What's the difference between Taiji and wrestling, or boxing?

BigDon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Push hands is only a tool, one of many in taijiquan. It is not taijiquan fighting
So can you tell us when you used all these wonderful techniques in a real situation. What exactly happened? Did you neutralise the negative energy with your chi?
Push hands is only a tool, one of many in taijiquan. It is not taijiquan fighting
Hmmm....very efficient
2e8b8032dc71e9ec.gif

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
How to

- close the distance?
- make arm contact?
- avoid making arm contact?
- finish a fight after pushing opponent away?

Only training Taiji form and Taiji PH are not enough.
That is true, but that is not a complete training. Similarly, break falls and randori is not a complete grappling training.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tickle them. I’m famous for my tickling. It’s in my footwork and timing. I have touted this ability before. Nobody listens to me, its like I’m speaking Cantonese or something.
In the Moo Duk Kwan, we train anti-tickle techniques. It's been years since anyone was able to tickle me.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
So can you tell us when you used all these wonderful techniques in a real situation. What exactly happened? Did you neutralise the negative energy with your chi?

Hmmm....very efficient
View attachment 28522
What is your training and experience? You clearly need a tickling.
In the Moo Duk Kwan, we train anti-tickle techniques. It's been years since anyone was able to tickle me.
oh yeah? I’ve heard these claims before. I am the Godzilla of the tickle game.

BigDon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Playing patty cake with your nanny doesn't really count...
Most experts I've seen are overweight middle aged men who have zero experience. They normally teach kids or people who believe it all. Honestly met a few of these "masters". Fancy writing on their black belt specifically made to fit their expanding chi belly. Showing the gullible people how defeat a knife when they themselves have never tried to use it.

Latest Discussions