Whats your training schedule like?

OP
Thunder Foot

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
pstarr said:
Insofar as martial arts goes, weight training should be technique specific. If you're putting in a lot of time with weight lifting, you need to make a choice between martial arts or body building-

Weightlifting can be a valuable tool in improving your Martial technique. To make a choice between one or the other defeats my purpose, as my weightlifting is supplementary to my training. :asian:

OP
Thunder Foot

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Christina05 said:
I was in the same boat weigh training and training four days a week. Your best bet is to either alternate days between the lifting and the training other wise your going to burn out fast, Also make sure you take a day off during the week. Try treating it like runners schedule create a week of nothing but low impact activities and see how it works out for you. Good luck and happy training

Thanks, currently I take 3 consecutive days off from both. I train mon-thurs and have Fri-Sun off. It allows my body to heal from both lifting and training. I may try a rest day in the middle of the week however.

When you were training and weight training, did you notice a bit of over-exhaustion?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been taking Aikido classes at least five times a week, and about 6-8 hours/week total. I've been taking at least one day off during the week to rest my body a little. Saturdays are LONG training days for me, since I have 1.5 hours of Aikido in the morning, and 4 hours of Yagyu Shinkage Ryu in the afternoon.

Latest Discussions