Attention All Kenpo Black Belts

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Oh yeah, I was going to mention that this looks suspiciously like advertising to me. Against MT policy ... or at least in the wrong Forum for "services".

Is it on KenpoNet, KenpoTalk, or any of the Tracy Forums yet?
-MB
He posted the same message on Kenpo Net a few days ago, but I haven't seen it pop up on Kenpo Talk yet.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Oh yeah, I was going to mention that this looks suspiciously like advertising to me. Against MT policy ... or at least in the wrong Forum for "services".

Is it on KenpoNet, KenpoTalk, or any of the Tracy Forums yet?
-MB
Respectfully, there are folks on this very forum that attempt to pander their instructor's program everytime a Kenpo thread is posted; so, I vote that this person has just as much right as anyone to semi-pander what they are into. At least hold everyone to the same standard. While you consider, please let me direct you to our extensive video library at Kenpo2000.com (ha ha).
Sean

OP
L

lonekimono10

Hey this guy looks like that man i saw the other night, on a martial arts show
on discovery, and check out the guy at the bottom of the page, it saids that he is a KARATE INSTR, and it looks to me (and my eyes are not like they used to be) like he has the Parker crest on the bottom of the top part of his gi. (m i wrong?):idunno:

OP
R

rmcpeek

I'm not one to get into disputes over things, but I think I will reply in this case. Are any of you who are bashing this thread aware of what Mistose taught? Have any of you ever read his book What is Self Defense? What do you see as the subtitle on that book?

For a picture of it, you can check it out on Tracy's Website below.
http://www.tracyskarate.com/History/Mitosebook/mstbooks2.htm

A quote from it " Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu is an art of self-defense practiced in the Far East, since the earliest days. Among the arts of self-defense in which weapons are not used, no other can surpass the art of Kenpo."

I think a few of you Kenpo practitioners have either lost focus, or are unaware of where Kenpo came from and it's history. I suggest you do a little research on where what many call Kenpo Karate came from and it's roots.

I am not the one who is running the school and offering this program to Kenpo Black Belts. Hanshi McPeek is. I've posted this thread here to see what kind of response we would get, and so far, my predictions for responses have been right on. I have been both a student and an instructor of Kenpo for almost 30 years now. For those who are interested, you can read about me here: www.usasdc.com

None of the bashing replies surprise me one bit. For those who are interested though, please visit the site and contact us from there.
http://www.usaselfdefensecenters.com/kenpojujitsu.html

eyebeams

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Frankly, since there's so much debate over what Mitose knew in the first place (fraud or secretive master? Copycat or inheritor?), berating folks for missing elements of his lineage is going to have a highly . . . variable effect.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. McPeek:

You are not being bashed due to any lack of understanding of Kenpo roots or Ju Jitsu roots. Most here know some of the history and how the various Kenpo/Kempo systems descended from Mitose are related. :asian:

You are being bashed for offering a Black Belt in your style to someone who is trained and certified in something different without any personal interraction with that person. That significantly diminishes the value of the Black Belts you offer and calls in question your motives and integrity. :bs1:

Most people who bother to post on the MartialTalk, the KenpoNet, and other internet forums earned what rank they have through time and sweat. Those people don't appreciate your efforts to devalue the rank of Black Belt by giving it away. :flushed:

Get a feakin clue!!! :bird:

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Thanks for the Information. Great Website! I sent you an e-mail. I will decide for myself. I have seen just about every MA scam there is. LOL

Sincerely,

Mark E. Weiser

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
rmcpeek said:
Perhaps I should have stated in the original post that we are NOT a diploma mill. We are a legitimate, respected Martial Arts School.

Check out the website for the details, have you guys done this prior to your responses? Have you contacted Hanshi McPeek with questions? He will personally address them for those who are interested.

http://www.usaselfdefensecenters.com/jujitsu-crossrank.html
Sorry I already hold a 9th in DanZan Ryu Jiujitsu, etc. but thanks anyway. Wait! can I get a 10th?

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcpeek said:
I'm not one to get into disputes over things, but I think I will reply in this case. Are any of you who are bashing this thread aware of what Mistose taught? Have any of you ever read his book What is Self Defense? What do you see as the subtitle on that book?

A quote from it " Kenpo Jiu-Jitsu is an art of self-defense practiced in the Far East, since the earliest days. Among the arts of self-defense in which weapons are not used, no other can surpass the art of Kenpo."

I think a few of you Kenpo practitioners have either lost focus, or are unaware of where Kenpo came from and it's history. I suggest you do a little research on where what many call Kenpo Karate came from and it's roots.

I am not the one who is running the school and offering this program to Kenpo Black Belts. Hanshi McPeek is. I've posted this thread here to see what kind of response we would get, and so far, my predictions for responses have been right on. I have been both a student and an instructor of Kenpo for almost 30 years now. For those who are interested, you can read about me here: www.usasdc.com

None of the bashing replies surprise me one bit. For those who are interested though, please visit the site and contact us from there.
well........i think a lot of people here have probably read the aforementioned book. ive read both of his books. i also study the controversial kosho-ryu in the SKSKI (ooooooooooooh) so i have a pretty good idea where kempo came from. so are you in some way trying to connect to mitose's teachings?
i fail to understand this whole offer.
i think a lot of people are probably quite happy in the organizations they are in.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

For once or twice anyway, I can only agree.

In the first place, the whole idea is pretty offensive. As was asked, why in the world would anybody WANT a black belt in an art they've never heard of, let alone practiced?

In the second--if the argument is that there's no difference, so the cross-ranking is OK--well, then why does the art of, "kenpo jiu-jitsu," even still exist?

In the third, sorry, not falling for the old, "If you weren't a doubting thomas and you had an open mind and you were decent people, you'd all sign up,"

In the fourth--funny that no details (rationale, cost) are available ion the website itself; you have to call...

Now if we're all wet about this, here's something simple to prove it: get on and post, a) your exact reasons for this...offer; b) what it is YOU stand to gain from it; c) the costs involved. It's what you'd do, if you weren't a doubting thomas and you had an open mind. Then boy, will we look silly.

I'm actually working on a theory--if a fifth degree and a fifth degree get together, they can add the exponents and acquire the right to promote each other to ninth.

But as noted:

"You are being bashed for offering a Black Belt in your style to someone who is trained and certified in something different without any personal interraction with that person. That significantly diminishes the value of the Black Belts you offer and calls in question your motives and integrity."

Incidentally, shouldn't it tell you something that you're running into pretty much the same universal response from a lot of different people on different forums? I know the KenpoNet crowd was...less than flattering in response.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
For once or twice anyway, I can only agree.

In the first place, the whole idea is pretty offensive. As was asked, why in the world would anybody WANT a black belt in an art they've never heard of, let alone practiced?

In the second--if the argument is that there's no difference, so the cross-ranking is OK--well, then why does the art of, "kenpo jiu-jitsu," even still exist?

In the third, sorry, not falling for the old, "If you weren't a doubting thomas and you had an open mind and you were decent people, you'd all sign up,"

In the fourth--funny that no details (rationale, cost) are available ion the website itself; you have to call...

Now if we're all wet about this, here's something simple to prove it: get on and post, a) your exact reasons for this...offer; b) what it is YOU stand to gain from it; c) the costs involved. It's what you'd do, if you weren't a doubting thomas and you had an open mind. Then boy, will we look silly.

I'm actually working on a theory--if a fifth degree and a fifth degree get together, they can add the exponents and acquire the right to promote each other to ninth.

But as noted:

"You are being bashed for offering a Black Belt in your style to someone who is trained and certified in something different without any personal interraction with that person. That significantly diminishes the value of the Black Belts you offer and calls in question your motives and integrity."

Incidentally, shouldn't it tell you something that you're running into pretty much the same universal response from a lot of different people on different forums? I know the KenpoNet crowd was...less than flattering in response.

If Robert and I are quoting each other AND WE AGREE...then it must be true!!!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theoreticly a blackbelt is square one, and offering to let new students start at square one sounds more than fair. Obviously the degrees you train for will be held to thier standards, and those blackbelts not up to par will have to get up to par before the next ranking. This is the same as starting at white belt and wearing your old rank. I fail to see the controversy, The certificate in question will obviously relate the circumstances of promotion; so, whats the big deal? Second black will be the test. No one will be fooled, or is being fooled; its all out in the open.
Sean

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I personaly dont think any legitimate kenpo black belt or any legitimate black belt, or any legitimate martial artist for that matter would be interested in someone handing them a black belt in an art they have never trained in. Is this some sort of test to find out who's fishing for rank or something?

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
Theoreticly a blackbelt is square one, and offering to let new students start at square one sounds more than fair. Obviously the degrees you train for will be held to thier standards, and those blackbelts not up to par will have to get up to par before the next ranking. This is the same as starting at white belt and wearing your old rank. I fail to see the controversy, The certificate in question will obviously relate the circumstances of promotion; so, whats the big deal? Second black will be the test. No one will be fooled, or is being fooled; its all out in the open.
Sean

I always thought of Black Belt as like getting accross the checker board and getting "Kinged"--it enables you to move in more directions.

Why can't he just start people out as a white belt? On the other hand, why not start eveyrone out as a 10th Dan with Double Red Bars...

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
rmcpeek said:

Uh, no offense sir, but I really think you're like a Patriots Fan whose wandered into a Raiders bar. "Duck."

Seriously sir, the only thing that is clear to me is that you seemed to have come here to specifically deliver your message. Anyone who had ever regularly spent time on MartialTalk in any of the Kenpo forums would never adopt such a posture, at least not without body armor. As an example; I knew Mitose and formulaed an opinion of him many years ago. And you?

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Thanks for the Information. Great Website! I sent you an e-mail. I will decide for myself. I have seen just about every MA scam there is. LOL

Sincerely,

Mark E. Weiser
Oh boy, another Black Belt video course to take, I can't wait. How many would that be for you now, IKCA, Jun Bao, Dragon Kenpo, etc.?

You've seen the scams, or been scammed, because of your own integrity, notice the 2nd Dragon Kenpo in your profile.

DarK LorD

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Yeah, I've read the book--got it off the Tracy website. It's interesting, kinda in the way a Model A car is interesting. Oh, and I've also read some of the transcript of Mr. Mitose's trial--same website. Died in prison? Conspiracy to commit murder, wasn't it?

As for the assertion that there's anything "obvious," about that website--no, don't see a thing explained. But that's OK, because I can't imagine why I would want to get tested (free, no doubt) by a group of guys who (if you're right) would be ceritifying that I was a compentent kenpo black belt in the first place. I'd rather get drunk and go hang out on La Brea: "Hey schtranger...do I lewk like a come (hic) competant (hic)--aw, hell, good keempo black belt to yeu, eh?" Probably a better test, too.

Got in to work today, and I have now officially been phished for the first time...this thread, somehow, strikes me as the same damn thing.

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
rmcpeek said:

What i want to know is do you have any black belts in Lima Lama or KunToa silat that you can give me? I always wanted to say i was a black belt in those arts. :rolleyes:

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mitose has pretty much been decried as a fraud on this forum. Aside from that, I fail to see why any self-respecting IKKA kenpo black belt would even be interested in associating himself with lower grade technology such as that represented in Mitose's book. Looks and smells like someone who gains status by associating himself with the iconography of dead kenpoists who are unable to confirm or deny his association with their organization(s).

Mr. McPeek. Doc Chapel, rmcrobertson, Old Fat Kenpoka, Dark Kenpo Lord, and others on this site are 99.9% of the time predictably on different sides of the coin in arguments. Inexplicably, they have united in opposing what you are representing. Is it possible the problem is not theirs, but yours??

Regards,

Dave

Latest Discussions