who demonstarted the better training in karate kid ?

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen the new one yet, but I do know that Jayden actually studied martial arts before the movie and Ralph only had about 6 months of prep training for his role.

Well considering that the Daniel character was supposed to only have had a little bit of training in the movie before meeting Mr Myagi he was a better fit.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old thread but I have to go with the original. To me it just seemed to be a better all around movie i.e. action, drama, humor yet very serious at points and even a little romance tossed in. I liked the sequel as well but not necessarily the third one. Should have stopped after the second.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I lost all respect for this movie when I saw the preview where Jackie Chan is mixing it up and doing all those cool moves with 'whoosh' sound effects.... fighting twelve year olds.

At least Johny and the other Cobra Kai black belts were six to ten inches taller than Pat Morita in the original. Of course, they were all eighteen too. Watching a senior citizen whoop a bunch of eighteen year old karate black belts who train in a 'no mercy' school told the viewer that that senior citizen was not to be trifled with. Chan fending off twelve year olds is just pathetic.

Daniel
Watch it again. He did it all without hurting them. It was a lesson on control. I can't believe you said this!!!! :)