Best Scam

OP
G

GouRonin

Nothing is ever really wasted Rob. It was something you did and enjoyed while you did it. Then you moved on. People should always be moving in some direction. Enjoy what you are doing now as later it will be something else.

P.S. - Stop trying to get me to talk about boobies. I won't do it.
:rolleyes:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I guess I will try and behave then. We'll talk about breasts at the ballet.

OP
C

chungmoowarrior

Grandmaster "Iron" Kim is a great man! He's achieved a level of being that no other human alive is at through Chung Moo Doe! The instructors that caused the legal trouble set up Kim because they were jealous of him!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by chungmoowarrior
Grandmaster "Iron" Kim is a great man! He's achieved a level of being that no other human alive is at through Chung Moo Doe! The instructors that caused the legal trouble set up Kim because they were jealous of him!

No, he achieved a level of fraudulent income that few other humans alive have attained. Then he got caught.

What caused Kim's legal troubles was not his instructors, but Kim's insistance that he be paid in cash. Kim's requirement of sending him cash 'gifts' every holiday and on his birthday. Kim's false bookkeeping that had him and his instructors leaving out zeroes in their books (ie, $5,000 becomes $50.00). Kim's attempted brainwashing of numerous students. Kim's encouragement of strong-arm tactics (extortion) to get students to sign contracts for ever-escalating fees.

I could go on. Unfortunately, you're either a very annoying troll or one of the students that were successfully brainwashed.

Cthulhu

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Alright dude you are telling us one of the greatest jokes ever or you are the joke. I read your profile. 3yrs and secomnd dan, you know if you slipped him a few more dollars you could have been a 3rd dan by now.

I really hope this was your attempt at humor, if not you proabably enjoyed riding the little bus to school each day, and got to wear a hockey helmet even when you were not on the ice.

OP
G

GouRonin

Sounds good. I believe you.

Hey, wanna randori?
:shrug:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Randori is grappling. Or for the southerner wrastlin or scufflin or tusslin.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Rob Broad

ROFL .. thanks for the info, and your commentary. :rofl:

Have any of you ever hosted, or been to a hosted grappling
seminar? My instructor said he'd like to bring in a guy to
teach some grappling.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
Have any of you ever hosted, or been to a hosted grappling seminar?

I went to a BJJ seminar by Richard Beaupit at Mr. Hartman's and will be attending a BJJ seminar by Wellington "Megaton" Dias next week. I enjoyed and learned from Mr. Beaupit's seminar.

OP
R

Rubber Ducky

Originally posted by Rob_Broad

Rob, "randori" means "chaotic practice" and it's not just grappling. It's really any kind of loose sparring within the rules of your system. Karate guys can do "randori" as well, but they usually won't call it that :)

Pierre

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky
Rob, "randori" means "chaotic practice" and it's not just grappling. It's really any kind of loose sparring within the rules of your system. Karate guys can do "randori" as well, but they usually won't call it that :)

Thanx Pierre. I used to call it "knuckles & skulls" but people don't like that...

Oh I hope I get a chung mood doe practitioner for easter!
:mad:

OP
I

islandtime

Originally posted by GouRonin
What's the best scam you ever heard of in the martial arts? The best one I ever heard of was a guy who tacked 250.00$ onto the black belt test if the person wanted to be registered as a weapon with the police. It was pure scam but people paid for it and believed in it too.

So what do you all think of some good scams people pull on their students? Special clubs? Etc etc...name them off!
:soapbox:

Was that "Count Dante"

GEne

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by islandtime
Was that "Count Dante"

He's been discussed here in great detail; see also the Chicago Dojo Wars thread and some of the Ashida Kim discussions (use the Search facility). The Chicago Dojo Wars thread includes a link to a Black Belt magazine article discussing the incident in which one of his students died.

OP
R

Rubber Ducky

Originally posted by GouRonin

Thanx Pierre. I used to call it "knuckles & skulls" but people don't like that...

Oh I hope I get a chung mood doe practitioner for easter!
:mad:

Sorry I missed this before.

Anyhow, "knuckles and skulls" is better than "knees and nuts", maybe offer them a choice next time?

Pierre

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Japanese. Like Rubber Ducky said, it means either "free exercise" or "chaotic practice". Or something along those lines. I think this is similar to "Gan sao" (I think) in either Cantonese or Mandarin (also not sure).

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

(Maybe it'd be best to move the answer to the Chinese Martial Arts forum!)

I would if I had a real answer. It's just another piece of useless trivia floating around in my head, from who knows where. I probably read it in some book or magazine years ago.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

ok here is one for ya not really a scam just someone to look out for if he shows up in your town.... the guys name is roger haygood and he claims to be the only person in the united states to teach a very rare form of southern mantis kung fu... which i have not been able to find out if his claim is real or not... but what he does is rents a house and begins to find a few students and gets them to take classes from him then ends up moving them in with him and making them fix up his house and worship the old chinese gods and basicly brain washes them... of course while they are there they get the privealge of having the hell beat out of them on a daily basis and are only allowed to eat small amounts of rice... yes i know it sounds a bit far fetched but i had one of them come into my sifu's school before it closed and he looked like he had been run over with a car it was that bad and he said thats the way they train every day and that he was not allowed to show any techniques from the style due to an oath he had taken.... but this guy haygood is a nut case.... an example of his lunacy is that he sharpens his finger nails to points and dips them in herbs to hard them and then supposedly covers them in some kind of poison as a form of self defense lol dont know if thats true or not but that came from his former student... and not soon after this haygood left the nashville area as far as i know so be on the look out and he is a real guy i know the 2 guys in this area that teach mantis for real know of him... this guy haygood also does alot of the fake chi tricks... but thought i would let you guys in on that one...

Latest Discussions