BIGGER than you.. BADDER! than you

casper12

White Belt
Reaction score
yes, theres always gonna be someone bigger and badder. our training teaches us how to not panic and maintain under every situation. always remember its mind over matter. i dont mean to get big headed but what u see the situation as in ur mind is what it is in reality. remember the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Devin

White Belt
Reaction score
"Q: If I exist.. what advantage can you POSSIBLY have over me?"
I have the stronger will to win, and while I will not have more fighting experience, I have many hours of training that you probably don't.

And...

I can run faster scared than you can angry. ;)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As one of my instructors once said; "You can't trade punches with someone twice your size". Of course there are those you can't "fight" successfully, but Self-Defence is about FAR, FAR more than fighting. Avoidance first, Escape second, or, failing that, quick strikes to vulnerable areas is the key.

There are people without a day of training who could take my head off - and I began martial arts training in 1972 at the age of 5. However; I don't rely upon my ability to "slug it out" with neanderthals. My mind is my greatest weapon - followed by a sidekick to the shin or knees and a palm-heel strike...

Of all the RBSD folks out there, Geoff Thompson seems, IMO, to have the best information on this scenario.

Latest Discussions