Elite female judo vs untrained male

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of our girls beat a judo Olympian

Anyway. Ronda Rousey vs men on a game show.

Meisha Tate vs men.

OP
L

Lalulalang

White Belt
Reaction score
It's kind of a silly question. You're suggesting matching someone with no training against a world class athlete. Do you think you can out run Usain Bolt? Out drive Michael Schumacher? Out Quarterback Tom Brady?
What if we fight with mma rule not judo rule. Most of female can't punch properly, right?

OP
L

Lalulalang

White Belt
Reaction score
Are you planning on fighting a 105lb female judoka soon? This seems oddly specific...
I'm just wondering, Sir. Most of female judoka don't train in boxing/striking. If the man can win, maybe he will fight against heavier judoka.

OP
L

Lalulalang

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, all other things being equal, I'll put my money on the judoka, and hope you have good heath insurance.
Even 105lb female judoka?

So what if the man against fatter/heavier one (for example +70kg class)? How does the fight like?

Sifu Mike

White Belt
Reaction score
God i hate short people, you stand there like, where the love am i meant to punch, as they have free rein to IP man your groin.

I dont know if this is a serious post or not though.
This site is but you, like others here, are not!
Sifu Mike

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an average guy (5'8/150) who have been training in boxing for 6 months and judo for a month. I just wondering, what if I against an elite female judoka in a real fight.

Do you think a 105 lb female world-class judoka is going to jump you in the street? Or are you planning to jump some particular judoka in the street? Why would you be fighting this 105-lb woman in a real fight?

FWIW, my money would be on the judoka.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, Sir. Most of female judoka don't train in boxing/striking. If the man can win, maybe he will fight against heavier judoka.

I think you may win if she had no striking training and your 6 months of Boxing included you sparring hard for knockouts at least 20-30 rounds during those 6 months.

I've sparred a 105ish female Judoka that was an Olympics alternate about 20+ years ago. I was trying to date her too. I was only a BJJ White belt then and I'm bigger than you. It was even because I just used all power when I was in trouble. It was grappling only b/c with striking, she'd be flatlined.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What if we fight with mma rule not judo rule. Most of female can't punch properly, right?
I think if there's one thing the UFC has taught us, it's that grappling > striking. If she gets close enough to clinch you, you can't punch her. So you'd need to punch her and knock her out while she's shooting in.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or just short/skinny. That's around where I am. Don't think anyone would look at me and think "bigger guy" though.
Same here. That's about where I should be. But I'd settle for 160. ...or 170 ....Heck I'd be happy to get back down to 180 right now!!! :confused:

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Disagree.

I think UFC has taught us both striking and grappling are equally important and in the end its about individual ability.
I think the lesson was: striker without grappling defence has less chances than grappler without striking defence.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the lesson was: striker without grappling defence has less chances than grappler without striking defence.

Still disagree.

Between a strictly pure striker and a strictly pure grappler....the one who is better at their style will probably win due to that fighter imposing their style on the other.

Latest Discussions