kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Done with my test. The results are:

Professor: 12
Investigator/troubleshooter: 12
Innovator/Inventor: 7
Communicator/Guide: 9

I find the results rather intriquing. Thank you for bringing up the test.

- Ceicei

I could tell you my interpretation, but then you'd have to kill me. :ultracool

So instead, a quick guide to meaning:
http://www.newhorizons.org/strategies/styles/kennedy.htm

And down and dirty synopsis:
From a review: What? Why/How? What if? So what? The author breaks down learning styles into four perspectives, nicknamed the Professor, the Troubleshooter, the Inventor, and the Guide. The Professor is the traditionalist who wants to know "what", and the Troubleshooter needs to know "why" or "how". Inventors discover by asking "what if", and Guides ask "so what".

(The author) provides a wealth of information (in a book) on how to implement lessons for all styles of learning. He offers a questionnaire for the reader (the SOS, which is the link I gave) to answer to find his or her personal style of learning, and then gives suggestions for discovering students' styles. Ideas for specific subjects are listed and general goals for the different learning styles are listed as well. Basic ideas of classroom management are also offered. (And these apply in the dojo/dojang, too).

This …was enlightening because I discovered different styles of learning I hadn't thought of before. I not only learned about ways to improve (teaching), I learned more about my own style of learning.

Thanks for playing.

~ kidswarrior/Mark

sealth

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congradulations on your yelow belt.i have a blue belt in kenpo and have recntly received a brown belt in american jujitsu.so it's good to hear someone else doing so good in kenpo/jujitsu together.i wish you he best in your training.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Ceicei....You are a great inspiration to all of us. Many people make accuses' of why they cannot better them selves.

Here you have a greater challenge to overcome, Keep up the training, everyone can be a role model for others to follow.

My Son and Daughter are on the High School Wrestling team, and one of the other High School has a BLIND wrestler...who completes. He has to be lead on and off the mats...and everywhere too.

An he does make us realize he his handicapped does not stop you doing other things most people can do. He is a Senior now so we won't be seeing him next year wrestling. ....Thank-you for sharing your story...Aloha

PS: Life is not easy...BUT those who believe in themselves...will overcome the many challenges that come forth. Keep the belief strong and forever!

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!

Going up a belt sure feels good. You owe yourself a big present for all the hard work!

Do you ever get to blend your JJ and Kenpo in workouts?

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats!

Going up a belt sure feels good. You owe yourself a big present for all the hard work!

Do you ever get to blend your JJ and Kenpo in workouts?
Thank you. The feeling of satisfaction is my present for me!

Well, I haven't actually tried blending them together in formal workouts and probably will not for a while, but there are some similar moves that DZRJ and Kenpo share. With these moves, I am able to make them better and more efficient. That's not to say I haven't dabbled with blending them during my off time. I do and I can see already how the two styles can work together. I've also seen others who are proficient with both Kenpo and Jujitsu (a different type of JJ) and they blend them very well. I love watching them when they do free style.

- Ceicei

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Today, I got my orange belt.

I showed up for class and my instructor had me work with a partner training on her green belt information. I worked with her for the entire class helping her prepare (and learning new stuff along the way). When the class ended, we gathered to do the closing ritual, my sensei called me to forward to kneel in front of him. I did so and spotted the orange belt behind him. He brought it out. I was surprised and whispered, "I didn't know I was being tested today." He whispered back, "You've been tested already a long time ago. I've been watching you."

I feel pretty good! It's been a while. He probably did it this way as I have apparently earned a reputation as a "test dodger".

So here I am, presenting myself to you as an orange belt student in Danzan Ryu Jujitsu.

- Ceicei

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
WOOT! Congratulations Ceicei!
:partyon:

Cheers!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Ceicei, I missed your OP and the rest of the thread for some reason... I know it's a little late, but congratulations on your promotion. Feels like the greatest thing in the world, doesn't it!

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today, I got my orange belt.

I showed up for class and my instructor had me work with a partner training on her green belt information. I worked with her for the entire class helping her prepare (and learning new stuff along the way). When the class ended, we gathered to do the closing ritual, my sensei called me to forward to kneel in front of him. I did so and spotted the orange belt behind him. He brought it out. I was surprised and whispered, "I didn't know I was being tested today." He whispered back, "You've been tested already a long time ago. I've been watching you."

I feel pretty good! It's been a while. He probably did it this way as I have apparently earned a reputation as a "test dodger".

So here I am, presenting myself to you as an orange belt student in Danzan Ryu Jujitsu.

- Ceicei

CONGRATULATIONS, CEICEI!
:partyon::partyon:

Incidentally, in one art I studied this kind of 'test' was pretty normal. In education, it's sometimes called 'authentic assessment', so I hope you know you earned the rank--your instructor wasn't giving anything away, just used an alternative assessment method. Again, congrats! Way to stick to it. :asian:

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome CC!!!!! Yay!!!!

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your congratulations! Your encouragement means much to me! :uhyeah:

- Ceicei

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good work! Congratulations!

:boing1:

I'm deeply touched by your posting the sign language version of "good work". Your post means a lot to me. Thank you kindly and so much for doing that, sir!

- Ceicei

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, I really love this thread. So inspirational and full useful info. :)

Congrats on BOTH your promotions. Well earned and truly deserved.

Peace,
Erik

Latest Discussions