I wanted to say something to all in the TKD room

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe we finally have some really good knowledgable people and a lot of good conversation lately. It's finally nice to see some interaction without all of the bickering. This is why I have come from out of the shadows to post again. I may not be as experienced as the rest of you but I'll add what I can to the conversation when I can. Keep up the good work guys and ladies. :)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MR Farnsworth alot of us have put alot of efforts into this section to make it a place of knowledge, I can speak for me and alot of the other posters as well when I say Thank You for the kind and sincere words. You have always been a very intelligent and well spoken person. I'm Humble by your post.
Master Stoker:asian:

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jason, You're a well respected member of this forum. It means alot to have someone like you come out and say that they've really noticed a change is a big deal to those who have put so much time and effort into breathing new life into the TKD section. It certainly is to me! We're glad you're here.

Thank you!

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with these guys, Jason. You are a good guy even if you are a kenpo guy LOL

Sorry bad joke. But you are one of the cool guys here ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
I believe we finally have some really good knowledgable people and a lot of good conversation lately. It's finally nice to see some interaction without all of the bickering. This is why I have come from out of the shadows to post again. I may not be as experienced as the rest of you but I'll add what I can to the conversation when I can. Keep up the good work guys and ladies. :)
I couldn't agree more. I'm very glad the Korean section has had time to heal and the very knowledgeable TKDists are in the house stirring good convo up.

Way to go, folks!

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
I believe we finally have some really good knowledgable people
Yeah we do....but don't forget about the rest of us....:uhyeah:

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Agreed! Glad you noticed it. We do have some great Moderators in the TKD forum now, don't we? And, yes BigNick, great participants as well. You guys and gals have done much to elevate the discussion on this forum.

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also wanted to add that when I first started on here this section was like a wasteland. Very few posters and when they did the mods. probably had to pull their hairs out each day. It started to get better probably in '04 then something happened again where people couldn't stop the nit picking. Apparently we have weeded through those few and it seems like a nice addition to the forums now.

Originally posted by Bignick
Yeah we do....but don't forget about the rest of us....
Hey, go back and re-read my second to last sentence of my first post. :)

OP
jfarnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
I agree with these guys, Jason. You are a good guy even if you are a kenpo guy LOL
Ah, yes, but from my first instructor I learned how to fight, I got my basics and all of my building blocks for my martial arts study. For that I thank him immensely.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It makes for interesting reading for those of us who like to know about martial arts other then our own--I read here even though I do not practice any KMA!

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not able to contribute much in the TKD forum, so I'm really glad we have new moderators who can.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jason, that was very thoughtful and I agree that this is a good place to be discussing things. There's a lot of good information and experiences exchanged. The Mods are doing their jobs well!

Miles

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I am not able to contribute much in the TKD forum, so I'm really glad we have new moderators who can.
Ah, but you'll always be our main inspiration, oh KMA princess. :inlove:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Ah, but you'll always be our main inspiration, oh KMA princess. :inlove:
:rofl: You funny!! And sweet.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:

I for one thought of you doing a great job, OH YEA for the recond ME,Myself and I was involved in that decission.
icon10.gif

Terry

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, you, like Gemini, are way too kind and sweet. I don't know much about TKD which you obviously do and I am VERY glad you're here! Thanks for stepping up!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the increased discussion will pull in some TKDMDK people. I trained with some of those guys and all I've got to say is that they are really really good. Anyway, the quality of discussion has definitely gone up and I think that that will build our MT community more then anything else we do.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
Ah, yes, but from my first instructor I learned how to fight, I got my basics and all of my building blocks for my martial arts study. For that I thank him immensely.

I knew ya did TKD, silly. I was just poken fun at ya ;)

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
As long as we can put the WTF/ITF/ATA/all the rest........politics aside we can have a great conversation. Sure there will be debate, the best form - or - the best style of sparring, but that's not all that immportant. It's the Do - the Way - the lifestyle - living it, and passing it on.

I would also like to invite any of the TSD people on, they are our brothers and sisters. I have some great relationships with them and some Hapkido people, kind of a close cousin I guess.

-Fluffy

Latest Discussions