what is the most effective kicks and punches to use in a fight?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's the best shirt and shoes to go with those pants when you're going to that thing? :)

It's kind of like that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For me I like a good front heel kick to the lower ribs.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's say it's a 'street fight' situation: you're squared off against some other numpty, similar size as you.
Low-risk, relative reward strikes strikes are the best strikes to use; unless you're confident/dumb, you won't be trying to throw a 540° hook kick in such fight. Common sense is your best determiner.

OP
senseiblackbelt

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
The ones that work, given the openings that the flow of movement creates.

What he said.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

The ones that allow you to win.

What's the best shirt and shoes to go with those pants when you're going to that thing? :)

It's kind of like that.

For me I like a good front heel kick to the lower ribs.

That depends entirely upon the fight, the fighters, and the environment of the fight. I know it's a vague answer, but it's a fairly vague question.

Let's say it's a 'street fight' situation: you're squared off against some other numpty, similar size as you.
Low-risk, relative reward strikes strikes are the best strikes to use; unless you're confident/dumb, you won't be trying to throw a 540° hook kick in such fight. Common sense is your best determiner.

literally just realise half my questions r answerable by google. -.-

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
literally just realise half my questions r answerable by google. -.-
Keep asking. And look to learn how to ask better questions each time, by figuring out how you could have gotten better answers. Then, start trying to answer your own questions, and use that to make your questions even better. This is the most valuable skill most people could add to their tool belt.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For not repeating Dirty Dog, I would say that the most effective are the simplest and/or the ones you master. Another thing I found effective for me is the shortest strike against the closest target, with feints (that usually translates in punches to the head and kicks to the legs). Effectiveness is still to be defined, but I guess it is sort of what you ae looking for.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, if you had any common sense you wouldn't be fighting in the street in the first place.
Again with that? When will you accept that most people use "fight" in a way that you don/t? You are not the final arbiter of definitions.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Again with that? When will you accept that most people use "fight" in a way that you don/t? You are not the final arbiter of definitions.
I was referring to the word in the context that it was presented by the poster, who talked about "squaring off" against people in the street, which suggest some form of consent/agreement, rather than the word being used to describe a situation were a person is attacked/assaulted without warning by a criminal (which is what you were referring to with "again with this").

So yet again you have misinterpreted my post and are replying your your own mistaken version of what you think I meant. To which I reply: Again with this?

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was referring to the word in the context that it was presented by the poster, who talked about "squaring off" against people in the street ...
I don't think it was the OP (senseiblackbelt) who wrote that.

Anyway ... if it were me, I'd say kick low to the knee or ankle, to (hopefully) make them drop to the ground, or at least be unable to run after me. This is assuming he has no friends nearby, we're not in a tight space, and I can walk away. My foot would be closer to his knee or ankle than to his other body parts, so it would be faster and there's less risk of telegraphing. I could distract him with my hands. And if he can't stand, he's no threat if I just step away. No matter what the condition of his head or hands, if he can't stand, and I can move away from him, he can't fight.

My two cents.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions