time on the rare occasions a suit like that does stick.

I say move on, and let what goes around come around. If they are bad employers, then they will have a hard time keeping good employee's, and it may lead to their demise as a company in the long run. Usually poor business practices in one area permeates the entire company eventually.

My 2 cents. Good luck!

:cool:
Paul
Non-attorney,
employee at a law firm,
was legally insane once,
only 24 yrs of age and knows nothing

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
and WorldCom is a damned good example! I worked there for four years and saw what was coming after my first year. I tried to help make the changes from within...No one wanted to listen...:wah:

Latest Discussions