BIGGER than you.. BADDER! than you

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do.. Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral. And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands.. as has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind..

Q: Are you willing to accept that I .. someone both bigger AND badder than you.. that I can exist?
Q: If I exist.. what advantage can you POSSIBLY have over me?
Q: If you have advantage over me then how will you use it? as I am telling you right here I want to take something from you that I do not think you want to give.. What are you gonna do bout it?

~~

Hello all my sharp-edged friends :) nope any of you who know me will know I ain't bigger nor badder than any of y'all bad boys and gals but I pose these questions of any of you who may be looking in after reading some pretty nasty stuff in the paper this morning.. there are some mean folk out there doing just whatever comes to their perniciously perverted minds and I wonder.. are YOU ready for bigger and badder than you? I am very interested to know your approach to the bigger and badder... thank you.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great thread Jenna!!:ultracool

I'll go ahead and bite first.

Q: Are you willing to accept that I .. someone both bigger AND badder than you.. that I can exist?

Absolutely! This is something that any that is involved in the arts should realize. If they're not seeing this, then IMHO, they'll be in for a very rude awakening.

I think that we should all realize that just because we train, that training will not turn us into Supermen and Superwomen. Our training is only as good as we make it. Are we gearing our training for the worst case scenario? I think that we should always strive to make our training as alive as possible.

However, our opponent, unless they're from another planet is going to have the same features...2 arms, 2 legs and a head...as we are. I think that taking advantage of the best places to hit would be a good start. If the person is that big and strong, I think that an overwhelming offense on our part would be the best way to go.

Q: If you have advantage over me then how will you use it? as I am telling you right here I want to take something from you that I do not think you want to give.. What are you gonna do bout it?

As I said above, I think that an aggressive approach on our part would be a good way to go. Being taller than someone would allow us to use our reach to our advantage. IMO, I think its best to use our strengths and take advantage of their weak spots.

Mike

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jenna said:

Yes, to a certain extent. I wouldn't let the fact that this person exists inhibit me from trying to be all I could be.

Anything, but I attempt to make them as small as possible by striving to my peak.

Use my advantage to prevent you from taking what is not yours.

Jenna - IMHO this thread addresses exactly why one would weight train, even if they are an aikidoka. People are not born equal, but this does not mean that you can't work to minimize those inequalities by striving towards your own excellence.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:

Oh, you absolutley exisit, but I realize that about you...

The advantage, is that while you think you are the Big bad wolf, and I am a lowly sheep... the truth is, I am a wolf too, hidden in the flock in sheep's clothing, and your arrogance as a wolf keeps you from seeing my teeth and claws until I use them on you...

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Oh certainly. There are MANY.

Jenna said:
Patience, kindness, and the element of surprise.

Jenna said:
Wait for the attack. It will come, your arrogance and over-confidence tells me that it will happen, how it will happen and from what direction, I only have to patiently wait. Then do what I must do to protect what I value most as the situation unfolds. This way whatever vicious thing I do will come as a complete surprise, damaging your will, spirit, and body.

ChrisWTK

Green Belt
Reaction score

Most Defiently. I'm small and not aggressive so this can apply to almost everyone else.

I'm smart and can think quickly, I can analyze the situation, my oppenent and I can utilize my surroundings to my advantage.

Do whatever it takes to get away and stay alive. I wouldn't even try any hand to hand combat with someone like that unless forced to. I'm assuming if he's not close enough to hit me then I have room to run away. I would use mostly jujitsus to get out of a grab, possibly then I might use a kick or something to take out the knees so I can have an advantage when running away.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow y'all! thank you for these excellent replies and I am truly grateful that you have given this thought.. and I will say I asked this question particularly because I see sometimes a little complacency in some of my contemporaries and have said so.. that their subconscious tells them .. there is NOBODY bigger or badder than I.. I am fourth degree this and master that and it is an attitude (even unspoken and subconscious) that I am concerned when I see manifested even in training scenarios or casual talk and I do absolutely what I can even if it is only to plant a seed to expunge it especially from those I care bout.. and anyway

yes you are all correct to realise that size and strength and how BAD a person is by extrapolation of how far they are prepared to go.. well you are correct to realise that this is not the last word in what will happen in any confrontation.. EVERYONE has some advantage.. absolutely and without exception.. Mike said that aggressors have "2 arms, 2 legs and a head...as we are" and thus to quote Arnie.. If it bleeds.. we can kill it! Upnorth would gain an upperhand via skill (and you are naughty my friend for mentioning THAT other thread but it is ok I hear what you are saying) and TechnoPunk I like this.. using the aggressors arrogance and the fact that they totally missed that their "victim" is actually a wolf at the door themselves.. yes I like that a lot kudos! .. and Bigshadow going for the intellectual approach and this is very clever my friend I was hoping someone would pick up that we do not always have to meet force with equal and opposite and possibly this is where I might be AT also though claiming no intellectual superiority over any aggressor (he could likewise be that wolf at the door begging me to ASSUME) but yes I like kindness towards an aggressor.. this is a VERY enlightened view my friend and though many would say naive.. foolish even.. this is like an extra blade for you when perhaps your other blades are all broke off at the hilt in the flesh of your aggressor... and Chris.. yes small and not aggressive well I can relate to that maybe and yes as I say there is not always the compunction to meet an aggressor head on and in fact for the likes of you and I this is maybe not the wisest of notions.. better to look around a little for the gate rather than try to bust through the wall.. But it is good to maybe feel you can bust through the wall if ya get fed up seeking the gate.. that too!! ha!

Yes thank you all for your careful replies.. I shall go away and consider them.. ahh knowledge I am greedy for it..

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:

So your bigger than me...

Jenna said:

Aside for the obivious training and all, there is the fact that I refuse to see you as below me to boost my own inaiquate ego, I also know the streets and was raised on the exact same "battle field" you are attempting to fight me on. I know every dirty trick you've learned and probily several you don't and I use everyone of them...

Jenna said:

I'm too stupid to give and walk away, pain has no effect on what will fight for. Simply put thee one thing I won't part with, my girl friend and my sense of honor, I will die to keep safe. Can you say the same?

I figure I'd offer a different approach, (1) the concept of command presence; maintaining control regardless of situation and (2) the fact I've been there and done that from both sides of the fence. Forget martial arts I'm here for the street fight menality...

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dark said:
I'm too stupid to give and walk away, pain has no effect on what will fight for. Simply put thee one thing I won't part with, my girl friend and my sense of honor, I will die to keep safe. Can you say the same?

I figure I'd offer a different approach, (1) the concept of command presence; maintaining control regardless of situation and (2) the fact I've been there and done that from both sides of the fence. Forget martial arts I'm here for the street fight menality...
Hey mister Dark :) wow! thank you for this reply which interests me especially since you are as you say "here for the street fight mentality".. can I ask the VERY FIRST question to you AGAIN in light of what you posted.. Thank you:)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Imagine... hypothetically speaking..

I am saying I am BIGGER than you and I am BADDER than you... do you acknowledege my existence as someone who is both physically bigger and stronger AND also has less concern for himself and concern for others that you have... do you acknowledge that (somewhere) I exist?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Jenna said:

There is always going to be someone, bigger, badder, faster, tougher, stronger, more skilled, smarter, luckier, etc.

But on any given day you to can be that person, it is really not that big a deal.

Jenna said:

It does not matter to me that you are.

Jenna said:

You are already counting on “my fear” to be to your advantage, and I am not afraid of you.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Oh, you absolutley exisit, but I realize that about you...

The advantage, is that while you think you are the Big bad wolf, and I am a lowly sheep... the truth is, I am a wolf too, hidden in the flock in sheep's clothing, and your arrogance as a wolf keeps you from seeing my teeth and claws until I use them on you...

Nice and a very appropriate way to view yourself! (wolf or sheep dog)
Use their arrogance and confidence against them then surprise the tables will be turned.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of my greatest victories have come against those that were bigger and badder than me but their downfall was that they underestimated me and I decided to go in with equal or greater intensity after learning their weaknesses.

Yes, that is the scariest situation to me, it is not a specific technique: it is someone who does not care. That is sad, but also a force to be reckoned with and a reality.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You will never even notice me to think of me as a target because I slip by without attracting attention. But because of your blustering, I notice you, and I know that I need to tread carefully when you are around because you are dangerous and unpredictable in your stupidity. But in your arrogance, you fail to realize that you should also tread carefully around me.

While I will always back away if you try to confront me, if you push me into a corner I will become the mother bear protecting her cubs. You may win, but you will be mauled and your body will no longer work the way it use to.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Hey mister Dark :) wow! thank you for this reply which interests me especially since you are as you say "here for the street fight mentality".. can I ask the VERY FIRST question to you AGAIN in light of what you posted.. Thank you:)

Streetfighting is about two things pain and fear; if I cause enough pain and do enough damage you will fear me. Does that mean I'll win, probiblt not but I will make you think twice next time and hopefully question yourself as to whether you really won or if we both just lost...

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jenna said:
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do.. Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral. And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands.. as has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind..

Jenna

The suppositions in this thread are difficult for me to take at face value.

I believe most people see most other people more like themselves, than unlike themselves. Whether we admit it or not, we project ourselves on to others. Because I am not likely to take action that has 'no consequence' against you, it is difficult for me to believe that you, as big as you are, are able to take an action that has no consequence. This subjective view of the world is one of the things that keeps the world as safe as it is.

I will give credence to the argument, society today is especially geared toward fanning the flames of fear ... whether on the Nightly News, or the Lifetime Channel ... we are all told, every day to be afraid.

I will also posit that there are a very few, rare number of people, who indeed have no morality, and no conscience. My biggest advantange in dealing with those individuals is how few in number they are. It is quite likely I will pass through my entire life without every intersecting with such a sociopath ... and if I did intersect with this person, it will probably be outside of any incident of sociopathic behavior.

So, for your first two questions ... the possibility of a threat occurance happening is so low, that it is almost insignificant ... but, let us assume that I do intersect on your third question with a threat.

Because I train, and am in moderately competent physical condition, I believe I am able to 'run away'.

Let us continue your thought experiment further ... and presuppose that I can not, effectively, remove myself from the threat. I have learned a few items that might, possibily, provide me a way to distract the threat long enough to effectively remove myself.

Pain is a powerful motivator. Pain prevents other thoughts from processing correctly. So, in the event of being in an inescapable threat situation, I would work on two things 1) preventing you from inflicting pain on me, and 2) inflicting pain on you.

Any action that I can take, beyond a 'short, sharp, shock', is strictly bonus.

There are probably some more thoughts running around my brain, but for the moment, I think these are pretty accurate.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
I believe most people see most other people more like themselves, than unlike themselves. Whether we admit it or not, we project ourselves on to others.

I dunno man...

In traffic... YOU know how to drive, the other guy is an idiot... (but when you screw up its an honest mistake) You know what you are doing, your boss/coworker/competitor is stupid... the rules are for the other guy, you are the exception (ask anyone who worked retail returns about this one)

I think most people have more arrogance, and believe themselves above others, as opposed to considering themselves on the same field... And I think this is the mindset anyone with an agressive attitude is likley to have.

Iv'e heard these guys in bars talking too... "So I kicked the crap out of the dude, and the little **** called the cops... what a (insert reference to cat here) now I gotta go to court"

I'd take that to mean that the guy really felt his actions were justfied, and the other guy was wrong for using the system...

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I think most people have more arrogance, and believe themselves above others, as opposed to considering themselves on the same field... And I think this is the mindset anyone with an agressive attitude is likley to have.
Hey Technopunk my observant friend :) absolutely! I could not agree more with you.. I can only guess you and I have had similar experiences and I think it is likely our perception of the "norm" can only ever be tempered by OUR OWN experiences. I would truly like to believe everyone had an egalitarian mindset but alas... not in my little world...

Thanks for this!

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dark said:
Streetfighting is about two things pain and fear; if I cause enough pain and do enough damage you will fear me. Does that mean I'll win, probiblt not but I will make you think twice next time and hopefully question yourself as to whether you really won or if we both just lost...
Thank you for your follow-up :) so am I paraphrasing you correctly when I say there is possibly SOMEONE out there who has the makings of you mister Dark? If so.. what would you do if you met them under "unfavourable" circumstances? ie. they want to take something from you which you do not want to give?? DO you stand and fight even though you admit to yourself they are likely bigger AND badder than you? What would you do in this situation?

Thank you :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
You are already counting on “my fear” to be to your advantage, and I am not afraid of you.
Hello mister Xue Sheng :) thank you for your valuable insight and if I might ask a further question on this remark above..

What happens if I actually have no mind or care whatsoever for how you view me? What happens if I just KNOW I am bigger and badder than you and you ..or your family has.. something I WANT. You say you are not afraid of me.. ok. But what are you gonna do as I come get what it is I want..?
I appreciate the hypothetical nature of this question but.. thank you in advance... :)

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
But in your arrogance, you fail to realize that you should also tread carefully around me.
Some say I am arrogant. Maybe I am. Maybe I am arrogant because I have never been beaten though I have plenty lacerations on my knuckles forehead shins elbows.. all scars.. all lovely memories .. Yeah I spose it IS a thrill to me to put somones lights out.. To put YOUR lights out.. Yep this is maybe where my arrogance comes from.. But oh! let me listen.. a little voice from WAY down there.. ahh it is you.. you are not trying to tell me YOU are the one gonna take my arrogance away?

~~~

Thanks Michael for your reply :) I like your thinking! a LOT! But then I am always a sucker for wit and subtlety when it comes to the arts :) I appreciate your reply.. this dude is really askin for it, ha!

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Latest Discussions