What was the last movie you watched?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I rented a couple of interesting DVDs on the weekend.

Dead Snow. Norway. Med students staying in a cabin in the mountains find themselves pursued by Zombie Nazis from WWII. It is absolutely fantastic. http://festival.sundance.org/2009/film_events/films/dead_snow/

Not Quite Hollywood. Documentary, includes extensive interviews with Quentin Tarrentino. "NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD is the wild, untold story of "OZPLOITATION" movies - a time when Australian cinema got its gear off and showed the world a full-frontal explosion of sex, violence, horror and foot-to-the-floor, full bore action!" This was really, really intersting. http://www.flixster.com/movie/not-quite-hollywood

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I rented a couple of interesting DVDs on the weekend.

Dead Snow. Norway. Med students staying in a cabin in the mountains find themselves pursued by Zombie Nazis from WWII. It is absolutely fantastic. http://festival.sundance.org/2009/film_events/films/dead_snow/

Not Quite Hollywood. Documentary, includes extensive interviews with Quentin Tarrentino. "NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD is the wild, untold story of "OZPLOITATION" movies - a time when Australian cinema got its gear off and showed the world a full-frontal explosion of sex, violence, horror and foot-to-the-floor, full bore action!" This was really, really intersting. http://www.flixster.com/movie/not-quite-hollywood

Dead Snow was great. I watched in on VOD. But... I'll watch and enjoy just about any zombie movie... LOL

Whatever you do, avoid Bad Guys. Just watched in on VOD and it sucked. A pathetic attempt at a good "dialouge" based move that failed miserably.

I should have watched Bruno instead. Maybe tonight after Heroes...

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortensen. Pretty good flick, with an exciting naked Turkish-bath fight scene. A nude, damp and tattoed Viggo achieved an unrealistic armbreak on one attacker, which saddened me, though.

OP
D

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Watched "Deam Girls" last night. Man that Beyonce has a smile I could stare at forever.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
theater: Inglourious Basterds (great movie :D)
rented: G.I. Joe (dumb but entertaining)
already own: Collateral (decent plot, some gunplay that's actually kinda "tactically correct")

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just watched "Gran Torino". Fabulous film with a gritty quality all the way through and that excellent trait of engaging your emotions that is the mark of excellent story telling. Not ashamed to say I was biting back the tears when I realised what he was going to do.

Had the 'compliment' of my missus commenting as we watched "That's you that is" in reference to Clint's character. I'm hoping she meant the 'curmudgeonly yet moral' elements rather than the 'casual racist' parts :lol:.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Had the 'compliment' of my missus commenting as we watched "That's you that is" in reference to Clint's character. I'm hoping she meant the 'curmudgeonly yet moral' elements rather than the 'casual racist' parts :lol:.

Perhaps she meant the "squinty-eyed leather-mask face" elements?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are a cruel woman, Jenny :lol:. There are pics of me on the site; you decide :D.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Went on a date night with the wife last week and we saw "Law Abiding Citizen" with Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx.

Intriguing and disturbing at times, but we enjoyed it.

PErhaps it was just the company I was with that made it enjoyable...

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
I rented GI Joe a week or so ago. I was afraid it would ruin my memory of the cartoon, and it did. Other than the Baroness' outfit the rest was a bit of a disappointment.

First off Marlon Wayans in an action flick is just wrong. Also GI Joe is an American force. In this movie they looked more like what the U.N. wished they had.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
UP - yes I know it's a kids film but I am a very big kid!

A very good, touching and heartwarming film. Talking dogs aside I felt that this is a very mature film and it was nice to see disney moving away from patronising the youngsters as they have been of late since Hercules. It is getting back to making animations which deal with real emotions, gently exposing kids to such concepts as grief and loneliness.

Highly recommended. :)

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seen 2012 last night with my daughter. It was OK, nothing to write home about. Not as bad as everyone made it out to be IMO.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Valkyrie tonight with my daughters..... again and again they wanted to know if such things could really happen. Oh yes.

Latest Discussions