What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy hendrix was NOT the greatest guitar player of all time. He was like a 2 year old throwing paint at the wall and calling it modern art.
His singing was awful and he should’ve tried tuning his guitar once in a while (EVH & Vai fan😉)

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A film/drama can immediately be judged as worthy of turning off if: begins with a scene with someone being pursued, breathlessly through a forest, includes a scene with a person walking in slow motion toward the camera and away from a huge fiery explosion, dropping to the ground in that hero crouching pose.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ugly what I wrote, wasn't it? But wait, it gets worse.....

If you go down the list of mass shootings at U.S. schools, most of the killers turned the guns on themselves after killing classmates and teachers. Several others were killed by police, and a few were taken into custody alive.

Two are now out of prison. They were arrested in a state that, at the time, could not charge juveniles as adults (the law in that state as since been changed) But they probably learned their lesson in Juvie lockup. Or have they?

One has since been arrested with….wait for it…. an illegal handgun. The other is now applying for a concealed carry permit under a different name - which he legally changed. And unlike registered sex offenders, nobody who ends up living next to them will even know they're there. There is currently no registration for “freed mass murderers”. Until they go off again, which I’ll bet my thumbs they do. Maybe they’ll live next to one of us. Or next to one of our grown children and their babies. Nobody will even know they’re there. Until you know when.

If you don't think there's a chance of that, my brother, go talk to Santa Claus. :)

That made me check to see if our guy was still locked up.

And never coming out.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A film/drama can immediately be judged as worthy of turning off if: begins with a scene with someone being pursued, breathlessly through a forest, includes a scene with a person walking in slow motion toward the camera and away from a huge fiery explosion, dropping to the ground in that hero crouching pose.

Possibly one of JVCD,s best movies started pretty much like that.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ is rubbish. It labours the point and the ending just ‘falls’ on you with no subtlety.

‘The Bishop’s Wife’ (Cary Grant and David Niven) is a far superior Christmas film.

I have a feeling of deja vu….😳

Last edited:

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Should I have a cheat day & order that Pizza 🍕 Hawaii tonight...After all it's got pineapples on it 😉

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A hot dog on a bun is a sandwich.

Cheesecake is not a cake. It is just a big tart.

Pineapple on pizzas isn’t a big deal. It’s just not very good.

Latest Discussions