Wing Chun and Chi Kung

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
True alot of benefits from the forms. But don't stop there. break down each move and drill it. Do two man drills which move. shadow box with the techniques and free spar with them. Also try the Techinques out on Punching bag, Muay Tai Bag and Centutry Bob hitting Target.

Also Iron Palm goes great with Tai Chi palm Strikes!

True and like you said,only real contact Tai Chi like with any other art...
Chi cultivation does exist within the first form......pay heed to the rules. scoffers and naysayers...hmmm..!!!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Alchemist

Continue sharing with us about the Theory of Chi and Jing...

I will share my little tid bit and you may correct or add upon as you see fit!

There are three main types of Chi
There is the Prenatal or Primordial Chi which is inheredited by the parents Through conception and compulation. The Chi is derived from the congential essence of the parents which is substance it takes to make and embryo IE Spearm and Egg(Menstrual blood/zygote). After birth the Congential Jing is stored in kidneys to promote development of reproductive system as wall control and maintain it. The second Formation of Chi comes from the very foods you eat. The food you eat is distributed all across the body producing nutrients and Chi. This sometimes called Nutritive Chi. The Chi is carried through your body via the blood under the direction of the spleen and stomach. Then the third accumlation of Chi comes from the very Air you breathe. Fresh air is enhaled by the lung is in fact the main source of Chi through out the human body. The Chi in the human body is very much dependant on Kidneys, Lungs, Spleen and Stomach.

Now there are Four Classification of Chi. But I won't delved into that right now. They are similiar to three I just named but also intel of desired functions and processes needed to keep the body running smoothly.

What is Chi? Chi is Energy or Air
What is Kung? Kung is skill or Work
What Chi Kung? Air work or Energy Work
What is Jing? Jing is your spearm or essence

Jing is basically known as Kidney Essence.

There are three main Jewels or Treasures
Chi=Energy/Breath
Shen=Spirit/soul
Jing=Kidey Essence/Sperm

Also there is YI = mind/intent I would love to hear Jade talk more about the Yi in relation to your Chi and Jing.

Jing is the most dense phyiscal matter in the body. Jing is material basis for the human body and is Yin in Nature. The Jing is stored in the Kidneys. The Jing actually creates marrow and semen. You have prenatal jing known as Yuan Chi. But you acquire more Jing from Exercise(Wing Chun Practice)Study, Meditation and even food. Chi Kung is dedicated to replenishing post natal Jing. Since prenatal Jing can not be renewed once consumed. Walking the Circle helps to preserve prenatal Jing and accumlate post natal jing/ Ginseng is great herb to utlize for Jing and Chi Accumlation.

Now when you practice Wing Chun Forms you are doing both Nei Gong(Internal Work) and Wai Gong(External Work).

Neija means Internal
Wai means External

Neigong is a set of Chinese breathing and meditation exercises. When you practice Sil Lim Tao you are meditating on circulation of Chi from you Dan Tien to your limbs up your spine to your brain etc etc. You also utilize the breathe. That means breath out when you punch tan sau etc. Breath in during retraction. Even with Wu Sau Fook Sau. Breath in bringing Wu Sau closer to body. Breath out pushing Fook Sau away from the body.

When you strecth meditate on your Chi and moving it through your body.

When you do stance work meditate on your Chi to cyclone it through your body.

In time you will be able to feel your Chi first maybe in your finger tips, Then hands then arms and then legs and feet. An all through out your body.

But I will let you elaborate more on that Mr. Chinese Alchemy.

Jade you spoke of men not ejactulating. Well some men do so for iron body studies. Here is some text I located for you talking about another reason for stopping ejactulation:

Men have to get aroused almost to the point of ejaculation, then mentally concentrate on making the semen flow upwards instead, along the spine and then into the head area.. This act is called "reverting the semen to nourish the brain" Once a man has mastered this and no longer ejaculates, he then has "subdued the white tiger" The energy can then circulate in what is called the "microcosmic orbit" A "pearl of dew" forms in the abdominal cinnabar which is where the divine chi is made. The more chi that circulates through your body builds up a stronger and purer chi which is what you desire for immortality. The more you have, the stronger your chi.

And as for women:
Women to preserve chi are first subject to follow a diet with lighter bland foods and mediations which will make the red menstrual blood rise upwards. This will leave only a clear coloured fluid or chi. You want this clear coloured chi because it means you are not losing any vitality and can eventually achieve immortality. After the women has depleted the red blood from her menstrual blood, it is known that she has "decapitated the red dragon,"which stabilizes chi. The menstrual blood is brought upward monthly forming the female "pearl of dew". The layers are built up forming a strong chi. The "pearl of dew" is present in every women from birth, but disappears during every monthly cycle, losing the chi in the body.

So I take Jade your into acheiving immortality?

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What is Jing? Jing is your spearm or essence
Not quite Jing just means essence of something. Sperm is called Jing Zhi.

Shen=Spirit/soul
Shen=spirit Soul=Hun

Also there is YI = mind/intent I would love to hear Jade talk more about the Yi in relation to your Chi and Jing.
You would have to ask a question or wait until someone says to many incorrect things in which I go on a rant about it lol.

prenatal jing known as Yuan Chi
Not quite Yuan meaning orginal so Yuan Jing would be prenatal Jing which become Yuan Qi.
But you acquire more Jing from Exercise
I am guessing you are not talking about Yuan Jing right?

Walking the Circle helps to preserve prenatal Jing and accumlate post natal jing/ Ginseng is great herb to utlize for Jing and Chi Accumlation
Walking the circle as in Baguazhang? I have not heard of this is able to preserve prenatal Jing. If you are loosing Jing thru Sex,Thru the Ming men gates and are not taking care of the Kidneys I don't see how walking the circle will benefit unless you are preventing and taking care of the said problems. Ginseng is a great herb if you know the correct amount and the correct time to take it.

I don't know how Wingchun does there Qigong exercises. I would think most would have it go from Qihai up the Spine then down the arm but as long as it follows the correct flow I don't see it as the way you mention to be much of a problem either.
But I will let you elaborate more on that Mr. Chinese Alchemy.
I hope Mr. Chinese Alchemy speaks too would be nice to have another Alchemist on here.

Jade you spoke of men not ejactulating. Well some men do so for iron body studies.
I don't study Iron body but I imagine such a form would want you to reserve your jing and convert it into Qi. If you are letting loose your Jing you are not able to build up Qi. So I don't know how you can practice Iron body. But Dale Dugas can explain it better since he practices this. I don't know how you are going to convert and build up Qi into the channels if you keep loosing Jing and having your channels full of Qi I would think is a requirement for Iron body.

So I take Jade your into acheiving immortality?

I have no idea what you mean by immortality.

I wil say this though what you are speaking about is Sexual Alchemy and Almost noone is teaching that and those who say they are I doubt they are legit.

And what you have said concerning trying to stop the ejaculation will cause stagnation in Hui Yin. There are correct ways to engage in Sexual Alchemy but you have to be almost emotionally deattached and do specific things to achieve the results. "The more chi that circulates through your body builds up a stronger and purer chi which is what you desire for immortality"=Nope this is not true.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your opinions with us. Great.

not quite jing just means essence of something. Sperm is called jing zhi.

Shen=spirit soul=hun

you would have to ask a question or wait until someone says to many incorrect things in which i go on a rant about it lol.

Not quite yuan meaning orginal so yuan jing would be prenatal jing which become yuan qi.
I am guessing you are not talking about yuan jing right?

Walking the circle as in baguazhang? I have not heard of this is able to preserve prenatal jing. If you are loosing jing thru sex,thru the ming men gates and are not taking care of the kidneys i don't see how walking the circle will benefit unless you are preventing and taking care of the said problems. Ginseng is a great herb if you know the correct amount and the correct time to take it.

I don't know how wingchun does there qigong exercises. I would think most would have it go from qihai up the spine then down the arm but as long as it follows the correct flow i don't see it as the way you mention to be much of a problem either.
I hope mr. Chinese alchemy speaks too would be nice to have another alchemist on here.

I don't study iron body but i imagine such a form would want you to reserve your jing and convert it into qi. If you are letting loose your jing you are not able to build up qi. So i don't know how you can practice iron body. But dale dugas can explain it better since he practices this. I don't know how you are going to convert and build up qi into the channels if you keep loosing jing and having your channels full of qi i would think is a requirement for iron body.

I have no idea what you mean by immortality.

I wil say this though what you are speaking about is sexual alchemy and almost noone is teaching that and those who say they are i doubt they are legit.

And what you have said concerning trying to stop the ejaculation will cause stagnation in hui yin. There are correct ways to engage in sexual alchemy but you have to be almost emotionally deattached and do specific things to achieve the results. "the more chi that circulates through your body builds up a stronger and purer chi which is what you desire for immortality"=nope this is not true.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Before I go further I need to say this post appears to be getting a bit hostile (ex Mr. Chinese Alchemy) but maybe I am getting the wrong impression. However to the point what JadecloudAlchemist said in his last post is fact not opinion if you are honestly looking at this form a Chinese perspective which is where Qi study came from. For example Shen translates to spirit and to a Chinese person spirit does not mean soul. To define spirit as soul is most definitely a Western interpretation, NOT Chinese.

Shen=spirit Soul=Hun

Thank You :asian:

That one right there confuses more Westerners and makes them take it down a spiritual path it was never meant to go down.

Shen = Spirit (NOT soul)
Jing = Essence
Qi = Energy

Qi is not be spirit or Shen in Qigong, CMA or Traditional Chinese Medicine, although Shen does control Qi, it is not Qi and Shen is not soul

Thinking in the Chinese terminology with the Chinese definition shen is what keeps you alive and it is what controls Qi, when your Shen is strong your Qi is strong. The root of the Shen is your mind, Yi (aka intention) again not spiritual and not soul

Qi come from converting Jing from the food you eat and the air you breathe and there is Jing you inherited from your parents.

So going by the Chinese definition used in CMA, TCM and Qigong, qi is not spirit it is shen and shen is not soul

And as stated there are various types of Jing but it is the original Jing that you inherit form your parents that is the most important, it is the base, if you will, to grow on. This is what must be protected to maintain health and to live a long life. You cannot increase this, what qigong does is improve the quality of it.

And lastly

This could be a difference between Cantonese and Mandarin but looking at it from a Mandarin POV

nèijiā usually refers to internal styles of Chinese martial arts
wàijiā external styles of Chinese martial arts

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay Mr Sheng. I am sorry for the appearance of Hostility. I veiw hostility different than you. But since you feel that way I address Mr Jade differently. Actually. I got Chinese Alchemy from my studies.

There is Sexual Alchemy of course. But I assume Jade would be more suited for Chinese Alchemy...There is another term such as Spiritual Alchemy. But all of those fall under Chinese Alchemy...An he is Jade Alchemy...lol..Anyway I get your point very good. Thank you please share more of your thoughts and views?

Before I go further I need to say this post appears to be getting a bit hostile (ex Mr. Chinese Alchemy) but maybe I am getting the wrong impression. However to the point what JadecloudAlchemist said in his last post is fact not opinion if you are honestly looking at this form a Chinese perspective which is where Qi study came from. For example Shen translates to spirit and to a Chinese person spirit does not mean soul. To define spirit as soul is most definitely a Western interpretation, NOT Chinese.

Thank You :asian:

That one right there confuses more Westerners and makes them take it down a spiritual path it was never meant to go down.

Shen = Spirit (NOT soul)
Jing = Essence
Qi = Energy

Qi is not be spirit or Shen in Qigong, CMA or Traditional Chinese Medicine, although Shen does control Qi, it is not Qi and Shen is not soul

Thinking in the Chinese terminology with the Chinese definition shen is what keeps you alive and it is what controls Qi, when your Shen is strong your Qi is strong. The root of the Shen is your mind, Yi (aka intention) again not spiritual and not soul

Qi come from converting Jing from the food you eat and the air you breathe and there is Jing you inherited from your parents.

So going by the Chinese definition used in CMA, TCM and Qigong, qi is not spirit it is shen and shen is not soul

And as stated there are various types of Jing but it is the original Jing that you inherit form your parents that is the most important, it is the base, if you will, to grow on. This is what must be protected to maintain health and to live a long life. You cannot increase this, what qigong does is improve the quality of it.

And lastly

This could be a difference between Cantonese and Mandarin but looking at it from a Mandarin POV

nèijiā usually refers to internal styles of Chinese martial arts
wàijiā external styles of Chinese martial arts

Latest Discussions