What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Somehow, none of our cats has ever been enamored of it. Once or twice they've gotten into it, but never much and not often.
I’ve never had one do it either. And neither has anyone in my family and my wife’s family. That’s a lot of cats over the decades.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t believe in tipping a restaurant employee when I order take-out and go in and pick up the food myself. What did they really do? Look at the order, walk over to the kitchen and bring it back? Nope. And before you cry foul, I bartended at a restaurant and practically every take-out orderer came to me. I never expected one nor thought it was worthy of tipping me for it. I will however suspend that one for a bit until this Covid BS clears up. Especially when they bring it out to my car.

I hate how fast food places are now adding a tip line to the receipts or on the screen. You’ll get exactly ZERO from me. Hell, I wish I could get a discount for seeing that and being guilted for a split second. Two I think of off the top of my head are Moe’s and Panera. Want a tip? Don’t work in a fast food restaurant.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t believe in tipping a restaurant employee when I go in and pick up the food myself. What did they really do? Look at the order, walk over to the kitchen and bring it back? Nope. And before you cry foul, I bartended at a restaurant and practically every take-out orderer came to me. I’ll suspend that one for a bit until this Covid BS clears up though.

I hate how fast food places are now adding a gimp line to the receipts or on the screen. Zero. Two I think of off the top of my head are Moe’s and Panera. Want a tip? Don’t work in a fast food restaurant.
I can't stand when they add that. So many places do, trying to in my mind trick you into thinking this is a place where you tip. Well, not you, but the teenagers who don't know better.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never had one do it either. And neither has anyone in my family and my wife’s family. That’s a lot of cats over the decades.
My ex did have a cat (after we split up) who dearly loved the stuff. She'd unroll the whole damned roll in no time. Somehow, she managed to do it quite neatly....unless she decided to show off, then she'd take the end and drag it to the living room.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Reactions: JP3

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a good article, and I buy both sides. Note in the comments where the one guy said, "Ali would have to stay on the bicycle the whole match..." I agree with that. Man, if Mike is able to close unexpectedly and drop The Big One, anyone can get got.

It's the being able to get it "in" that'd be Mike's challenge. Nice...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you do not need a 4-door 1-ton dualie pickup to take your jetski to the lake.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, you do not need a 4-door 1-ton dualie pickup to take your jetski to the lake.

Absolutely agree. This has always worked well for me:)

hqdefault.jpg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Drone cameras are stupid. My cousin has one and we were playing around with it before the lockdown. Other than something like a professional inspecting a roof, chimney, etc., or maybe a realtor using it to add to listing photos, I just don’t get it.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
During certain times of the year, I drive past a bunch of wild turkeys every day. I’m not the hunting and guns type, but I’d love to have a Glock to do a drive-by shooting of the turkeys. No idea why, I just think it would be cool to do.

And I don’t like eating turkey. Sandwiches, Thanksgiving, etc. Turkey sucks. My best Thanksgiving meal was a nice bone-in ribeye I cooked on the grill just right.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Drone cameras are stupid. My cousin has one and we were playing around with it before the lockdown. Other than something like a professional inspecting a roof, chimney, etc., or maybe a realtor using it to add to listing photos, I just don’t get it.
I have been researching them for checking on cattle. It sounds promising but the ones that can really cover distance are not cheap. I am trying to find a company who will lease on for a year at a reasonable price to make sure it is a wise investment and not something that just ends up in storage. .

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
During certain times of the year, I drive past a bunch of wild turkeys every day. I’m not the hunting and guns type, but I’d love to have a Glock to do a drive-by shooting of the turkeys. No idea why, I just think it would be cool to do.

And I don’t like eating turkey. Sandwiches, Thanksgiving, etc. Turkey sucks. My best Thanksgiving meal was a nice bone-in ribeye I cooked on the grill just right.
Agree. Never have been a fan of turkey. It is okay with some good dressing as long as it is the dark meat.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This turkey talk reminds me of what is most likely y most controversial, non-political opinion

I am not a fan of turkey either, so on Thanksgiving, I prefer Chinese food....Get many of a shocked look from my coworkers with that one.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Used by professional film and documentary makers they give some wonderful shots. They can go places humans can't or shouldn't go and give different perspectives. Far cheaper and cleaner than using helicopters.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have been researching them for checking on cattle. It sounds promising but the ones that can really cover distance are not cheap. I am trying to find a company who will lease on for a year at a reasonable price to make sure it is a wise investment and not something that just ends up in storage. .
Used by professional film and documentary makers they give some wonderful shots. They can go places humans can't or shouldn't go and give different perspectives. Far cheaper and cleaner than using helicopters.
Professional use, absolutely. People playing around with them for amusement, just stupid.

I almost hit one with my car the other day. Moron was flying it around and wasn’t up high enough. I wish I would’ve so I could have destroyed it and have him pay for damage to my car.

Edit: My cousin has one. He uses one at work occasionally as a civil engineer. He liked it so much that he bought one for himself. He’s taken pictures of his property, flown it around at parks, etc. I’m like “ok, now what do you do with it?” We both looked at each other like “what’s wrong with this guy?”

If I need one to survey my property or something like that, I’ll rent one. Other than that, I just don’t get it. And it drives me crazy. I know it’s irrational, but whatever.