BIGGER than you.. BADDER! than you

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
you know what? I just realized - Nobody offerd to buy the man a meal and just talk it out. Maybe he's just missunderstood and needs a good friend to leand an ear...:idunno:
I'd probably be the first one to do that if I perceived that is really the base of the guy's problem... and I'd like to think of myself as a very perceptive person... but if he's coming off to me (or mine) with an attitude of the biggest and baddest... I'm not having anything to do with him.
I've made friends with big bad bikers before (through AA) but because they were docile and acting civilized around everybody. A guy throwing his weight around acting like he has bigger cojones than everyone else, has no place in my "circle" private or publically.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
I'd probably be the first one to do that if I perceived that is really the base of the guy's problem... and I'd like to think of myself as a very perceptive person... but if he's coming off to me (or mine) with an attitude of the biggest and baddest... I'm not having anything to do with him.
I've made friends with big bad bikers before (through AA) but because they were docile and acting civilized around everybody. A guy throwing his weight around acting like he has bigger cojones than everyone else, has no place in my "circle" private or publically.

No he just needs tough love, basically beat him into submission and kindly explain where he went wrong :whip: The "Bad Dog" approach, it that doesn't work when he comes back and generally will, you beat him worse then before and call the cops, again...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
YEP!
icon14.gif

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:

Actually, as a biker I have to tell you, these types of guys wouldn't last long around bikers - they don't put up with that ****. Most big bad bikers are pretty damn secure in themselves and not looking to make trouble - like the ones you met - so they don't want that acting type of guy around.

For example, just last weekend a guy got very violent in a bar that a biker I know was hanging out at. The guy was warned several times to chill out,untill finally they had to throw him out. The guy grabbed an icepick off the bar and stabbed my friend through the hand. My friend tied him up and beat him right into the hospital - surgery on his destroyed elbow.

The kind of guy in this thread would never make it as a biker. :)

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It goes with that old saying "if you say your a bad ***, you aren't..."

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
Actually, as a biker I have to tell you, these types of guys wouldn't last long around bikers - they don't put up with that ****. Most big bad bikers are pretty damn secure in themselves and not looking to make trouble - like the ones you met - so they don't want that acting type of guy around.

For example, just last weekend a guy got very violent in a bar that a biker I know was hanging out at. The guy was warned several times to chill out,untill finally they had to throw him out. The guy grabbed an icepick off the bar and stabbed my friend through the hand. My friend tied him up and beat him right into the hospital - surgery on his destroyed elbow.

The kind of guy in this thread would never make it as a biker. :)

So you've never known a reformed biker? One that decided that kind of life-style was just too much, that it was going to kill him someday? What about BACA? Or the 12th Chapters (based in Dallas)? You want to tell them that they're a bunch saps, that only pretended to get the tattoos and heavy harleys and just dress the talk instead of ever having walked the walk.

I'm not trying to challenge you, but I have and do know these guys.
Something got into their heads (or their hearts) to straighten up and live clean or lie six feet under (if they were lucky not to be rotting behind some sand-dune just off Hwy. 50 or some other lonely place like that).
These guys realized (like I did) that death was our only answer if we didn't quit living the way we were. I was never a biker, but I hung around with enough of them to know what I do know. People that I hang out with now are 180 degrees from the types that I used to "play-with".

But the ones that turned around became good friends, but they're no less tough just because they don't pour alcohol or crap into their systems anymore. They don't hang out where they used or the people, because they know they're only a drink or a tab away from going right back where they were before (same goes for me). They've only "gone soft" on the inside. On the outside you wouldn't know the difference except for the patches on the back of their jackets and vests. They're good men (and women), one and all and I respect them all the more because I went through the same thing. The toughest thing this side of hell; getting clean and sober. And if you ask me that just made them tougher and harder men and women than they ever were before.

Peace :asian:

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark said:
It goes with that old saying "if you say your a bad ***, you aren't..."
Though I haven't heard that as an adage, I know what you mean. I'd have to say however, where I'm from at least, that I've encountered some folk who did indeed claim to be badass mofos and did indeed have the intent and the remorselessness to do all kinds of things that only "true" badasses would.

Of course there are also an increasing number of "secret" knife carriers carrying for offense not defense who I'd definitely class under the above "saying" but the only point I'm making is that there are perhaps exceptions to this.

Respects!

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Most guys who advertise the "bad *** image" are trying to establish dominance, like a pack of dogs. That doesn't say they wont do scary stuff to people, but there are just some people you don't want to tangle with.

Example:
From my younger days I was wittness to a group of so called "tough guys" trying to establish there dominance but basically bully people around. I also watched a real "bad ***" draw a knife stab two of the three and calmly carry his groceries to his car and drive away like nothing happened.

My definition of a bad *** may be different then yours, I don't know. But in a nut shell if you have (a) talk trash or (b) use violence to establish dominance you are not a bad ***. I define a bad *** as a person who will calmly and methodically harm you without need to prove themselves to others in a mock social order.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dark said:
<snip> I define a bad *** as a person who will calmly and methodically harm you without need to prove themselves to others in a mock social order.
Good definition.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
So you've never known a reformed biker? One that decided that kind of life-style was just too much, that it was going to kill him someday? What about BACA? Or the 12th Chapters (based in Dallas)? You want to tell them that they're a bunch saps, that only pretended to get the tattoos and heavy harleys and just dress the talk instead of ever having walked the walk.

I'm not trying to challenge you, but I have and do know these guys.
Something got into their heads (or their hearts) to straighten up and live clean or lie six feet under (if they were lucky not to be rotting behind some sand-dune just off Hwy. 50 or some other lonely place like that).
These guys realized (like I did) that death was our only answer if we didn't quit living the way we were. I was never a biker, but I hung around with enough of them to know what I do know. People that I hang out with now are 180 degrees from the types that I used to "play-with".

But the ones that turned around became good friends, but they're no less tough just because they don't pour alcohol or crap into their systems anymore. They don't hang out where they used or the people, because they know they're only a drink or a tab away from going right back where they were before (same goes for me). They've only "gone soft" on the inside. On the outside you wouldn't know the difference except for the patches on the back of their jackets and vests. They're good men (and women), one and all and I respect them all the more because I went through the same thing. The toughest thing this side of hell; getting clean and sober. And if you ask me that just made them tougher and harder men and women than they ever were before.

Peace :asian:

I think you may have read way more into my post than was there. I think we are agreeing on the basic concept - bikers, "reformed" (BTW, I hate that word) or otherwise are NOT the kind of guys that run around talking crap. They just live it. I don't think ANY of them have gone soft, nor did I imply it. In fact, just the opposite. It's the "badass" we're discussing in the thread that wouldn't make it long around bikers - not clean and sober bikers (I mean, by definition, they're all bikers, right?)

I know several sober bikers - they're not reformed, they've just chosen a different path. That's all good to me. They weren't acting civilized - they are civilized, and so are most other bikers as well.

Perhaps my post was unclear - I meant to state that the guys you know are the quiet "living the life" guys that wouldn't take any crap from the "I'm Godzilla and you're all Tokyo" guys. I appologize for the confusion.

To close - I've hung at clubhouses of several MC's and There are very few places safer to be than at a MC clubhouse if you've been invited there, whether they are 1%'rs or Soldiers for Jesus. JMHO - but they are some of the best people in the world.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
I think you may have read way more into my post than was there. I think we are agreeing on the basic concept - bikers, "reformed" (BTW, I hate that word) or otherwise are NOT the kind of guys that run around talking crap. They just live it. I don't think ANY of them have gone soft, nor did I imply it. In fact, just the opposite. It's the "badass" we're discussing in the thread that wouldn't make it long around bikers - not clean and sober bikers (I mean, by definition, they're all bikers, right?)

I know several sober bikers - they're not reformed, they've just chosen a different path. That's all good to me. They weren't acting civilized - they are civilized, and so are most other bikers as well.

Perhaps my post was unclear - I meant to state that the guys you know are the quiet "living the life" guys that wouldn't take any crap from the "I'm Godzilla and you're all Tokyo" guys. I apologize for the confusion.

To close - I've hung at clubhouses of several MC's and There are very few places safer to be than at a MC clubhouse if you've been invited there, whether they are 1%'rs or Soldiers for Jesus. JMHO - but they are some of the best people in the world.

Ya, actually you're right, I misread/misinterpreted what you were saying and took it defensively. My loyalty to them misguided my interpretation of what you were saying in reply to my inital post. Those guys, tough as they could be were good friends (both pre and post soberiety).
I was chatting with a friend (also a MT member) about it and they pointed out my error. We just agreed differently on the exact same thing. I was the one who didn't see it. So my bad. Peace :asian:

I had a good laugh with your analogy of the "Godzilla/Tokyo" type characters... pretty apt description of those guys. Morons with muscles. The ones that give (real) bikers a bad name.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello Jenna! I am once again enjoying your playful provocation, and creative scenarios. Please excuse me for a moment while I talk to this "Mr. Big and Bad." :wink:

Mr. B&B said:
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do..
Hello, sir. Foolish of you to announce your intentions, but let's address the important issues. Ok, if you are physically bigger, and stronger than I, there is no disagreement, but if you think that size, and strength are an advantage, then you obviously do not know the Martial Art, nor do you understand the laws of physics, and are sadly mistaken. Also, are you really more physically experienced than I? Perhaps not.

Mr. B&B said:
Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral. And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands..
I concede you are bigger, but not "Badder," for I am equally prepared to do anything, and everything, with no reservations nor hesitations, to defend my life. You can not exceed me in this fact, but only match me if you are telling the truth about yourself, and you do not cower when I proceed to thrash you.
:whip:

Mr. B&B said:
has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind..
There is a first time for everything! :ultracool

Mr. B&B said:
Q: Are you willing to accept that I .. someone both bigger AND badder than you.. that I can exist?
There are many bigger, stronger, faster, etc., etc., but not Badder, simply because I can, and will, be as "bad" as you in everything you do. I can choose to walk away, or use methods of avoidance, but in defense of my life (and others) there are no rules.....
:readrules
there is no "fair" and "unfair." I will do anything, with no limits, to prevent you from prevailing.

Mr. B&B said:
Q: If I exist.. what advantage can you POSSIBLY have over me?
First, in reality, I would not answer you this. Your ignorance of what I know is my first advantage. Rob (phadrus00) has said it beautifully with his insightful remarks about the craftsman and the "artist." You might be "excellent" Mr. Big & Bad, but I can create things you have never conceived of, and the element of surprise is to my advantage.
:jaws:

Secondly, Rob has once again beat me to the point, he so well stated. Your "intent" is your weakness, and my advantage. Even if your arrogance is backed by skill, and limitless motivation with no morals, your desire to attack places you at a disadvantage. Anyone who has studied fencing, Swordsmanship, or the Martial Art should know this. The defender is protecting, and has physical balance and leverage, while the attacker is off balance (even for a moment), forceful, and extended in a weaker position. The attacker automatically sacrifices the advantage the moment they attack. It is for me to merely exploit this disadvantage.

Mr. B&B said:
Q: If you have advantage over me then how will you use it? as I am telling you right here I want to take something from you that I do not think you want to give.. What are you gonna do bout it?

What will I do.......? Nothing! I will let you defeat yourself. Your desire to take something, and to attack me without remorse places you on a course which you can not control. I will assist you down this path to self destruction. Your own size, strength, and motivation will work against you, and to my advantage.

~~

Jenna said:
.. are YOU ready for bigger and badder than you?
This is a good question, Jenna. There have been many excellent replies. For me, personally, I have had real world experience, and I know what I am capable of doing. I also know what my opponent is capable of doing. Mr. Big and Bad has three things for me to deal with. The Mind, the body, and the unknown factors. The mind controls the body. If he is beyond reason, or intimidation, I must either defeat his will, damage his brain (the control center), or destroy the body. I am physically trained and skilled to do all three of those as needed. The unknown factors include the environment, terrain, and anything unforseen. I must train, and be prepared to deal with anything that comes up.

As for Mr. Big's overwhelming size and strength, people of another planet could claim to be able to destroy our planet 10 times over, whereas we can destroy their planet twice over. The overkill has no bearing so long as you prevent their successful attack, and effect a successful strike of your own. For some, this means strike first, and that might work in some cases, but initiating the attack can also put you at a disadvantage. If you are capable of a avoiding, deflecting, or defending against their initial aggression, a well-timed, accurate, and powerful counter-attack is usually the safest, and most effective tactic.

Let them make their mistakes, and let someone else clean up the mess when you are done.
:snipe2:

Last Fearner - -> normally, good guy :angel: ; under attack, bad to the bone! :flammad:

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Jenna said:
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do..

You just keep right on thinking that.....that's right....continue your approach with your mental guard down just like that. Good. If you must force me to conclude this business this is what I want.:EG:

You see, if you'd bothered to do your homework on me first you'd know that to you, a fight is an evil act to enjoy....to me, it's just business to be concluded. I won't bring my ego to a fight. I won't even bring my HUMANITY.:borg:

Jenna said:
Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral.

Then for purposes relating to the business at hand, we have something in common.:EG:

Jenna said:
And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands.. as has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind....

Luck runs out QUICK, though---you start feeling good, and you step up to the table to gamble one last time, and the next thing you know......SNAKE EYES. And since you've just told me you've done this before, whereas I do not victimize innocent people, it's a fair bet that "the Force" is on my side and if so, my wasting you will simply be your "karma" if you're fool enough to commit to our present "transaction".:mad:

Jenna said:
Q: Are you willing to accept that I .. someone both bigger AND badder than you.. that I can exist?

Most EVERY martial artist assumes their enemy will be somewhat quick, somewhat strong and somewhat intelligent--If you are slower, weaker, and dumber than me, I don't need ANY martial arts, I can just stiff-arm you on your *** and tell you to go home. most every *true* martial art has someone like you in mind, built right into their responses.

Jenna said:

The one you just gave me for free--*you just convinced yourself I don't know how to fight and will be no threat to you*.:EG:

Jenna said:
Q: If you have advantage over me then how will you use it? as I am telling you right here I want to take something from you that I do not think you want to give.. What are you gonna do bout it?

My advantage is already working against you before I've even taken a single physical action, and you've done it to yourself.

Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly. -vampfeed-

Jenna said:
are YOU ready for bigger and badder than you?

Yep. Worse come to worst I have an honor guard into Valhalla anyway.:EG:

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jenna said:
TO my eyes it is a plain fact.. I am bigger than you.. bigger AND stronger AND more physically experienced for what I am about to do.. Further.. I am plainly BADDER than you as I am PREPARED having NO great conscience nor sense of moral. And as I am going about my business with you I DO NOT CARE if I hurt you maim you or if you die at my hands.. as has happened previously and left no lasting mark on my body or mind..

~~

Hello all my sharp-edged friends :) nope any of you who know me will know I ain't bigger nor badder than any of y'all bad boys and gals but I pose these questions of any of you who may be looking in after reading some pretty nasty stuff in the paper this morning.. there are some mean folk out there doing just whatever comes to their perniciously perverted minds and I wonder.. are YOU ready for bigger and badder than you? I am very interested to know your approach to the bigger and badder... thank you.

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Bigger. Badder.:) didn't get the point, can someone explain it more. If you mean that is there people bigger than me. Sure there are, but what does is it matter. Bigger opponents are the easy type. The hard ones are the experienced, fast fighters. (Akebono fought Royce Gracie. Guess who won?:) ).

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Firstly, what is the 'thing' I don't want to part with? If it's really just a 'thing' ... I give it to you and walk away. I assume you are trying to take this 'thing' to start the fight. 'Things' are largely worthless, people matter.

Now if we're talking about the safety of innocent people (including myself) -- THEN it's time for a pre-emptive strike ... and not just one ... many, many, many ... using weapons of opportunity (including my forehead and teeth). I must go from zero to ten (maybe even eleven!) faster than the 'badass'. I have seen any number of pretend bad guys taken out just as their threats are leaving their mouths. If they're talking, besides hyping themselves for the fight and trying to bait you into it, they're trying to intimidate you. It's hard to be intimidating from the ground with a broken leg or missing ear (they're really easy to bite off, ask Mike Tyson).

Here's the real problem in my eyes; the bad guys friends. Jerks like this travel in groups. You must dispense with this guy as quickly as possible and be ready for his buddies to jump in immediately. Watch your back ... sides ... front ... watch everything ... move your head as your field of vision will collapse during adrenal stress response. Drop this guy, create space and run. Call the cops when you're safe ... tell them what happened. If you don't call the cops the bad guy probably will and your butt will be on the legal line.

spinkick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Jenna

1. Yes I accept that there are deffinitly people "badder" then me,
2. I don't know anyone "bad" enough to take a bullet.
3. My only advantage Is that I would rather die in a pool of my own blood then live with that. In essense I would be fighting for my life which would deffiniltly give me more drive then the "badder" person. Also I hit first ask questions later

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
spinkick said:
Also I hit first ask questions later

It is hard to kick the crap out of the little guy when the little guy hits you in the throat.

My only concern is the old saying of,"The bigger they are... The more bones they break."

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
THought this would be interesting, fun, anf funny. We are talking about winning or losing the fight, so here are a few funny but somewhat true statements....

10 signs that someone is going to lose a fight&#8230;

1. He declares that he studies a martial art. The more overblown the declaration, the worse the beating. So the guy who gets in the Karate stance, declares, &#8220;I am mandated by the government to tell you that I am a black belt and I know &#8220;pressure point fighting,&#8221; is probably destined to receive the worst beating you have ever seen.

2. The person with the bigger mouth lays claims to better resources. &#8220;My dad could buy and sell you,&#8221; or &#8220;I know the best attorney in the state!&#8221;

3. The guy has been consistently pissing off almost everyone in the establishment, including the security staff, and now is squared off with someone.

4. The girl or girls of a social group are with are the loudest and most obnoxious in the room. And the guys of the social group are putting up with it. Those guys are likely to get beat down.

5. You know that the girls in #4 are likely to get beat down when one of them says, &#8220;What are they going to do&#8230;.hit a girl!?&#8221;

6. A guy who is being confronted can&#8217;t look the confonter in the eyes, but instead looks worriedly at friends and bystanders.

7. You hear, &#8220;Go ahead and kick my ***. I&#8217;ll just call the police!&#8221;

8. In an attempt to bark louder, the guy about to lose the fight blurts out very cliched and unreasonable threats; &#8220;I&#8217;ll hit you so hard your dead parents feel it!&#8221; &#8220;I&#8217;ll push your face into the back of your skull!&#8221; &#8220;I&#8217;ll rip out your eyes and show em to ya!&#8221; just to name a few.

9. One guy constantly has something in his hand, or his hand on something, during the posturing stage (a bottle, a chair, hand in pocket, etc.) and the other guy is so busy being tough that he doesn&#8217;t notice.

10. A guy who chooses to insult or threaten another&#8217;s wife or children in their presence is very likely to get his *** totally kicked.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
THought this would be interesting, fun, anf funny. We are talking about winning or losing the fight, so here are a few funny but somewhat true statements....

8. In an attempt to bark louder, the guy about to lose the fight blurts out very cliched and unreasonable threats; “I’ll hit you so hard your dead parents feel it!” “I’ll push your face into the back of your skull!” “I’ll rip out your eyes and show em to ya!” just to name a few.

So, I shouldn't tell them that I plan to beat them up and when I am done with that I plan on skinning them and rubbing salt into the muscle? ;) :lol:

spinkick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is kind of turning into a funny thread so I have a story to tell. I recall this one time when we were at this bar and I was Designated driver. Well this woman I know is like a close friend of mine and she was a little drunk and we were all having a good time. Well this big guy starts grabbing her butt and is basically being an all out jackass. When I told him I didn't care what he did to the other women in the place but he better not touch her he proclaimed that he had just gotten out of the army and would kick my ***. Further more he "knew Karate and ****". Well I was working part time at a near by dojang at the time with a summer camp program for kids so My van was all karate'd out with stickers for promotion to the dojang. Well I'm just laughing at this guy and then I get real quiet and im like ok. Look I realise you'll kick my *** and everything but lets go outside so we dont ruin everyone elses good time. He's hesitating me telling me I'm ****ing done for and hes gonna whip my *** So i start acting a little more crazy Come on man it will be fun lets go outside and do it. so we're walking out the door and I go ohh man before you beat me to a pulp I feel as though Its only fair to warn you I teach martial arts for a living. He called me a liar and the girl im with yells YOU DUMB SON OF A ***** DIDNT YOU SEE HIS KARATE VAN IN THE PARKING LOT! hahaha I've never seen someone dissapear that fast. Just proof that psyching your opponent out is just as good as actually beating him to a pulp.