FAST Gun disarm!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Having a gun to my head and at another time one to my FACE... either way, you're going to be either pretty ballsy and take the chance and try to take the weapon away or be standing there making wee-wee in your pants and waiting for that sudden flash and millisecond of pain as the bullet enters your head and then ... well... nothing.
Basically if you're the focus then you can at least try and bugs-bunny your way out of it, essentially talking your way out of it. If not, (i.e. you're a hostage and the guy is screaming at the cops, et al) then you can make a choice to move during their distraction or just pray the cops are better at what they're about to do than you are.

Until it actually happens, all the training in the world won't reflect on just what you will actually do. Scary thing looking down the barrel of a 1911 to where you have to cross your eyes to focus on it. But do train and train dilligently. At least it'll give you a degree of confidence to "try it or die trying" anyway.

Oh by the way... all those other guys, Norris, Lee, Chan, Segal, Van Damme, etc. they all knew they were working with actors, holding props or guns with blanks. So their moves were pretty effective and varied in realism.

Latest Discussions