Martial Arts and Self-Defense

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
sorry i'm overly pashionete about coung nhu and the art of love. mostly since the art is mostly about living WITHOUT fighting, i mean hay cougn nhu was made seriously popular by -pause for dramitic effect- HIPPIES, yes pacifics are probly the main reason coung nhu is at all

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
can i just say this about that.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO INSULTED IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING!

evil monkeys.

Sweet Brighit Bless your blade, and wake up those dumb -blank- that make that stupid website, or punish that's just as good, right???

John

wtf?

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:

evil monkeys.

Sweet Brighit Bless your blade, and wake up those dumb -blank- that make that stupid website, or punish that's just as good, right???

John

What, in the name of Zues' butthole, (name that actor and movie, its an easy one) are you talking about?

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
cougn nhu was made seriously popular by -pause for dramitic effect- HIPPIES, yes pacifics are probly the main reason coung nhu is at all
Coung Nhu is popular? I need to get out more. (jking by the way)

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:

evil monkeys.

John
So, was there something specific that you didn't like about the article?
coungnhuka said:
sorry i'm overly pashionete about coung nhu and the art of love. mostly since the art is mostly about living WITHOUT fighting, i mean hay cougn nhu was made seriously popular by -pause for dramitic effect- HIPPIES, yes pacifics are probly the main reason coung nhu is at all
A Martial-art popularized by pacifists?...never mind :rolleyes: . Just out of curiosity, what did this post have to do with your original post, or with the article in question?

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i would hardly call ueshiba a pacifist in his younger days......he was known as somewhat of a dojo buster.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm ticked because martial arts apparently need to "justify" themselves by making up stuff. And yes coung nhu was very popular, in like the 1960s - 1970s, in the university of Florida. The dojo actually got so big that for a good long while they were training in the football field. Although now Coung Nhu is very unpopular. I think it has something to do with all the stuff about martial art must equal self-defense, or be sport, or around for a while. And my second post is really just a rant, sorry about that mates.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
I'm ticked because martial arts apparently need to "justify" themselves by making up stuff. And yes coung nhu was very popular, in like the 1960s - 1970s, in the university of Florida. The dojo actually got so big that for a good long while they were training in the football field. Although now Coung Nhu is very unpopular. I think it has something to do with all the stuff about martial art must equal self-defense, or be sport, or around for a while. And my second post is really just a rant, sorry about that mates.

John
Popular for only 10 years at ONE university on the face of the earth? Yep that's popularity alright. Now I'm even more certain I need to get out more :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do remember it briefly getting lots of attention in Black Belt etc. Then it seemed to fade away.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
KempoJitsu, that was rather rude. i need a hug now (and thats a joke by the way). And thank you Arnisador. Hay were could I find some of those articles?

John

Latest Discussions