Karate Kid the movie saga

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something I really enjoy is to lay on bed with my daughter Ana watching the karate kid movies (from the 80's), Ana enjoy alot to see Ralph Machio and Pat Morita and today it wasn't the exception.

I was having luch when Ana came in to the living room and turn on the t.v. to see karate Kid III, so afther eating we went to the master room, turn on the air conditioner and turn on the tv and we saw the movie.

This was the moment, I asked Ana: Anni why you love su much the karate kid movies? She said softly... Mmmmmm I don't know papa.... So I asked again and told her to be fair and she answered: Mmmmm I think because I like to see the fights and the punches and kicks.....

Maliciusly I asked... So why then if you love karate kid movies don't you come back to dojang??? Mmmmmmm well.... maybeeee she asnwered.

This weekend I will talk to Ana about MA, TKD and other MA's I will love her to come with me to dojang when I tech but I finished classes too late at night and this is not good for a small girl.

BTW I would like to ask you, it seems the actor who plays Mr.Terry Silvers (Ian .... I forgot the last name) know MA, in some part of the movie he performs a kata/form/poomsae that looks korean to me but can not tell but he moves pretty good and his kicks are very nice. Do you know what kata/form is this? and do you know is this actor is a martial artist?

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got a clip of the form anywhere, Manny? I don't recall any Terry Silver form practice, but last time I saw the movie was years ago.

The kata Daniel practices, albeit poorly, is Seiunchin. One of the people involved in the Karate Kid franchise was a Goju-ryu karate-ka so references to Goju-ryu karate exist throughout the series.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thomas Ian Griffith has studied tae kwon do since sometime in childhood, and also is ranked in "kenpo karate." Don't know what the form was-haven't seen that one in years. Funny though, he's younger than Ralph Macchio

Latest Discussions