CHI ? Have a look at This Clip Sifu Mooney moves subjects without touching them.

OP
T

tigerstorm

Ive met this guy and he wants money. I didnt look at the clip I dont have to I saw him teach, Ive seen him demonstrate techniques, and I know what I saw, his name should be spelt money not mooney. Whether you belive in this stuff or not, I dont believe this guy has any more chi than a brick wall.

Tigerstorm

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I see a lot of people who study Systema subscribed to this thread.

I have heard and seen video's of Vladimir's (and his instructors) doing "psychic training." Throwing someone w/o touching them was a part of this. Since this is along the same lines, could one of you systema guys elaborate on this. Is it completely fake, internal energy, a trick, or the power of suggestion.

Also, I've heard accounts of Morihiba Ueshiba (sp??), the founder of Aikido, doing astonishing feats such as throwing a person w/o actually touching them (as well as other amazing feats). There are many Aikido masters who make the claim that they are capable of such feats. Can any Aikido person answer the above? Is it completely fake, internal energy, a trick, or merely the power of suggestion?

Please elaborate.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the aikido case is a little different. I have heard of the Systema psychic energy idea and have seen videos of a big shirtless man in Russia punching people in the stomach while wandering around nonchalantly, claiming that psychic energy is being used.

OP
G

GouRonin

Psychic implies the use of a mental energy to influence the extrenal movements of another. It is somewhat misleading.

Imagine you are walking through the forest talking with a friend. You turn as you are walking to see a tree limb in front of you. You instinctivly move to avoid it. Often when you see people do this they look pretty funny as they contort their body to all sorts of weird shapes.

When many systema people do this imagine they are being the branch and forcing you to move in a way that you naturally would. However since they are using psychological techniques they are in effect using their mind on your mind to effect action on your physical movements. So really the psychic is not always what you might think.

An example might be the last time I was at Vlad's. A new guy was there and we were doing escape techniques from punches. Everytime the guy would set to throw a punch I would simply move away. He would stop throwing his punch in mid air. I asked him why. He said he knew he wouldn't hit me so he just stopped. In effect, when he wanted to punch me I made him stop by the motion of my body in a certain way. It was a psychological action that I was using.

Hope this makes sense. However there are things more into a psychic realm involved with other things that I cannot explain as of yet.

OP
P

philinoy

tigerstorm said:
Ive met this guy and he wants money. I didnt look at the clip I dont have to I saw him teach, Ive seen him demonstrate techniques, and I know what I saw, his name should be spelt money not mooney. Whether you belive in this stuff or not, I dont believe this guy has any more chi than a brick wall.

Tigerstorm
You have never met with him, or trained with him. Because if you had ever seen his martial arts skills, you'd know he was above board. The second thing: He never ever promoted LKJ or whatever as anything more than fun stuff to play with, and never to be used in real life. It was all done as a matter of psychologically manipulating opponents, and having fun with friends. period.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So you think you can knock someone out across the room???

Todd

OP
P

philinoy

spartacus said:
Ive seen him in action and it is pure psychological. He shouted at a young kid who came running at him with a knife - as he did he also waved his hand. Of course the little fella jumped. "there, you see", said RM "empty force"
You've never met him. Your post is inaccurate. Please state the place you attended his seminar, as he always had them taped, I'm sure it will be easy to see who you are.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
So you think you can knock someone out across the room???

Todd
Hi All,

I was over at SanJoseKenpo.com and a person posting as Brian B. Baxter is posting the same BS.

This person or person's, like's to do this every once in awhile. Pure bunk.

Paul calls it like it is....

Regards, Gary

OP
P

philinoy

ya know, no one who has ever talked bad about this dude has ever trained with him. period. not one person.

then you have other people who have never met him passing the same lies along.

so that means absolutley nothing. these people's opinions are lies upon lies.

I dare one person on this board to attend one of moonebeams seminars, and have their picture taken with him to prove they have met him. until then its just all lies. and those claiming otherwise... are liars.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mod. Note.
Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

Please keep the conversation on topic
Sheldon Bedell
-MT Moderator-

OP
W

wave

Hi

I know Rich Mooney quite well. I was the first person to invite him to come to the UK to show his LKJ work.

He is a great guy and a great MA. The use of LKJ has been reported very innacurately by most people. Rich is the first to say that it is not combative and is only a demo of "possibilities". IF it did work combatively it is a first try at defence. You are going to be fighting anyway regardless of whether it works or not.

Rich has had his fair share of trouble and understands what does and does not work.

As far as I am aware Rich has never stated that LKJ can be used combatively.

Regards

Russell

OP
R

RHD

paulk said:
Has any body heard of Sifu Rick Mooney?

Have a look at the link below, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the Rick Mooney Clip titled: -

Sifu Mooney moves subjects without touching them.

Have a look at this

What do you think?

What do I think?
I think that as sson as one of these no-touch guys can stop me from smashing them in the head with a baseball bat with their trick that I will start takeing them seriously. Until then it's crap and proves nothing.

Mike

kempocat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have personaly had a demonstration from Richard Mooney at his home several years ago as I am a major skeptic with an open mind
and I can tell you that I did feel a push without contact not strong enough to push me over but very real
and after a great deal of meditation and personal exsperiments I also can make you feel a mild push without contact but I find it to be a useless effort for two reasons 1. I do not feel that it has a useful place in battle 2. projecting this chi / energy / force field ect. weakens you and can be harmful unless you have a vast supply
never dismiss without investigation I personaly believe in chi and a life force and now that I can feel if mine is strong or weak I can tell you it is something you want to preserve
I will say one thing I admire sifu Mooney for sticking with what he believes
so in summery yes I believe that a person can emitt a force that can be felt by others its not magic its just how our bodys work and interreact and we just dont understand it fully
my real name is Keith Bryan feel free to contact me via PM or email

kempocat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
any person that has studyed the internal arts can tell you its something that needs to be experienced not explained

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's cool. I must be superhuman because NO ONE CAN GET THAT CRAP TO WORK ON ME.

I do say NO ONE. I have maintained this open invitation for years now, and have had a couple of respected Aikido instructors and George Dillman and other DKI people try it on me. It doesn't work. It wouldn't work with Mr. Mooney trying it on me either. There is no "Moving people with your QI." There is only mind games with willing participants. Since I am not a willing participant, it will never work on me.

Why did we revive this dead thread? :idunno:

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why did we revive this dead thread? :idunno:

I was going to ask that same question.

Possibly so I could post this link, which I'm sure everyone has seen but which bears repeating:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was going to ask that same question.

Possibly so I could post this link, which I'm sure everyone has seen but which bears repeating:

Seen it... many many times before and I was kind of hoping it would go away.

But I have to admit it is both pretty funny and very sad all at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions