Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Art bashing is not permitted.
Here's a brief explanation why Taekwondo will get you beaten or killed on the streets.

No situational awareness - The first problem is the lack of situational awareness. No one's going to "fight" you. It's going to be an unexpected attack. For example, heard of this Taekwondo practitioner who was approached by a beggar. Suddenly, the beggar attacked him. Taekwondo practitioner tried landing his kicks, but failed. He got punched at close range and laid out. He later quit Taekwondo and joined a self defense school.

No weapons
- Second biggest problem is the lack of weapons. Several gunmen pulled up on Taekwondo practitioners. They opened fire and killed them. Others got stabbed or slashed to death. These aren't amateurs either. These are people who served in the army and considered "unstoppable."

Multiple attackers - Heard one or two TKD practitioners get jumped by multiple people.

It's for these reasons, TKD will get you beaten or killed in self defense. You need to be realistic in your self defense training. You can't train for sport and expect it to work in the streets.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I could make reasoned arguments, but I really can't be bothered because it's just not worth the effort.

Instead, I bring you:

d61d97f21656abd11178e0acc8fa8aa5.jpg

1h9fi5.jpg

the-farce-is-wxpmt9.jpg

jzn6g7.jpg

yoda-butthurt.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How exactly do you expect to deal with gunmen opening fire on you? You realize theres nothing you can really do for that, besides hide, run, and call the police?

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How exactly do you expect to deal with gunmen opening fire on you? You realize theres nothing you can really do for that, besides hide, run, and call the police?

You can pull your guns out and return fire.

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How many guns do you carry on you everywhere you go?

I don't carry any because i live in a safe neighborhood now. If i were to travel to dangerous areas however, i'd probably buy some.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
When will we see the "Isaiah90 will get you killed in self defense" video and thread?

Reactions: pdg

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No weapons - Second biggest problem is the lack of weapons. Several gunmen pulled up on Taekwondo practitioners.
Were these gunmen, Nerf gunmen? If so then these Taekwondo practitioners should have signed up for Isaiah90's online SD course... no wait, that didn't work either, he got Nerfed every time.

Reactions: pdg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't carry any because i live in a safe neighborhood now. If i were to travel to dangerous areas however, i'd probably buy some.
Youd buy some? You dont own any? If you accidentally end up in a dangerous area, youre going to get killed. It takes a bit of time to buy them, and time to train how to use them, and according to you, thats the only effective self defense.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Youd buy some? You dont own any? If you accidentally end up in a dangerous area, youre going to get killed. It takes a bit of time to buy them, and time to train how to use them, and according to you, thats the only effective self defense.

He will learn

he will as he has leaned MA ....................................................................................................................you tube

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I suggest we all put this fellow on ignore, and eventually he will go away when nobody responds to his pointless threads anymore.

He wants attention. If you give it to him, even negative attention, he will keep posting more.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here's a brief explanation why Taekwondo will get you beaten or killed on the streets.

No situational awareness - The first problem is the lack of situational awareness. No one's going to "fight" you. It's going to be an unexpected attack. For example, heard of this Taekwondo practitioner who was approached by a beggar. Suddenly, the beggar attacked him. Taekwondo practitioner tried landing his kicks, but failed. He got punched at close range and laid out. He later quit Taekwondo and joined a self defense school.

No weapons
- Second biggest problem is the lack of weapons. Several gunmen pulled up on Taekwondo practitioners. They opened fire and killed them. Others got stabbed or slashed to death. These aren't amateurs either. These are people who served in the army and considered "unstoppable."

Multiple attackers - Heard one or two TKD practitioners get jumped by multiple people.

It's for these reasons, TKD will get you beaten or killed in self defense. You need to be realistic in your self defense training. You can't train for sport and expect it to work in the streets.

Are you going to go through every art ?

Are you now suggesting that TKD teaches weapons now and if so what weapons?

Are you seriously trying to say that your vids are realistic?

Actually I don't think anyone has asked this but are your arguments actually yours or are you getting them elsewhere?

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I suggest we all put this fellow on ignore, and eventually he will go away when nobody responds to his pointless threads anymore.

He wants attention. If you give it to him, even negative attention, he will keep posting more.

You may have a very valid point there

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Are you going to go through every art ?

Are you now suggesting that TKD teaches weapons now and if so what weapons?

Are you seriously trying to say that your vids are realistic?

Actually I don't think anyone has asked this but are your arguments actually yours or are you getting them elsewhere?

No

Yes

Yes

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will ensure he covers every style of fighting in how it can get you killed. Time to order some encyclopedias and historical comparative treatises. :p

don't leave it to the guys who know bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions