how confident are you in your art ?

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is not a simple question, IMHO. Most everybody is larger, stronger (but likely not as fast) than I am. I will not fight and will not "defend" myself as long as I know what's about to happen and see that it's immanent. Without getting into details I'll say that I can't physically get around that well any longer. I have learned to be a "dirty" fighter and to not wait until the attack is initiated; I want to be the one who is sneaky and inflicts damage that stops any chance of further conflict. I also am armed with a cane when I leave the house and also carry at least one knife. I've been disabled for well over a decade and can't afford to take any chances. But that's just my situation and everyone must adapt to their physical situation in such instances.
i carry a telescopic baton a compact one when i go running at night. I can use my fists but if you´re against a blade all the dojo crap goes out the window. Even a moron can stab someone. I recommend this company where i got mine.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i carry a telescopic baton a compact one when i go running at night. I can use my fists but if you´re against a blade all the dojo crap goes out the window. Even a moron can stab someone. I recommend this company where i got mine.
In a lot of areas, those will be illegal for personal carry.

Latest Discussions