In Light of the Zimmerman Verdict, a Modest Proposal

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
IMO this thread smells like a re-purposed "appeal to authority".

QFT.

The idea that you can just kill someone for opening their "stupid" mouth is something our society has evolved beyond...hopefully. That kind of society has existed, it's called the Dark Ages. Humanity seems to flash back to that every once in awhile, especially when cynical old curmudgeons with power don't like what they are hearing and don't have internal fortitude to consider humility.

So, lets be perfectly clear about what we're really discussing. Violence. Should violence or the threat of violence be used on people with opinions? If you think yes, then I'm sure you love the fact that the NSA is spying on every snippet of electronic communication and that with the NDAA you can be tossed into a hole and forgotten.

I'm sure almost everyone with a conscience is against the former even if they might consider the latter, because they recognize that these are the means to actually reach that end. Which begs the question, why even consider that end?

"Words are wind."

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
QFT.

The idea that you can just kill someone for opening their "stupid" mouth is something our society has evolved beyond...hopefully. That kind of society has existed, it's called the Dark Ages. Humanity seems to flash back to that every once in awhile, especially when cynical old curmudgeons with power don't like what they are hearing and don't have internal fortitude to consider humility.

Nah. That kind of society has always existed-still does, really. The only reason it doesn't is because we have rules against it: society may have evolved beyond the idea that you can just kill someone for opening their "stupid" mouth, but most of its members clearly have not. Why not just let us have our way?

So, lets be perfectly clear about what we're really discussing. Violence. Should violence or the threat of violence be used on people with opinions? If you think yes, then I'm sure you love the fact that the NSA is spying on every snippet of electronic communication and that with the NDAA you can be tossed into a hole and forgotten.

Yep. We've got one, why not have the other?

Should violence or the threat of violence be used on people with opinions?

You mean, it's not? :lfao:

As for the NSA-that's nothing new, John; it's really been going on all of our lives-since the early 70's or late 60's.

We never had a chance-we should at least have a chance to make stupid MF'ers STFU. :lfao:

I'm sure almost everyone with a conscience is against the former even if they might consider the latter, because they recognize that these are the means to actually reach that end. Which begs the question, why even consider that end?

"Words are wind."

Actually not sure that I have a "conscience," so I can't speak for those who do-I'm truly neither against the former or the latter-less stupid people sounds like a better world to me, what do I care about means, when the end completely justifies them?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That society still exists today. I've talked to killers that only killed someone because they "disrespected" them. Or where saying "lies" about me.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah. That kind of society has always existed-still does, really. The only reason it doesn't is because we have rules against it: society may have evolved beyond the idea that you can just kill someone for opening their "stupid" mouth, but most of its members clearly have not. Why not just let us have our way?

As for the NSA-that's nothing new, John; it's really been going on all of our lives-since the early 70's or late 60's.

We never had a chance-we should at least have a chance to make stupid MF'ers STFU. :lfao:

Actually not sure that I have a "conscience," so I can't speak for those who do-I'm truly neither against the former or the latter-less stupid people sounds like a better world to me, what do I care about means, when the end completely justifies them?

:bs::hb:

I have a better idea. You don't like what someone says on the internet, kill yourself.

:seppuku:

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
:bs::hb:

I have a better idea. You don't like what someone says on the internet, kill yourself.

:seppuku:

Goodness, John. I wasn't merely confining this notion to the Interwebs....I mean the guy who hacks me off on line at the grocery store. Or in traffic. Or at church.

Seriously. "The Internet?"

And, kill myself? Really? Frankly, I have a hard time imagining doing so-even with my health circumstances, I have a hard time imagining things getting that dire.

You do know, of course, that most of what people say-in person, or on the Internet, really doesn't bother me at all...

n any case, which part of what I said calls for raising the "BS" flag?

People don't kill each other over "stupidity" because they fear getting caught.

Society uses violence-and the threat of violence-to curtail man's natural violent tendencies.

Justified use of violence falls under amorphous and arbitrary rules in various jurisdictions.

Which part of what I said could possibly be BS?

Last edited:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And, kill myself? Really? Frankly, I have a hard time imagining doing so-even with my health circumstances, I have a hard time imagining things getting that dire.

Don't be a *****. Society has moved on and now has rules against killing other people for being idiots, however, you can always kill yourself in the presence of idiots in order to make a statement. I propose that we start a website called suicide tube where people can end it all in public. Can't handle global warming deniers? Can't handle 9/11 truthers? Blow your brains out, that'll show those idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Don't be a *****. Society has moved on and now has rules against killing other people for being idiots, however, you can always kill yourself in the presence of idiots in order to make a statement. I propose that we start a website called suicide tube where people can end it all in public. Can't handle global warming deniers? Can't handle 9/11 truthers? Blow your brains out, that'll show those idiots.

[video]
[/video]

No, really-it's quite impossible, just as it is for most of my kind. I can't kill myself-except, perhaps, should my physical suffering get too great to bear. In which case, I'll simply take a nap, and not wake up.

I like your idea, though-it has merit.

If only there were some way to make money from it.......:lfao:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
No, really-it's quite impossible, just as it is for most of my kind. I can't kill myself-except, perhaps, should my physical suffering get too great to bear. In which case, I'll simply take a nap, and not wake up.

I like your idea, though-it has merit.

If only there were some way to make money from it.......:lfao:

Pay per view!! It could work!!!

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
"Society uses violence-or the threat of violence-to curtail man's natural violent tendencies."

Seems to me that this echoes some of your ideas, John......just sayin'.....:lol:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

We don't already? What happens to an academic with a dissenting viewpoint? Or a politician who doesn't toe the party line well enough? We may have "evolved" beyond outright killing them -- but I know an academic who participates online essentially in disguise, going to very great lengths to protect his/her identity even in places that I cannot possibly believe that he/she would have any realistic concerns about their colleagues finding out, let alone identifying them. (Out of courtesy and respect for their concerns, I'm not identifying whether or not they're on this forum, or even using specific descriptors.)

Oh, joy... A self-admitted psychopath with intimate knowledge of nuke science. That's never played out badly on TV...

Though I could certainly handle fewer stupid folks. Every cop with more than about an hour on the street would love to have a "stupid in public" or "too stupid to breathe" charge available. Summary execution for the latter doesn't sound too terrible...

Last edited:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Society uses violence-or the threat of violence-to curtail man's natural violent tendencies."

Seems to me that this echoes some of your ideas, John......just sayin'.....:lol:

I'm not sure humans are naturally violent and aggressive. In fact, cross cultural studies show the opposite. Of course this doesn't matter if the society you are born in raises violent and aggressive children. A person has to swim in the water they are born.

Either way, it would be an improvement if people who couldn't handle someone's contrary words and would rather see the idiots die, would simply kill themselves. The insistent whining about other peoples idiocy and what to do about it would finally end.

And Forrest Gump would be correct, "stupid is as stupid does."

I can live with that.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I'm not sure humans are naturally violent and aggressive. In fact, cross cultural studies show the opposite. Of course this doesn't matter if the society you are born in raises violent and aggressive children. A person has to swim in the water they are born.

Naturally violent and aggressive for sure.

We are, after all, just naked apes.

Apes are violent and aggressive. Always? No.

Look at our closest primate relative, though, the chimpanzee-watch them at play,.they destroy things, just as humans do......violent fun.

Either way, it would be an improvement if people who couldn't handle someone's contrary words and would rather see the idiots die, would simply kill themselves. The insistent whining about other peoples idiocy and what to do about it would finally end.

Whining? What whining? :lfao:

Nope. Much better if we could kill a few idiots off-it would be far more productive, anyway....:lol:

(Still puzzled at how you can advocate anarchy and disagree with this?)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Eh, Bonobos are just as close to humans as Chimps and their solution to organizing society is more fun, IMHO. **** for peace.

Also, I wouldn't classify myself as advocating Anarchy. I think we have anarchy a plenty in our society now. The Rule of Law is a myth. The reality is that whoever has the might and/or the gold makes and breaks the rules. That is effectively anarchy.

I prefer real order over the "anarchy" we have.

Anyway, the kill the idiots idea. AKA, this person is stupid, therefore "we" should do X to that person. In other words, here is your ancient recipe for tyranny. It's the idea that another somehow has the ability or the right to control another person's life. Such a "lovely" thought. So, I say that all of the people who feel like this need to get over it and handle their own lives or just kill themselves.

The world would be freer, happier, more intelligent and more reasonable because all of the real idiots who think they can judge others and run their lives would be gone.

And it would dissolve the government...lol.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Eh, Bonobos are just as close to humans as Chimps and their solution to organizing society is more fun, IMHO. **** for peace.

Actually, bonobos may be closer-and they are chimps. They even, apparently, organize their society the same way-just with more ****ing. It's one with aggressive male dominance, characterized by violence, aggression and even-like regular chimpanzees-hunting smaller primates.

Also, I wouldn't classify myself as advocating Anarchy.

Ri-iiight. :rolleyes:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
So, bonobos hunt other monkeys. Big deal. We should be asking if they kill idiots.

Hey dude, you're the one who offered them up as a "better model" of primate society because of their "make love not war" tendencies. I just pointed out that you were WRONG, and that they're just another primate-LIKE US.

In any case, I'd say that the other monkeys who get near bonobos qualify as idiots....:lol:

Seriously, how do you figure that someone who doesn't want government of any sort (as you've posted) isn't an anarchist?

And how do you reconcile your hatred of government coercion-when one of the things it coerces us from is our natural, God given violent tendencies- against advocating against simply killing idiots, when it's just what all of us want to do? Including, I might presume to add, you.

Last edited:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bonobos aren't monkeys. The fact that they hunt them only shows that they eat other tasty species. Big deal. Their intraspecies behavior is still opposite your assertion that humans evolved to be violent and aggressive and that chimps give us a clue into our evolutionary past.

In any case, humans aren't monkeys, bonobos, or chimps, and their behavior overall might not have anything to tell us about the "nature" of humanity. What we do know about a humans ability to learn is that culture imprints very easily upon the brain. Some cultures are more violent than others. This might have been a successful strategy for survival at one time, but as humans begin to have the ability to communicate on a mass scale and as they grow closer and closer together, this violence seems to be losing some of it's effectiveness as a successful survival strategy. Simply put, violence causes too much chaos to allow people to prosper.

That said, I think you are mistaken to think that I would want to put to death all of the idiots around me. That would make the world a very lonely place and my bonobo nature needs some sweet loving from time to time. :ladysman:

And some tasty animals of a species other than mine. :rofl: