Attention All Kenpo Black Belts

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Mr. McPeek. Doc Chapel, rmcrobertson, Old Fat Kenpoka, Dark Kenpo Lord, and others on this site are 99.9% of the time predictably on different sides of the coin in arguments. Inexplicably, they have united in opposing what you are representing.
This to me gentlemen is a very clever advertisement that's gotten a lot of attention in a short time, and the fact that it has brought you all together for a one time agreement is proof enough that it has effectively achieved its intended goal indeed, as bad press for some is better than no press at all. In in my humble opinion if no one buys the papers the press won't run. :asian:

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, since you started the post I guess I would like a few clarifications, and this is intended to be just that and not to insult you or your system:

why do you believe any bb would want to have an automatic shodan in a system they have never trained in?

Wouldnt it make more sense to have these people start from white belt if they were interested in your system?

Thank you.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
rmcpeek said:
Perhaps I should have stated in the original post that we are NOT a diploma mill. We are a legitimate, respected Martial Arts School.

Check out the website for the details, have you guys done this prior to your responses? Have you contacted Hanshi McPeek with questions? He will personally address them for those who are interested.

http://www.usaselfdefensecenters.com/jujitsu-crossrank.html

Upon first reading the site, it appears to me that this is similar to a Kenpo program that I know of, where if you send the money, you get all the material needed to get your BB, but you get the BB and the BB certificate even before you've earned it. IMHO, nothing can replace the feeling of training of a live instructor.

Mike

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you read the book you will notice not a lot of jui Jitsu involved!!!

Looking at some of the stances of your Yudansha, well for the first time in years you have motivated me to run, and run away as fast as I can

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Still waiting for an explanation of why y'all are being so good to us, and what the costs are.

I see, too, that you've played back the history of Mr. Mitose: I should be very interested to know precisely who promoted James Mitose in 1942 (the site says only that he, "was promoted;" did somebody come over from Japan? oh wait...forgot a minor historical point... World War II), and to what rank, and under what authority. And I would very much be interested to read clear, unambiguous documentation to back up that history.

However, I expect that there will be no explanation, accounting or documentation.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So if I qualify can I be cross ranked, or is it get cross ranked to qualify. Gee.. I wonder what the qualification process could be??

There never was any documentation of Mitose rank or training or connection to the Yoshida clan
Jui Jutsu has been in Kenpo all along??? We just could'nt see it, so that means we pretty much deserve a high rank in Jui Jutsu-err..with your help of course.
Don't warm up the cash registar just yet

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
im a little bit confused about how ju jutsu relates to goshin jutsu other than the fact that practicing ju jutsu, is practicing goshin jutsu......same thing if you practice karate or judo. goshin jutsu is art of self defense.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
So if I qualify can I be cross ranked, or is it get cross ranked to qualify. Gee.. I wonder what the qualification process could be??

There never was any documentation of Mitose rank or training or connection to the Yoshida clan
Jui Jutsu has been in Kenpo all along??? We just could'nt see it, so that means we pretty much deserve a high rank in Jui Jutsu-err..with your help of course.
Don't warm up the cash registar just yet
todd, this goes back to the old is kempo a style. i think when most people think ju jutsu they think of the gracies and the way they do things. i think most people would be surprised to know that people do kick and punch and throw and lock.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually when I think of MMA I think of Gracie, Jui Jutsu I think od Henry OZaki (sp?). Yes puncher can jiontlock and vis a verse but to be handed out certs left and right....

OP
L

lonekimono10

i sent this man a Pm and asked him who his kenpo teacher was, and i NEVER got anything back:mp5:

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
While there has been quite a lot of nicely written literature on whether Mitose was Yoshida, or whether Kenpo originally included ju jut su moves, all essays that I have run into are just essays supported with no facts whatsoever, except the writer's personal historical account. I am not disclaiming it had or had not, all I am stating is that I have yet to see one essay written on this subject with a solid factual account on this.

OP
R

rmcpeek

Yes. It was under Ed Parker and James Ibraro (Parker's first Shodan) that the Tracy brothers, Al and Jim, learned the "Original Kenpo Jiu Jitsu" and "Traditional Kenpo". They were Ed Parker's 5th and 6th Black Belts.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So.. never having met with, trained with, or spoken to James Mitose the tracey's now represent "True" Mitose Kenpo. Having trained with Parker wonuld'nt it be Early Paker Kenpo or Chow's Kenpo Modified.
Like I said before there is'nt much to tie Mitose with the Yoshisa clan!

OP
L

lonekimono10

so you teach Tracys kenpo?? i wonder do you guys still do "BOOK SET"
or as it was writen "bok set" that was along time ago.

OP
L

lonekimono10

you know it's funny, but you use the japanese words for your rank,
you know , 1st shodan, and so forth, why? you are chinese kenpo, i know i started with Tracys, just a though