wing chun

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dude I'm not gonna stop. I'm sure the mods will be along soon enough.[/QUOTE]
No. I already told i dont waste my time on a close ingnorant mind. If you want to change that ask yourself what makes your actions imputant ignorant and close minded.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dude I'm not gonna stop. I'm sure the mods will be along soon enough.
No. I already told i dont waste my time on a close ingnorant mind. If you want to change that ask yourself what makes your actions imputant ignorant and close minded.[/QUOTE]
Really? After you told me to "shhh" for a half dozen posts? After you "disliked" and "funny" rated all my posts? I'm the one that's closed minded and ignorant? I honestly have no clue what your problem is.

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Really? After you told me to "shhh" for a half dozen posts? After you "disliked" and "funny" rated all my posts? I'm the one that's closed minded and ignorant? I honestly have no clue what your problem is.
To answer your questions in order. Yes. Yes. Yes people who attempt to make demands over the aether are hilarious. Yes look at your sentence structure and wording.No ones twisting your arm to continue on child.

I have never tried to force something that I didn't end up breaking.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
To answer your questions in order. Yes. Yes. Yes people who attempt to make demands over the either are hilarious. Yes look at your sentence structure and wording.No ones twisting your arm to continue on child.

I have never tried to force something that I didn't end up breaking.
Dude your above post is full of typos so please don't even bother. You're trying to distract from the fact that you're unwilling to state or discuss your problem. This is a martial arts forum let's discuss martial arts. Your name calling and hypocritical grammar arguments distract from the point or lack thereof. You started this thread, I don't know what kind of personality disorders you suffer from but it's becoming increasingly evident that something is not right here. If I'm wrong I'm willing to discuss it. But first you'd have to tell me what I've said that you think I'd wrong. Right now you're just parroting what I've said. I comment that you're acting like a child and now you're calling me a child. You're acting like a sociopath or someone with personality disorder. So once again I'll ask you, state your problem and let's discuss it.

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
lol, op has got to be one if the biggest tools I've seen on martial arts forums yet. Flying crane was more than respectful and nice, the op just got upset because he heard an opposing opinion. My thoughts on wing chun aside he's not going to be any good teaching himself. I've met more than a few self taught guys, they all vastly overestimate their ability. Fighting ability is not a coy diy skill and to assume it is insults those who have trained hard and long hours legitimately. Op feel free to post some training videos if you're so confident. I'm confident you're dillusional and you've taken offense at legitimate friendly true advice.

Why would I post a video in this thread? I don't do or care about wing chun. I'm not even talking to you but you're welcome to comment. I chimed in because the op seems a little smug about himself and his ability to self teach a martial art. I'm of the opinion that martial arts can be self taught. To think otherwise is imo insulting to people who have invested long hours in proper training. I've met guys who said they know "some" if my art but haven't ever trained it under an instructor, and they know nothing of the art. it's insulting. The op did clear things up though, he's not interested in fighting or doing things properly so it doesn't matter. He's treating it like a dance, that's fine if it makes him happy.

Imagine some one wrote these words to you.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score

Imagine some one wrote these way to you.

Imagine some one wrote these way to you.
Well there's a start! I'm of the opinion that you can't self teach a fighting art. That's what the quoted posts reference. I think that's what other posters told you and you replied a little too smug in my opinion. You might be able to self teach other skills but you can't self teach fighting. If you're not worried about gaining fighting ability it doesn't matter, have at it. However, you can't claim to know an art or tell people you know an art when you have no formal training in that art. I've met guys who have claimed exactly this, they claim to have trained "x" art "a little" in some cases if they have some semblance of humility. But if you have no formal training you don't know an art. I find it insulting that a person thinks they can self teach an art or claim to know an art with no formal instruction. However, if you don't currently have access to an instructor but want to begin learning with the intention to eventually find a proper instructir there is hope. That's my stance, if you don't like it I'm sorry. If I stated it too bluntly I'm sorry.

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dude your above post is full of typos so please don't even bother. You're trying to distract from the fact that you're unwilling to state or discuss your problem. This is a martial arts forum let's discuss martial arts. Your name calling and hypocritical grammar arguments distract from the point or lack thereof. You started this thread, I don't know what kind of personality disorders you suffer from but it's becoming increasingly evident that something is not right here. If I'm wrong I'm willing to discuss it. But first you'd have to tell me what I've said that you think I'd wrong. Right now you're just parroting what I've said. I comment that you're acting like a child and now you're calling me a child. You're acting like a sociopath or someone with personality disorder. So once again I'll ask you, state your problem and let's discuss it.

I'm not the one with a problem. Your the one who began his comments in this thread with insults and talk of your all knowing superiority. Next I don't parrot. I mirror. There is a staunch difference. If the reflection you are shown upsets or disturbes you then perchance you should defenestrate something.

The madman drowns in the same waters the mystic swims in happily.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not the one with a problem. Your the one who began his comments in this thread with insults and talk of your all knowing superiority. Next I don't parrot. I mirror. There is a staunch difference. If the reflection you are shown upsets or disturbes you then perchance you should defenestrate something.

The madman drowns in the same waters the mystic swims in happily.
No, you just can't handle criticism and opinions contrary to your own.

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well there's a start! I'm of the opinion that you can't self teach a fighting art. That's what the quoted posts reference. I think that's what other posters told you and you replied a little too smug in my opinion. You might be able to self teach other skills but you can't self teach fighting. If you're not worried about gaining fighting ability it doesn't matter, have at it. However, you can't claim to know an art or tell people you know an art when you have no formal training in that art. I've met guys who have claimed exactly this, they claim to have trained "x" art "a little" in some cases if they have some semblance of humility. But if you have no formal training you don't know an art. I find it insulting that a person thinks they can self teach an art or claim to know an art with no formal instruction. However, if you don't currently have access to an instructor but want to begin learning with the intention to eventually find a proper instructir there is hope. That's my stance, if you don't like it I'm sorry. If I stated it too bluntly I'm sorry.

And who asked for your opinion? The only thing I wanted to know was if someone on this site could pin point the liniage of the siu lim tau app I downloaded. Not if I was wasteing my time. And frankly I find it just as insulting haveing you compare form based meditation to dancing. if that is the case your 'art' is little more then the acrobatics.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
First of all mook jong and 6.5 have nothing to do with the original form they were added later when wing chun was introduced to the junk boat opera. As for a single video haveing all the information your right but all the videos combined thats a different story.
But all the videos combined use different schools of thought and some of those schools of thought combine to make things that don't necessarily work. To figure out how to combine them properly u need to know what to look for and that means already having received detailed instructions. Also this again leaves out the fact that often you can be doing it wrong and not even know it, but a person watching you, who has knowledge, will be able to point out the error. So even if you had a combanion book that went into all of the minute that the video shows, you could be doing it wrong, getting bad muscle memory, and thus doing bad Martial Arts.

I know in this age of YouTube and Spotify people want everything to be a free lunch but that simply isn't the case.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
But all the videos combined use different schools of thought and some of those schools of thought combine to make things that don't necessarily work. To figure out how to combine them properly u need to know what to look for and that means already having received detailed instructions. Also this again leaves out the fact that often you can be doing it wrong and not even know it, but a person watching you, who has knowledge, will be able to point out the error. So even if you had a combanion book that went into all of the minute that the video shows, you could be doing it wrong, getting bad muscle memory, and thus doing bad Martial Arts.

I know in this age of YouTube and Spotify people want everything to be a free lunch but that simply isn't the case.

Only time will tell. I will be uploading videos would you be willing to point out errors in my form? If not no worries.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only time will tell. I will be uploading videos would you be willing to point out errors in my form? If not no worries.
Sure, if the form you are doing is that used in my Lineage. There are difference, as an example mine doesn't bend the knees in or go pigeon toed. There are some other differences as well, so I would only be comfy doing it if it was the SLT of my Lineage.

OP
M

Mr.J

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sure, if the form you are doing is that used in my Lineage. There are difference, as an example mine doesn't bend the knees in or go pigeon toed. There are some other differences as well, so I would only be comfy doing it if it was the SLT of my Lineage.

Fair enough. Sadly i work with the pigeon to... Maimly bacuse i walk duck footed and it has the bonus of straughtening my stride.

Latest Discussions