In Light of the Zimmerman Verdict, a Modest Proposal

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bonobos aren't monkeys. The fact that they hunt them only shows that they eat other tasty species. Big deal. Their intraspecies behavior is still opposite your assertion that humans evolved to be violent and aggressive and that chimps give us a clue into our evolutionary past.

In any case, humans aren't monkeys, bonobos, or chimps, and their behavior overall might not have anything to tell us about the "nature" of humanity. What we do know about a humans ability to learn is that culture imprints very easily upon the brain. Some cultures are more violent than others. This might have been a successful strategy for survival at one time, but as humans begin to have the ability to communicate on a mass scale and as they grow closer and closer together, this violence seems to be losing some of it's effectiveness as a successful survival strategy. Simply put, violence causes too much chaos to allow people to prosper.

That said, I think you are mistaken to think that I would want to put to death all of the idiots around me. That would make the world a very lonely place and my bonobo nature needs some sweet loving from time to time. :ladysman:

And some tasty animals of a species other than mine. :rofl:

I do believe the term was primate...
our close relatives are commonly referred to as apes...Gorillas, chimps, Orangutans...Bonobos...
They - Chimps - are rather cunning when it comes to hunting their other close relatives of the various primate species, commonly referred to as monkeys. They hang out with the band, make friends with them, and then BAM, snatch a critter, rip it to pieces and off they go.
Reminds me of another discussion, where a lady proclaimed that humans are a) not superior to animals, or rather some (many) times inferior to them....

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That said, I think you are mistaken to think that I would want to put to death all of the idiots around me. That would make the world a very lonely place and my bonobo nature needs some sweet loving from time to time. :ladysman:
. :rofl:

I don't know what you want. I only know that the notion of killing idiots out of hand isn't in conflict with your ideas of anarchy-er,, self-regulating, non-governmental society. At least, you haven't identified how it is, other than to say that you don't like it.....:lfao:

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Bonobos aren't monkeys.

You called them "monkeys." I never did. :lfao:

The fact that they hunt them only shows that they eat other tasty species. Big deal. Their intraspecies behavior is still opposite your assertion that humans evolved to be violent and aggressive and that chimps give us a clue into our evolutionary past.

No. Their intraspecies behavior is the same as other chimpanzees-just with lots more sex, of all kinds, for all kinds of reasons.

In any case, humans aren't monkeys, bonobos, or chimps, and their behavior overall might not have anything to tell us about the "nature" of humanity. What we do know about a humans ability to learn is that culture imprints very easily upon the brain. Some cultures are more violent than others. This might have been a successful strategy for survival at one time, but as humans begin to have the ability to communicate on a mass scale and as they grow closer and closer together, this violence seems to be losing some of it's effectiveness as a successful survival strategy. Simply put, violence causes too much chaos to allow people to prosper.

There are, in fact, all kinds of "violence." Once you recognize this, you realize that the violent prosper-and others prosper because of the violent.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nope. You're wrong and have proven yourself stupid for disagreeing with me. Prepare yourself accordingly. Lol.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Nope. You're wrong and have proven yourself stupid for disagreeing with me. Prepare yourself accordingly. Lol.

Well, hell,Johnny-if you're feeling froggy, go ahead and jump.

I haven't killed anyone since....well,it's been quite some time......been looking forward to it, though. Do you really want to go to that corner with me? :lfao:

Who's the stupid one, now? :lfao: (I am so not "lmao" right now, btw.)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, hell,Johnny-if you're feeling froggy, go ahead and jump.

I haven't killed anyone since....well,it's been quite some time......been looking forward to it, though. Do you really want to go to that corner with me?

Who's the stupid one, now? :lfao: (I am so not "lmao" right now, btw.)

Actually, I only said "prepare yourself accordingly." And you might not have said "Monkey" but your article did it for you. :lfao:

I'm not going to threaten you, Jeff. Only governments do that. :lfao: