What Org have you been with and are you with now?

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
ATA, WTF, ITF, USTF, AIMAA......it seems the list can go on forever. What org are you with? Why are you with them? Have you changed orgs, and why?

I have been with the American Taekwondo Association, International Taekwondo Council, International Taekwondo Federation and now I study with the Hwa-Rang Taekwondo Federation. I have changed when my instructor has changed, my loyalty lies with him.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sounds like many TKD people. Did your instructor get a higher rank each time ge change organisations. That sems to be the patteren with many who keep changeing

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
If I said no, I'b be less than truthfull. But He left the ATA, because of the politics involved (he transfered into the ATA from another org as a 1st Dan in the early 70's and made his 6th Degree, Songahm Master, in 1992) he then sat on the inner council of the ITC (was involved with them for 7 years, 4 years into that term he tested and was promoted to 7th degree, Chief Master) he then left that org, it folded a year later, and he created the Hwa-Rang Taekwondo Federation. The HTF has been around for 6 years (est. 1999) and just last July he was tested for 8th Degree (HTF Grand Master) by Tang Soo Do Grand Master Andy Ahpo and Taekwondo Master Clint Robinson, along with 15 other Masters (including me). So, yes GM Jack Pierce has recieved higher rank, but I assure you, he earned every stripe and none came by chaning orgs.

As for myself I hold a 4th Degree BB in the ATA, 4th Degree BB in the ITC, 4th Dan from the ITF, and a 5th Degree (Master) from the HTF. O-Yea, and a white belt at Martialtalk.com, it's good to be a white belt again!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fluffy nothing but Kukkiwon for me, a pioneer of the Art a student for life.
Master Stoker

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Fluffy nothing but Kukkiwon for me, a pioneer of the Art a student for life.
Master Stoker

Nice! I've always thought about the KKW certification. I'm opening a club in Febuary I guess I'll think about doing something like that after everything settles down.

-Fluffy

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We are Kukkiwon/WTF, but we are affiliated with another org, I think. USTF, I believe. I never asked. I know that we get our certs (or can) from the Kukkiwon.

OP
Fluffy

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
You're almost at the dan level, I'd find out - it's immportant. IMHO

Latest Discussions