How effective are Soccer Kicks in fighting? Especially compared to ¨martial arts¨ style kicks?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You miss understood the point I was getting at. Some are against the kick to face and then show a video of a guy who wasn't even in the fight come out and sucker punch. Yet those who are against the kick to the face say nothing about the sucker punch.

The fact that a random guy came out of the crowd shows that there is no rules to a street fight.

You become fair game when the fight starts. You don't have to break any rules for that to happen. You make assumptions that the person beating your face in, is following any type of rule other than hurting you.

What are the rules to this street fight?

It depends on the fight.

In any event regardless of our personal opinions on the matter it is commonly believed that kicking a guy on the deck is poor form.

Which I think is OP point.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You miss understood the point I was getting at. Some are against the kick to face and then show a video of a guy who wasn't even in the fight come out and sucker punch. Yet those who are against the kick to the face say nothing about the sucker punch.

The fact that a random guy came out of the crowd shows that there is no rules to a street fight.

You become fair game when the fight starts. You don't have to break any rules for that to happen. You make assumptions that the person beating your face in, is following any type of rule other than hurting you.

It depends on the fight.

In any event regardless of our personal opinions on the matter it is commonly believed that kicking a guy on the deck is poor form.

Which I think is OP point.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it commonly believed in Europe as the OP stated? No it's not whatever is believed in Australia, it's not the same as Europe after all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As to soccer kicks; I can tell you that my best friend in high school with pro soccer and the last thing I would have wanted him to do was kick me. He was also darn accurate when kicking a soccer ball too. His younger sisters boy friend once flipped him off at about 30 feet away..... he kicked the ball, hit the guy right in the head and knocked him on his butt.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know what the videos of people kicking a guy on the deck tells me? It tells me to do all I can to keep my face from kicked like that, because there are more than enough people who don't care if it's poor form or not. It's like telling a murderer that killing people is "POOR FORM", the truth of the matter is 1. He doesn't care about what his victims think is "poor form."

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know what the videos of people kicking a guy on the deck tells me? It tells me to do all I can to keep my face from kicked like that, because there are more than enough people who don't care if it's poor form or not. It's like telling a murderer that killing people is "POOR FORM", the truth of the matter is 1. He doesn't care about what his victims think is "poor form."

I would hope i am better than a murderer. The tactics of the worst of humanity might not be my go to in a self defence. My view is training solid basics goes a lot further towards avoiding getting my head kicked off than learning to justify what is pretty reckless behavior.

Latest Discussions