BIGGER than you.. BADDER! than you

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Phadrus00 said:
*still smiling* No buddies at my back save the Grim Reaper... You may be Bigger and Badder... But maybe I'm Crazier.... Maybe I really don't have anything to loose and maybe, just maybe I ain't afraid of dancing with the devil himself and if that's true maybe you might end up coming along for the ride straight to hell...

Is that a moment of hesitation in your step....

The Wind is getting louder isn't it.......

*bow* You are too kind Dear Jenna... And if I my words do please the ear know that it is only a small addendum to your inspired Opus... Without the inspired Question, there cannot be an inspiring Answer...

Your Most Humble Servant,
Rob
Well boyo.. if you are happy to ride the train to the terminal then I am happy to pay your fare. See I have heard many say this but the look on their face at reaching the last stop belied their joy at getting there... fact I know that look well.. it always says... uh-oh I took a wrong turn.. I did not mean what I said.. take me back.. Well.. ARE you blustering? No matter.. I am coming to get what I want anyway... so if it is bravado you better have something else going for ya!

~~~~

Hey Rob ya big Poet Warrior.. you are too kind and flattering me.. now stop that and answer this question, ha! :D

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Now there are some out there who do not have to be bigger or badder they have to be just on some drig and they feel no pain. You can break their arm or hand and they will not feel it until they come down. In this case you have to use their lose of sense against them. Still hurt them but you have to also use certain control such as stepping on their head to get their attention.

Or as I recommend you just walk away and drop a dime on them and let the police with their back up handle it.

Peace
Hey Rich my dangerous friend :) Thank you very much for this and which you KNOW I listen to because you speak not from what you have read but from what you have DONE... I will ask you two simple questions.. are you PREPARED to be beat? and when for YOU Rich is discretion the better part of valour? ie when do you run and when do you stand your ground? Thank you :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
pstarr said:
My first response would be to walk away.

If that isn't going to work, then the assailant is going to get hurt...real bad. He can be bigger than me. Maybe badder (a legend in his own mind). But I'll be the one left standing when the dust settles.

Anything's fair so long as I win.
Hey P my thoughtful friend :) I am appreciative of your considered reply as I am sure you will know by now.. Can I ask of you regarding your response.. is it mere wishful thinking to say that you will be "the one left standing when the dust settles"? I mean from where are you getting the assurance to say this so ASSERTIVELY? And do you REALLY mean that ANYTHING is fair if it goes towards your eventual victory? ANYTHING? Thank you again :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
You don't exist. If I accept that you do, that means you can and will have your way with me and I've already lost against you.
Hey Ger my friend who rides the Shaolinwind :) Thank you also for taking time to put together your reply.. I would very much like to ask a question of you.. are you of the opinion that NO ONE is both bigger and badder than you are? Or are you saying yes this person exists somewhere but you are not prepared to acknowledge those particular facts about them? If so.. is there any truth in saying this is a mind game you are playing with just yourself?

I mean.. yes you are absolutely correct in that if you have a submissive demeanour then that will be apparent to your opponent.. but at the same time is it not preferable to at least acknowledge that there ARE superior to us (and we can just front the rest), no?

Thank you again my friend I am interested in your reply :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
1. Absolutely yes. The story of my life, especially early on.
2. Hopefully smarts. But, POSSIBLY------ NOTHING!
3. Maybe just give it, but, probably--Fight. Some you win. Some you lose.
Hey Hand Sword-san :) yes my friend as ever though your replies are laconic.. your eyes are open wide :) I know you do not reply or anything but fwiw.. good job..

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Big people know they are bigger...just like big dogs know they are big....

so if you can only reach the knees? ....step the toes and hook punch the knee on the side...let them fall...run like hell! ........Aloha

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Adept said:
Thankfully I've never yet encountered anyone bigger and badder than all of us put together, and I tend to avoid situations where I'm likely to be involved in non-work related violence.
Hey Adept my friend :) yes you make a good point here which no one had picked up on before you and that is of superiority through numbers.. it is obvious why we train as sole practitioners in our arts.. but yes absolutely where we have support on our Saturday nights it should be brought to bear as the game-ender rather than seeing us making any attempt to be a Bruce Willis Die Hard "heroic".. Thank you for making this well-observed point :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MartialIntent said:
3. If greater cognition is my only advantage, I'll need to play the speed-chess game. First things first. If I've got the chance to exit, them I'm gone and you can fight the thin air. But if you've got me in a room or somewhere with no exit then I think it'll be a quick game. I'm not gonna stand around and let you throw punches or try grabs on me because if you're the better physical fighter, there's a chance you'll take me. I'll stay out of your circle but you need to be *very* careful not to leave any opening. And I suspect your complacency will lead you to do just that. We'll see.

Thanks for this thread J - intelligent and provoking as usual!

Respects!
Hey MI my special Aikido friend :) you are by-the-book absolutely and leave me with little to query you on.. Ahh you play chess also.. this is good and I will challenge to a game anytime!! Well though your answers are cogent as ever I will fire a question at you as I am interested in your view and maybe you can tell me at what point in the confrontation.. the "room" scenario you describe.. at what point do you MOVE against this bigger and badder opponent.. If this really WERE the Universal Soldier.. besides the fact that your irish accent is nicer than Van Dammes or Lundgrens ha! what would you do bout exactly such a bigger and badder opponent?? Ahh have I put you into a corner?? Ha! but only cos I know you are good for it.. :D

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Drac said:
A: Experience in dealing with many such as you..The Physical Skills and the proper mind set, it a cop thing...
Hey there mister Drac :) Ahh but you are Officer Drac or Captain Drac maybe? Wow and you are a true blue cop and this is REAL WORLD absolutely and of course I would want to ask you a LOT of questions bout that but I do not know if I am allowed to do that? so I will only ask rhetorically.. I wonder what exactly that "mindset" has to be for dealing with someone who plainly has the intent to do harm and has little thought for the consequences to themselves or anyone else .. and I hope you would confirm for me that there are individuals like this as I think someone made the point earlier that such people with lacking moral ethic and proper sense of guile DO NOT even exist.. even in my own experience I KNOW there are such folk walking around freely..

Anyway.. I am sorry if I break protocols by asking you this and if you are not inclined to reply then thank you again and I am VERY appreciative of what you and your counterparts over here in London do for real every day for the likes of me..

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
elder999 said:
Haven't ever met you, though I've met a few that thought they were you-they were wrong.

You and your friends are the reason why I carry a gun.
You acknowledge I exist then. And you believe I will give you plenty of advance notice to draw your gun and use it on me.

~~~

Thank you for this my erudite friend :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kacey said:
There is always someone out there who is bigger, faster, stronger, more skilled, better trained, etc. The trick is to be smarter, more careful, and to not be alone if at all possible.

The first rule of self-defense: don't get into a situation where you need to defend yourself. The second rule: run like the wind. Corollary to the second rule: if someone grabs you and you can't run, do whatever you need to do to make the person let go; see second rule.

The only rule of street-fighting: do it first, do it fast, and do it dirty. This is a concept that is not always appropriately addressed in martial arts classes: you cannot win a street fight using tournament rules.
Hey Kacey my eternally lucid friend :) thank you for this! And I very much like your "rules" of self-defence and though I would NEVER blame anyone for falling foul of the first rule as often it is not lack of awareness but deliberate stealth of an aggressor that causes someone to fall foul of the first rule.. but yes you have the second rule in place also and which is particularly pertinent to our martial skills..

And yes I wholly agree with your take on street-fighting which is perversely glorified in certain circles and you have knocked the nail in with one blow when you say that the required aggression is a study NOT generally broached sufficiently in martial arts classes which follow normal patterns.. thank you for raising this issue and what I wonder could be done to redress this imbalance where we concentrate on flowing techniques but not on the mindset needed to apply them for real?? :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
So have at you then, by Krom. And you better bring your best, because I am. And you better be good, because I will be. Right up to the moment my spirit returns to the gods for judgement, and I join my fathers in the sky.
I seldom meet a fighter having such a good match to my own misanthropic mind.. but remember though we are both prepared to go to the wire (and beyond) I am still bigger and I may be better from experience and moreover I WANT something you have and I WANT it bad enough to come get it off you.... and I wonder do you like a little Ace of Spades.. ya know..Lemmy and the boys? .. win some lose some its all the same to me? Are you the sort of gambler to see the odds against you and take the bet anyway.. I might be a street-hacker a brawler and a criminal of every colour and persuasion but I am not stupid.. and there is a chance that your very attitude qualifies YOU as badder than me BUT it is easy to say these words and I am STILL coming for you.. I hope for your sake you have something in your tank otherwise those words gon be your epitaph..

~~~~~

Hey D my esoteric friend :) wow! all this is good stuff.. if you are for real.. and why should I doubt.. then you is one bad mofo.. :) remember.. Jenna is my friend.. say it!! Jenna is my friend... again, ha! :D

Be good for me :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do.. Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral. And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands.. as has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind..

Q: Are you willing to accept that I .. someone both bigger AND badder than you.. that I can exist?
Q: If I exist.. what advantage can you POSSIBLY have over me?
Q: If you have advantage over me then how will you use it? as I am telling you right here I want to take something from you that I do not think you want to give.. What are you gonna do bout it?

~~

Hello all my sharp-edged friends :) nope any of you who know me will know I ain't bigger nor badder than any of y'all bad boys and gals but I pose these questions of any of you who may be looking in after reading some pretty nasty stuff in the paper this morning.. there are some mean folk out there doing just whatever comes to their perniciously perverted minds and I wonder.. are YOU ready for bigger and badder than you? I am very interested to know your approach to the bigger and badder... thank you.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

I would say...you probably never met me than...Rambo syndrome...:)

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bigger? Badder? Than you?

What can you do but not play fair? I mean if he is bigger and badder than you, AND can fight....

What choices do you have but to hit him in the testicles? Bite his ears off?

Pick up a stick and beat him with it. Stab him! If it comes to it! Throw dirt into his eyes! A brick! Who knows?!

Obviously he is not coming at you fair by being bigger and badder than you. So you have no guilt if you beat him "unfair". Besides, on the street "unfair" IS FAIR.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ric Flair said:
Bigger? Badder? Than you?

What can you do but not play fair? I mean if he is bigger and badder than you, AND can fight....

What choices do you have but to hit him in the testicles? Bite his ears off?

Pick up a stick and beat him with it. Stab him! If it comes to it! Throw dirt into his eyes! A brick! Who knows?!

Obviously he is not coming at you fair by being bigger and badder than you. So you have no guilt if you beat him "unfair". Besides, on the street "unfair" IS FAIR.

Except for the stabbing thing thats all the school yard stuff... The real fun is when the Big-Bad-Wolf meets one of those grizzled old guys who ahve been there done that so many times I they don't need to T-shirt. Then bigger and badder gets you turned in an example, and being an example is worst then being a victem...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Hey Rich my dangerous friend :) Thank you very much for this and which you KNOW I listen to because you speak not from what you have read but from what you have DONE... I will ask you two simple questions.. are you PREPARED to be beat? and when for YOU Rich is discretion the better part of valour? ie when do you run and when do you stand your ground? Thank you :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

If it is just me. I run.

If the bigger badder person is beating someone smaller with no chance at all, I stand and try to distract to give them a chance to get away. (* Did this in San Diego once, so not just local stuff for me *)

Am I ready to be beat?

Nope! I have been hit so hard that my eye looked into my nose. I knew if I gave up they would kill me. I closed my eye and kept fighting. I ended up on the ground in a door way where one tried to jump on top me. I was able to use my legs to keep him off and still jab with the other leg. After I survived a while, those in fear as two other "BIG" guys had been taken out with one punch each, the crowd turned on the multiple attackers. Some ran for the police while others started hitting them with what they could grab. Some could say I was lucky, but I think it is because I did not give up.

I have faced and looked down the wrong end of a gun. I gave the guy my wallet. Another time I used the gun wielder's buddy as a body shield. They went to theri vehicles and as they were leaving they stopped to posture again. The one packing asked me if I was ready to die then. Before he could clear his arm, I charged the vehicle he was in. The driver was not ready to get the truck damaged and took off. Note: I went for the back of the cab on the passenger side so it made it harder for the right handed person to turn and point at me.

If I have those with me, I use what I can to get away, even if I have to stay to give them time to get away or get a vehicle started and moving. I was never so pissed as one date who wanted to see me in action and would not leave. (* Last Date it was *)

Note: Most of that was years ago, so this is based upon what I did then. I have more to loose on paper now, but the issue is I do not have the wind or strength I did when I was 20 years younger. So, I have plans now to ended it even faster.

I remember a time when some people were mouthing off and this guy came up with his hand behind his back. I assumed it was a gun so I was under cover behind a vehicle. Once I realized it was only a tire iron, I laughed and was able to handle the situation with no one getting hurt.

I also remember a time when a small guy picked the fight with the bigger and badder guys in the place. They came over and wanted to take us all on. I stood up and said just a few minutes before you kick my butt. What happened. I got the story real quick. this guy was a friend of a friend os someone I knew. So, I grabbed him by the ear and stood him up where i he reached for my hand and I did some finger locks on him. I got him in a nice lock and on his knees and asked the guys if they could wait to kick my butt until I was done with kicking this guys butt. They smiled and laughed and walked away. I then proceeded to cause this guy pain all night long. When not in physical pain, I would make sure he had not shot with a woman. In the end he told me I was an ******* and I said yes. But I was honest about being it while he was a little one who I did not like. I told his friends that I would not be out with them again.

So, I have no problem walking away.

I have no problem giving someone my wallet.

I have no problem letting them call me names as long as I have a safe way out.

Threaten those with me who are not able to protect themselves and it all depends upon the situation.

Sorry no real cut and dry. But once I begin it ends with him quitting, or unable to fight or others breaking it up, or I loose and am unable to continue.

**** Sorry for the ramble ****

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Reminds me of the emblem of the Da-Dao Tui (Big Sword Unit) of the Chinese Army during WWII- Translated, it said (roughly):

"When we run out of ammunition we swing our rifles,
When your rifles break, we use our swords,
When our swords break we use our hands,
When our hands break, we bite."

:tank:

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Hey MI my special Aikido friend :) you are by-the-book absolutely and leave me with little to query you on.. Ahh you play chess also.. this is good and I will challenge to a game anytime!! Well though your answers are cogent as ever I will fire a question at you as I am interested in your view and maybe you can tell me at what point in the confrontation.. the "room" scenario you describe.. at what point do you MOVE against this bigger and badder opponent.. If this really WERE the Universal Soldier.. besides the fact that your irish accent is nicer than Van Dammes or Lundgrens ha! what would you do bout exactly such a bigger and badder opponent?? Ahh have I put you into a corner?? Ha! but only cos I know you are good for it.. :D

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna
Jenna, hehe, you're a class act all the way! How would I deal with the Universal Soldier? Er... Let me see, running's no good, he'd only chase me down; direct attack would probably leave me with one arm less. Tricky. Maybe I'd challenge him to ultimate-stakes chess and hope he'd not been programmed for it, hehe.

Seriously, to the question: when does one move against such an opponent? Well first of all, if you're pinned in a room, in a corner, against a wall, that's a fairly clear indication that his intentions are *not* in your favour. From right there you will want to be ready to go. And at that point, *as soon as* he even attempts to move you will want to be connect so fast you can even capture the momentum in his *intent* - you know the drill! And you know yourself Jenna, it doesn't matter how big he is: all joints no matter how frail and sinuous or layered in muscle, are mechanically identical and all bodies have their own center of gravity outside of which there's no balance. I know you know this and so I'm contemplating whether you're asking me something else? I mean, the fact of his overwhelming size or malicious intent is pertinent certainly but shouldn't affect your response. As has been said very eloquently already, if you're focussed on these intangible aspects you may miss your physical cue. So he's big, so what: he'll make a louder crunch on impact with the concrete; so he's got some crazed intent, but that's irrelevant if he can't actually get *at* you, you know all this Jenna - I think you're toying with me, hehe.

The only other factors are the unforseen; the spanners in the works. And these are what the mindful practitioners such as you and your own folk train "outside the box" for - the fact that off the mats, things aren't nearly as clean and textbook-like as on them. Folk wear jewelry, watches and rings so there are fewer clean grabs, shoes are harder to spin around in than conditioned bare feet, there are no tables, chairs, kerbs and obstacles on the mats etc. etc. but all these can be turned to advantage as Rich Parsons has said - I know all too well of a case whereby an aggressor was put down hard using his own curb necklace [yellow metal, I wouldn't say gold, hehe]. That being yet another case of application of the fabled lateral thinking and adaptability, I guess.

Go on, ask me another, hehe.

Respects!

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
All this talk about the Big-Bad aggressor has ignored one fact, the law of agression (my essay in another forum). They have to attack and mostly its a matter of fear, the fear of being procieved as weak. You have already won before you are ever attacked, you are a target simply because if they attack you then they are not the victem anymore.
The thing is, these types of people are "mad dogs" that need to be put down. If you win the assault they will keep coming back until you lose, or worse yet come at you from behind with a baseball bat or out of a dark corner with a shot gun. What you are discribing is a demented sadist with some self-esteem issues. The Legal stuff and society's views aside, these people don't need a hug they need 12 gauge between the eyes. In the street, someone like this will be made into an example, they will be crippled up so badly they can not retaliate and maimed to the point they will serve as a warning to others. There are always the guys out there who will attack to prove themselves, and unfortuantely martial artists are magor targets for these people, and there are quite a few men and women who have fought their way up from the streets who will gut these Big-Bad types in a shopping mall at high noon just so any others who think going after their family will think twice.

Latest Discussions