What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dark city was better than the matrix.
Whoa...
Dude.
Toilet paper is supposed to hang from the front.

There are legitimate sanitary reasons for this.
Here's the patent. Sorry.

th
Unless you own a cat. Then you hang it so it hangs in the back.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude.
Toilet paper is supposed to hang from the front.

There are legitimate sanitary reasons for this.
Here's the patent. Sorry.

th

Tames and Steve are correct. This is just a cat toy. How sanitary is that?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A bakery near me is making toilet paper roll size cakes and decorating them to look like toilet paper......people are buying them so fast she has had to hire 2 people and the waiting list is so long folk have to order them and then it will take 2 weeks before they get one. Hopefully they are not trying to use it the same

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, it's more sanitary than having a damned useless animal defecate in a box in your house.....just sayin'

Good Lord-some of my most controversial non-political opinions are about cats!

We're in a part of Colorado where a small yard is an acre. Therefore mice. Therefore cats are functional. They're also cute little monsters.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're in a part of Colorado where a small yard is an acre. Therefore mice. Therefore cats are functional. They're also cute little monsters.
Agreed on both points. We are essentially out in the woods, so the same issue with mice. I make a point of letting the two smaller cats up into the attic (oddly, the only place they actually seem to get along) from time to time. They are vicious predators, and keep rodents from taking up residence in there.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Dude, we have cats for the same reason.
They stay outside.
Occasionally, one of the dogs kills one, or it gets dragged off by an owl, then we get another one.
Inside, and in the immediate yard around the house, dogs do quite well for mice.
And no pooping in a box in the house....that's just silly!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Agreed on both points. We are essentially out in the woods, so the same issue with mice. I make a point of letting the two smaller cats up into the attic (oddly, the only place they actually seem to get along) from time to time. They are vicious predators, and keep rodents from taking up residence in there.

So I read this yesterday. And what you guys are saying makes me think about it more. For your reading pleasure.

The Great Filter: Cheat Code : HFY

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dude, we have cats for the same reason.
They stay outside.
Occasionally, one of the dogs kills one, or it gets dragged off by an owl, then we get another one.
Inside, and in the immediate yard around the house, dogs do quite well for mice.
And no pooping in a box in the house....that's just silly!

Why not just get a pet owl? Cut out the middle man (cat).

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My second most non political opinion....the movie It's a Wonderful Life.......sucks.

You're going to love the first.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Stroonza,November.jpg

Although she only lived in our carport for four months, I really, really miss that cat. Great hunter, fun companion, but alas, the landlord said she had to go. Found her a great home with a good man, though, and she's living large right now.

And everything she hunted and killed has come back, peeking around the corner as they do, no doubt saying "Is the f'ing Terminator gone?"

Latest Discussions