Elite female judo vs untrained male

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FWIW a 150lb 'guy' is almost always still an adolescent. Beyond that there are just way too many variables to give an answer.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW a 150lb 'guy' is almost always still an adolescent. Beyond that there are just way too many variables to give an answer.
Or just short/skinny. That's around where I am. Don't think anyone would look at me and think "bigger guy" though.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I have the upmost respect for Judo, once you lose the element of surprise this could be a game changer...In
a "real fight" things can get dirty very fast.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Is judo effective in a real fight? Who would win if an elite female judoka (105lb) against a bigger untrained guy (150lb) in a real fight?

not enough info to answer the question...... what is the time of day? what the weather like? in a dojo or on a small sidewalk in Sheboygan? what did each had for lunch? do they like Cheerios? What is their shoe size? and of course it all truly depends on the cosmic alignment of the planets as it applies to their zodiac sign

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If somebody told me they were an 'elite judo fighter', I'd assume they were exaggerating.

Is that slang for black belt? I can't imagine a black belt calling themselves 'Elite'. That sounds like something an orange belt who joined martial arts four months ago, regularly watches UFC/kung fu movies/youtube videos, and been in two fights back in high school would say.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or just short/skinny. That's around where I am. Don't think anyone would look at me and think "bigger guy" though.
That is why I said "almost". I know there are people who are lightweight but I think they are in the lower side of the scale for average weight.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If somebody told me they were an 'elite judo fighter', I'd assume they were exaggerating.

Is that slang for black belt? I can't imagine a black belt calling themselves 'Elite'. That sounds like something an orange belt who joined martial arts four months ago, regularly watches UFC/kung fu movies/youtube videos, and been in two fights back in high school would say.
I've taken some seminars from elite female judoka. By "elite" I mean "olympic medalists."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Sifu Mike

White Belt
Reaction score
Is judo effective in a real fight? Who would win if an elite female judoka (105lb) against a bigger untrained guy (150lb) in a real fight?
As a JKD fighter and sifu I can say that, in my opinion, it depends entirely upon the skills of the fighter, Judo or (street) fighter. Experience and heart make all the difference. Yes, other factors are at work but the trained, "elite" judo fighter has a better chance of winning.

D

Deleted member 39746

God i hate short people, you stand there like, where the love am i meant to punch, as they have free rein to IP man your groin.

I dont know if this is a serious post or not though.

OP
L

Lalulalang

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an average guy (5'8/150) who have been training in boxing for 6 months and judo for a month. I just wondering, what if I against an elite female judoka in a real fight.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an average guy (5'8/150) who have been training in boxing for 6 months and judo for a month. I just wondering, what if I against an elite female judoka in a real fight.
It's kind of a silly question. You're suggesting matching someone with no training against a world class athlete. Do you think you can out run Usain Bolt? Out drive Michael Schumacher? Out Quarterback Tom Brady?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, all other things being equal, I'll put my money on the judoka, and hope you have good heath insurance.

Latest Discussions