America in the New World

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In a way I'm glad we are loosing importance so maybe we can stop getting involved in so much crap. I just wish we didn't turn our backs on our oldest friends to get there. I'm pretty embarrassed by some of the stuff Obama has done. Like the iPod full of speeches he gave to the queen and sending the Churchill bust back to taking cell phone pics at funerals.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The things obama is doing is going to lead to more war, not less...the saudis and other countries in the middle east now have to deal with Iran going nuclear...so they will have to respond. Not backing Ukraine, and other allies is making it more tempting for military action by Russia and China...

Obama thinks that favoring our enemies over our friends will make the world more peaceful...never worked in the past, won't work in the future...

this part from the article hits the nail on the head...

Broadly speaking, the governments and people which most closely identified with the United States have lost out. In the Middle East, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the Gulf States, Turkey and Israel are feeling sore. Regimes, like Mubarak’s Egypt, which had put all their eggs in the American basket, then found them addled. Many fell. In the Far East, old US allies feel inadequately protected from the rising power of China, and in Africa that same rising power has been left free to buy the place up. The great Obama “pivot to Asia” seems to have pivoted away again. Even western Europe feels neglected.

As for Britain, the bust of Winston Churchill left the Oval Office as Mr Obama moved in, and we lost influence. Just now, we have been embarrassed by US security failures in the Edward Snowden affair, and it seems quite likely that US changes proposed as a result of it will amputate some of the intimate intelligence cooperation that has helped us so much since 1946.
So the rewards for doing the right thing by the United States seem to have diminished sharply. I am not saying that all the countries just listed are notable practitioners of Ubuntu. Saudi Arabia’s very name – referring as it does to one family – is a denial of the oneness of humanity. But the list looks pretty good compared with that of the anti-American countries on which Obama’s America is now smiling.

Latest Discussions